The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Eventide H9000 to be officially unveiled at AES Convention on October 18th, 2017
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Eventide H9000 to be officially unveiled at AES Convention on October 18th, 2017

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I love how "it's 1996 and our client just bought a $150,000 SSL console" this product is

Wish I could afford one
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

no doubt, looks amazing
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

WHOA!!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

somehow not really excited about this sticking with my 8000's..
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXUS-6 View Post
somehow not really excited about this sticking with my 8000's..
My H3000 DSE isn't going anywhere, in fact I wouldn't mind having a second one. My H7600 on the other hand...hmmmm, I'll wait and see

Right off the bat, though, I wish that Eventide had gone a different route in regards to the industrial design of the H9000. It's hideous, like a piece of medical equipment from the late 1990's. The looks of a product are generally nitpicking, but there is something to be said about using a piece of gear being a source of inspiration. Also, for something as expensive as the H9000, one would hope that they made sure that every aspect of it was perfect, including its look and feel.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac
Cool but they should have called it Hal-9000
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Wow, i think it looks amazing! I'd be tempted to get one and just use it as my main soundcard!!!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
Wow, i think it looks amazing! I'd be tempted to get one and just use it as my main soundcard!!!
Oof. I didn't even consider that. The 8 analog inputs and outputs would be super useful for external sends.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild View Post
Oof. I didn't even consider that. The 8 analog inputs and outputs would be super useful for external sends.
The converters on eventide boxes are literally *legendary*
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Can't wait. I've been saving up for this for months. It's literally the only other thing that I even THINK I want in my studio. I'll probably just go with the faceless one and control wirelessly.

I hear the 9000s going to be a little cheaper than the 8000 for a faceless one and a little more for the one with the screen in the rack.

Can't wait. Just need that Canadian dollar to start ramping up.

That said my loaded H3000, Lexicon 300, KSP8 and analog hardware effects will still be sticking around. Pre-emptively traded my Orville for a H9 Max and cash though. The H9 Max will just get turned into funds for this once its finally out.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
Can't wait. I've been saving up for this for months. It's literally the only other thing that I even THINK I want in my studio. I'll probably just go with the faceless one and control wirelessly.

I hear the 9000s going to be a little cheaper than the 8000 for a faceless one and a little more for the one with the screen in the rack.

Can't wait. Just need that Canadian dollar to start ramping up.

That said my loaded H3000, Lexicon 300, KSP8 and analog hardware effects will still be sticking around. Pre-emptively traded my Orville for a H9 Max and cash though. The H9 Max will just get turned into funds for this once its finally out.
I didn't even see that there would be faceless ones, would you control from a VST/AU? I'd probably prefer that anyway
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I didn't even see that there would be faceless ones, would you control from a VST/AU? I'd probably prefer that anyway
You can see it in the rack here:

Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

I'm excited too. In a standing on the sidelines cheering kinda way.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muied Lumens View Post
I'm excited too. In a standing on the sidelines cheering kinda way.
Yes ... Drool ...
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post
The converters on eventide boxes are literally *legendary*
Oh I know it. The converters on my H3000 DSE are mojo monsters, though not so much on the H7600. Those are pretty neutral. I'm hoping that the H9000 will have algorithms which emulate the character of the H3000 ADC and DAC stages so that they can be inserted into the H9000's FX chains
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diametro View Post
Yes ... Drool ...
Did anyone catch the part in the above video where the demonstrator mentions that the H9000 is capable of 16 stereo FX pairs?
Old 4 days ago
t_d
Lives for gear

very excited for this. and will be a great time for people to pick up on a flood of used H8000s.

i'm not a fan of software, but the faceless version could be pretty decent since the rack would still have plenty of analog (and digital) IO..

big question for me is whether or not the software controller will be able to be standalone and not just a plug in inside a DAW...

i don't want to launch a DAW to edit the unit...

we shall see next week!

looks like probably around $5k or maybe $4500 for the engine version and, my guess is $6-$6500 for the regular version.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Will Eventide release a dedicated controller for it?

How tasty would that be ... ???
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diametro View Post
Will Eventide release a dedicated controller for it?

How tasty would that be ... ???
Their dedicated controllers have been super expensive in the past, likely due to their small production volume. As nice as it would be, and I think that I would prefer the H9000r paired with a controller over a standard H9000, I think that an iPad app is much more likely.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

This looks like an excellent new and feature rich model for the Harmonizer series. I've also got a pair of D/SE's and an Orville, but this would be an amazing addition. I've been struggling with how to add more AD stages for all my synth outputs so I can capture them individually when multiple synths are playing simultaneously. Right now, they're all feeding into 2 8-ch API rack mixers and I'm capturing off the summed balanced stereo bus outputs. These go to inputs 7/8 on my Apogee Ensemble. The other inputs are taken; 2 for vox, 2 for gtr & 2 for bass.

So, rather than adding another 8 or 16 channel converter (like an AD16x or another Ensemble, etc), I could add an H9000 which could then capture the individual synth tracking channels into PTHD, along with the FX. This would make it a monster synth FX and AD/DA box all in one. The thing is, I really love the D/SE's with my synths, along with the PCM-70 & 81, and this this is MUCHO EXPENSIVO! But, you do get a lot for the money.

Maybe the silver face would be the way to go, if they include an EVE/NET controller. Mmm...

Then there's the H8000... more affordable after this. Mmm...

Damn Eventide, way to go!

Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

No knobby remote planned.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why not use it as a bitcrusher ?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

H7600s starting to show up for well under $3000. That's just about in the "obtanium" range...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by e6400ultra View Post
Bummer. Hopefully there'll be a VST + the option to control via MIDI learn...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

For the people who are looking at the faceless version - how good is Eventide's software support? (this is sort of a rhetorical question) It would be a major bummer if you'd have this thing and 10 years later it'd only run on the 2027 equivalent of Windows XP or god forbid, an iPad 1 or something.

I'd also would like to see an update for the Eclipse (I don't think the H9 is that). For the people who don't have the budget of

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post
I love how "it's 1996 and our client just bought a $150,000 SSL console" this product is
which is a hilariously astute observation.

More than that, I'd like to see a Boutique H3000. By now a Raspberry Pi should have enough power to run what's inside of it.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I can't say how their software support *will* be, but for a company that's been at the forefront of studio effects since the '70s, I'd say easily better than most ...
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by e6400ultra View Post
Exactly my thought. I don't want to edit this in hardware menus or software.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post
Exactly my thought. I don't want to edit this in hardware menus or software.
Right. Since I only use the analog I/O, in theory I could replace my 8000's with a single H9000, but I'm not sure I want to switch from using the EVE/NET to an iPad for editing.
Attached Thumbnails
Eventide H9000 to be officially unveiled at AES Convention on October 18th, 2017-eve-net.jpg   Eventide H9000 to be officially unveiled at AES Convention on October 18th, 2017-ipad.jpg  
Old 4 days ago
One big question for me is, if I spend so much money, and there is no knobby remote:

How long will the remote app be supported? 1-2 OS = nowadays 2-3 years only :(

PS: I hope the remote app is available as plugin.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search