Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Izotope 5 preset
Old 24th April 2012
Gear maniac

Izotope 5 preset

I was wondering if anybody had recommendations on a good preset I could start with on the master channel.. I'm producing house music and I'd like to keep my bass components fairly central and hi's wider, but some of my bass has a natural stereo width, which sounds good and would like to be able to maintain that stereo width. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
Old 24th April 2012
Gear Head

Don´t even think about the mastering plugins before you are finished with the mix, and you feel 100% happy with the sound. When done mixing, render the project to wav/aiff, import the stereo file to DAW/Wave editor for final polish. You will get better results if you focus on one thing at a time instead of juggling mix and mastering at the same time, adding confusion as to what does what, chasing the gauges etc.. Secondly, it might be a good idea to master on a different monitoring system than the one you mix on. Let´s say you have a high end stereo in your living room, connect a laptop w/interface to your hifi and master while sitting in your couch. Or if that´s not an option, maybe you have friends with good monitoring in their studios. Even better, get a friend to master your project, it never hurts with a second opinion
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search