The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Midi Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 23rd May 2007
Here for the gear

Midi

Hi Folks:

Here's my question, I have been away from music for sometime now, and I am getting back into it. The first thing I did was to up grade my home studio. I went out and brought the Juno-G. After not noticing for a while, I notice that there's no midi thru plug on the Juno-G? after finding out that today's new keyboards not don't come with the midi thru plugs . My problem is this, I still want to use my MPC2000, which means I must go to midi out and midi in from the MPC2000 to the Juno-G now since the Juno doesnt have a midi thru plug, how do I connect to the rest of my modules in my rack? Do I need to go out and buy a midi box and why did they drop the midi thru plug?
Old 23rd May 2007
Lives for gear

Midi interfaces are extremely cheap these days- you can get an 8 port interface new for a couple of hundred bucks.
I'm running 3 of them for 24 midi ports and dedicate a single port to each device.
Because midi is serial there is slightly less latency this way (but I imagine this is pretty negligible).
Old 23rd May 2007
Lives for gear

Many synths that seem to not have a MIDI THRU have a setting that changes the MIDI OUT jack to a MIDI THRU jack. Check the manual.

DP

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search