The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Super In-Depth Vermona DRM1 Mk.iii demos
Old 16th July 2017
Here for the gear

Super In-Depth Vermona DRM1 Mk.iii demos

Hi there, loooong time lurker, first time poster.

I've had my Vermona DRM1 for a few months now and I've wanted to put together some videos going deep into the synthesis engines on this killer drum synth.

I've started putting them up in the last couple of days and there's more to come, but here's the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe5a...PpKzL9Naf7NkVl but for convenience, i'll embed below:

Last edited by OscillatorSink; 23rd July 2017 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: Added clap video
Old 16th July 2017
Gear Head
Great stuff - thank you for posting. I love my DRM
Old 16th July 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil F View Post
Great stuff - thank you for posting. I love my DRM
It really is a wonderful bit of kit right?
Old 17th July 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscillatorSink View Post
Yes it is, i love mine too. Thanks for doing this, you worth a huge thumbs up!

p.s. Welcome to GS!
Old 17th July 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Absolutely - wouldn't swap mine for anything.

Went through your video's and found there were sounds that I had not fount yet - so, thank you!!
Old 17th July 2017
Gear Addict

The insert on every channel is a brilliant add on! Having some Insert Cables (Y) (see on the attached pic, in case you don't know what it is) spare around and some guitar pedals laying on my desktop, i tend to patch them on the DRM quite often now.

I use EHX overdrive pedals for the kick and snare, you can make amazing tones with them.
Also, modulation effects on the HiHats, chorus/flanging, sound really nice there too.
In Multi, with something like a chord sound programmed and a tape delay, you got some Detroit techno in no time.

I think i made my point so far.....you can patch even modular stuff on it. I used Mutable Instruments Clouds module and things went really wild! So much fun and creativity with this machine!

I want to add at that point, that Beatstep Pro is a great sequencer to match with the DRM, in case you need a hardware one, works like a charm!

Cheers!

Klotz Dual Mono Jack To Stereo Jack Cable, 1m | DV247
Attached Thumbnails
Super In-Depth Vermona DRM1 Mk.iii demos-200591_p.jpg  
Old 17th July 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziak View Post
The insert on every channel is a brilliant add on! Having some Insert Cables (Y) (see on the attached pic, in case you don't know what it is) spare around and some guitar pedals laying on my desktop, i tend to patch them on the DRM quite often now.

I use EHX overdrive pedals for the kick and snare, you can make amazing tones with them.
Also, modulation effects on the HiHats, chorus/flanging, sound really nice there too.
In Multi, with something like a chord sound programmed and a tape delay, you got some Detroit techno in no time.

I think i made my point so far.....you can patch even modular stuff on it. I used Mutable Instruments Clouds module and things went really wild! So much fun and creativity with this machine!

I want to add at that point, that Beatstep Pro is a great sequencer to match with the DRM, in case you need a hardware one, works like a charm!

Cheers!

Klotz Dual Mono Jack To Stereo Jack Cable, 1m | DV247
I'll be doing a video later on in the series all about the insert points, don't you worry!
Old 17th July 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
I'll be doing a video later on in the series all about the insert points, don't you worry!
Not worried, I was sure about it! Bring it on!
Thanks again for doing this series.
Old 17th July 2017
Gear Addict
Dammit! I literally started filming a similar series yesterday! Mostly for the fact that when I was researching it, the only good non-performance video I could find was Gaz from Sonicstate, and it was a little light on sounds.

The DRM1 is awesome, I look forward to the rest of your series
Old 17th July 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigment View Post
Dammit! I literally started filming a similar series yesterday! Mostly for the fact that when I was researching it, the only good non-performance video I could find was Gaz from Sonicstate, and it was a little light on sounds.

The DRM1 is awesome, I look forward to the rest of your series

We are now all looking forward to yours too!
Old 17th July 2017
This insert cable trick will also work on the perFOURmer as well!
Old 17th July 2017
Lives for gear

I have been using my DRM MKII with trigger inputs and just this weekend switched to triggering it with MIDI. WOAH!! It breathes with velocity! The sounds are so complex when you add a bit of velocity to it!! I think I am going to move over to the MKIII pretty soon. Anyone want to buy my MKII?
Old 17th July 2017
great drum synth, I need to use mine more
Old 17th July 2017
Great vids!!!
I'll have to get one of theese...
Old 19th July 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil F View Post
We are now all looking forward to yours too!
Yeah, don't stop on my account!

The DRM1 deserves to have as many videos about it as possible!
Old 19th July 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by balanceman View Post
I have been using my DRM MKII with trigger inputs and just this weekend switched to triggering it with MIDI. WOAH!! It breathes with velocity! The sounds are so complex when you add a bit of velocity to it!! I think I am going to move over to the MKIII pretty soon. Anyone want to buy my MKII?
I'm planning on doing a whole video showing what velocity actually does to the sounds - it makes SUCH a big difference. It's why I love using it with the beatstep pro, the "aftertouch roll" trick on hihats is SO cool.
Old 19th July 2017
Here for the gear

The Hi-hats video went live last night:

Old 21st July 2017
Lives for gear

I ordered a MK III today! I will be posting my blue MK II in the classifieds tonight or tomorrow.
Old 21st July 2017
Gear Maniac

Good videos. Thanks.
Old 23rd July 2017
Here for the gear

The clap video is now live. Now we've covered each of the voices I'll move onto some other areas and features like inserts, velocity, maybe some oscilloscope videos if people are into that?
Old 29th July 2017
Gear Head
Yes, would love that - thank you!
Old 12th August 2017
Here for the gear

Nerdy videos coming real soon now I'm back off holiday (I'm desperate for some oscilloscope action!), but first: bit of an experiment: I suggested in another of my videos that you could put together a track only using the Vermona DRM1. So I thought I ought to try and prove it! All done live, no overdubs, all sounds coming from the DRM1!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search