The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dominion 1, Perfourmer mk II, Mother 32 - what to keep / sell?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Dominion 1, Perfourmer mk II, Mother 32 - what to keep / sell?

I need money to buy a proper poly synth (Prophet 12, most likely).

Since my sales of smaller stuff so far didn't go well, I am now considering selling one or two of my analogs. But what?

Dominion 1

The pure sound is so great, the keys are among the best I ever had, and it just looks gorgeous. However, I hardly ever use it.

Mother 32

It's a moog, and was an affordable one when I wanted a moog. I love the sound, but it's quite a one trick pony and thus I hardly ever use it.

Perfourmer Mk 2

I keep getting back to this one. I love the sound, and especially I prefer it as a mono over the other two. But as a poly, I find it hard to make useful sounds with it. However, this thing is so special that I tend to vote for "keep".

What would you keep or sell to get closer to a major synth?

And would you sell any of these to get closer to a Prophet 12?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarelch View Post
I need money to buy a proper poly synth (Prophet 12, most likely).

Since my sales of smaller stuff so far didn't go well, I am now considering selling one or two of my analogs. But what?

Dominion 1

The pure sound is so great, the keys are among the best I ever had, and it just looks gorgeous. However, I hardly ever use it.

Mother 32

It's a moog, and was an affordable one when I wanted a moog. I love the sound, but it's quite a one trick pony and thus I hardly ever use it.

Perfourmer Mk 2

I keep getting back to this one. I love the sound, and especially I prefer it as a mono over the other two. But as a poly, I find it hard to make useful sounds with it. However, this thing is so special that I tend to vote for "keep".

What would you keep or sell to get closer to a major synth?

And would you sell any of these to get closer to a Prophet 12?
You seem to have answered your own question here

If you never use the M32 (especially if you don't have a modular set up) I'd get rid, given the quality of the other two synths you have.

In terms of Perfourmer vs Dominion, by the sound of it you only use one, and as a monosynth, so if you aim to get a poly, keeping the Perfourmer would effectively give you a four oscillator mono if used in this manner, or at least a fair degree of flexibility to complement your new poly.

Hope that helps!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I'd get rid of the Mother-32. The other 2 are very special instruments.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WozNYC View Post
I'd get rid of the Mother-32. The other 2 are very special instruments.
This is what I would do too.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

agreed with everyone else

there's a certain roundness to p4mer that's really special and you can use it for some REALLY THICK poly pad / chords that are a bit stylized

p12 is gonna be different as it's a hybrid BUT i think DSI's hybrid / more edgy stuff like revolver are way more interesting than their wimpish classic recreations
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I agree with the dump the Moog comments. If you do get a Prophet 12, I'd highly recommend getting a Strymon Deco to go with it. I've found it does a wonderful job of rounding off the edges so it sits happily alongside my analog monos.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Definitely keep the vermona.
Get rid of the 32 ,and if you really have to, the dom.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Never get rid of the Dom, dump he 32
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I've never touched a Dominion 1 or a Mother 32, but you would have to pry my two PERfourMERs from my cold dead hands.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Zerocrossing will be here in a while to tell you to never buy a Prophet 12 because software is better and bla bla bla Don't listen!
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Of the three I'd keep the Dom1 as both a long term investment in tone and flipability. Keys, and my gut feeling is the Dom1 might go up in price as it and their other gear has been getting more and more popular.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouby View Post
Zerocrossing will be here in a while to tell you to never buy a Prophet 12 because software is better and bla bla bla Don't listen!
Please post this in any thread that has the possibility of that happening.

Keep the Vermona OP!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Keep all three of them, but keep the Vermona most.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

If you're not using the 32 and Dom 1, sell them. No-brainer to me. First though, I would spend at least half a day with them individually to make sure.

Last edited by donato; 5 days ago at 02:34 AM..
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
No. I wouldn't say software is better. I'd say that all synths are better.

(My 12 was replaced with a Prophet 6 and a Micromonsta, FYI)
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha View Post
Keep all three of them, but keep the Vermona most.
I'm with you, but Polartech seems less enthusiastic about them, so I say, "sell'm all." I'll take the Dominion.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
Please post this in any thread that has the possibility of that happening.

Keep the Vermona OP!
If you say "Prophet 12" three times, I instantly appear and poop on your Prophet 12.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
If you say "Prophet 12" three times, I instantly appear and poop on your Prophet 12.
Hahaha I nearly chocked to death reading that lol
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Prophet 12 Prophet 12 Proph....
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Ok, hypothetically - if you had to lose one out of Perfourmer, Dom 1 or Pro 2 - what would it be? With Peak as a replacement for the one sold. Asking for a friend, obviously.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil F View Post
Ok, hypothetically - if you had to lose one out of Perfourmer, Dom 1 or Pro 2 - what would it be? With Peak as a replacement for the one sold. Asking for a friend, obviously.
Ha ha, same dilemma here - same 3, looking to lose 1 to make space.

Just can't decide. The Dom 1 would be hardest to find again, which is a point in favour of keeping it.

But they're all such great synths!
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Polarelch, hogberto, how do you find dominion 1 overall build quality compared to perfourmer mk2? Sound wise is dom 1 in the same league or step behind? Especially, how do you find its oscillators, filter and resonance? What do you don't like about dom 1 vs perfourmer mk2. I'm thinking about getting dominion 1 and I already have vermona synth.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexiglass View Post
Polarelch, hogberto, how do you find dominion 1 overall build quality compared to perfourmer mk2? Sound wise is dom 1 in the same league or step behind? Especially, how do you find its oscillators, filter and resonance? What do you don't like abuout dom 1 vs perfourmer mk2. I'm thinking about getting dominion 1 and I already have vermona synth.
I just bought a Dominion 1 to complement my Pro-2. A couple of years ago I had to make a choice and I ended up going the DSI-route and I've been GASsing after the Dominion ever since.

The build quality is superb... it's built like a tank! I think it's probably the best-sounding synth I've got as well. I can't comment on how it compares to the Perfourmer but the raw oscillator sound is a cut above my Pro-2 - it sounds rounder, warmer and it naturally has a more movement to it. That's the first thing that struck me when I turned it on.
Maybe that's to be expected as the Pro-2 has digital oscillators, but they're both amazing synths in their own right.

The filters sound great to me, plus there's lots of them so plenty of scope for out-there sounds. I think the filter/amp envelopes will take a bit of getting used to as they're a little different from anything else I own.
Old 9 hours ago
Gear Addict

Marry the Dominion 1, snog the Perfourmer Mk2, Mother 32 - avoid.
Old 9 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
probably recommending micromonsta for better FM at the same time
Old 9 hours ago
Lives for gear

Op, sell what you don't use to buy what you will use.

Yes the Dom and performer are very decent but what's the point if you don't use them? Book ends mate, sell and buy the prophet if that's your desire.
Old 7 hours ago
Lives for gear
I own a lot of synths and love the vermona. M32 nice but not really a must have. I don't On my way! The dominion but from the demos it sound super. I wouldn't sell either of the two ( vermona and dominion. ). M32 should go. And donwhat u must to get a prophet 12 or even an 8. By the way I have a system 8 and it's quite convincing
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search