The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help with running a SP-404SX with pedals
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Help with running a SP-404SX with pedals

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, and a newbie to the world of samplers as well. I recently purchased a Roland SP404SX which I'm enjoying.

For an upcoming performance piece, I was hoping to run the sampler into a few pedals then into the mixer/PA, but I'd like to keep it all stereo if possible?

The signal chain would be: SP-404SX-->EHX Freeze-->Boss DD-7-->Boss RV-5

The problem is that the Freeze pedal is mono, I'd like to keep the signal coming out of the SP-404 stereo, how would I go about this?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac
Mixer effects send out -> pedals -> back into mixer via open channel will let you blend wet and dry signals with much more control and also you can then apply effects to anything else running through the mixer. As far as making a mono effect stereo, if it had two output Jacks, you could run each one to seperate channels in your mixer and then hard pan those channels left and right.....maybe.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songtalk View Post
Mixer effects send out -> pedals -> back into mixer via open channel will let you blend wet and dry signals with much more control and also you can then apply effects to anything else running through the mixer. As far as making a mono effect stereo, if it had two output Jacks, you could run each one to seperate channels in your mixer and then hard pan those channels left and right.....maybe.
Ok, I'll try that out and see how it works. The only thing I'm curious about though is if the freeze would work how I need it to with running it through the mixer effects out as described above. I'm using the the SP404 into the Freeze in order to "freeze" and drone signals coming directly from the SP404, we'll see if that works through the mixer.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac
You'll probably just have to work the faders/knobs pretty actively to get a good blend/wet to dry ratio.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search