The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is upgrading Komplete 10 to 11 worth it?
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

Is upgrading Komplete 10 to 11 worth it?

I am wondering if some folks here went from Komplete 10 to 11 and if it was worth it. I have a hard time deciding.

1. Reaktor 6: you now get "blocks" but they seem very time consuming and complex to set up- are they?

2. Does anything else in Reaktor 6 get better?

3. Is Kinetic Metal much different from Prism (which excelled at metallic sounds)?

4. Is Form much different from Skanner XT (which I have)?

5. Is Replika that much better than other delays in K10?

6. Are there a lot of strum patterns in Session Guitarist? How custom-izable is it?

any replies help
Old 19th June 2017
Gear Maniac

Only worth it to go from 10 to 11 Ultimate IMO especially with the sale on right now. Reaktor 6 is the best thing the standard upgrade will net you but it's not a world of difference from 5 and personally all I really use Reaktor for is Monark
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune View Post
I am wondering if some folks here went from Komplete 10 to 11 and if it was worth it. I have a hard time deciding.

1. Reaktor 6: you now get "blocks" but they seem very time consuming and complex to set up- are they?

any replies help
Blocks is worth the price of admission alone, easy rabbit hole to go down :D
Old 19th June 2017
Gear Addict
I dont think it is worth it.
Isn't kinetic metal in Komplete 10? Fairly sure its part of my komplete 10 ult.
£149 is cheap, but lots of other stuff to but for that money these days.. A years pass to Steven slate all access for example seems more appealing to me and cheaper.
Good price for 8 ultimate upgrade though - for the same price as 10-11.
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

I tend to wait a few years between upgrades to get the most bang for the buck. I just upgraded from 8 to 11 and what I got for my $99 was fantastic. Form. rounds, kontour, monark, blocks, polyplex, una corda ( which is awesome ), the other pianos ( kinda meh...), Africa, strummed acoustic ( which is actually pretty cool for adding bits of acoustic guitar to a track...but I wouldn't use it to carry a track ), metal, session horns/strings ( meh and meh ).

Unless there's something you just gotta have, wait till the next upgrade comes along.

Last edited by 3rdpath; 19th June 2017 at 11:47 PM..
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiller View Post
£149 is cheap, but lots of other stuff to but for that money these days.. A years pass to Steven slate all access for example seems more appealing to me and cheaper.
The upgrade is good- but I don't have 500GB on my laptop, so...
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompetigo View Post
but it's not a world of difference from 5 and personally all I really use Reaktor for is Monark
You're probably not in much position to be giving advice on it then...

Reaktor 6 is an insane upgrade. It makes reaktor so much faster, more intuitive, and user friendly. Given that it is probably the most powerful piece of software outside Max, and Blocks gives it such a friendlier and more immediate interface than before. Plus the base of user blocks has grown massively. Want buchla complex oscillators? Got em. Want to make your own glitch stutter pitch shifty granulizing stutter sequencer? No problem. Want every effect possible with your own modulation/feedback/crossmod paths? No problem. Monarch is nothing in the scheme of Reaktor.
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiller View Post
Aren't the upgrades 50% off right now? I just upgraded for $100 a week or two afo.
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

I like Blocks, and Polyplex is fun for just jamming and makng a basic rhythm something new after it gets stale; just roll the dice!
Old 20th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septik View Post
You're probably not in much position to be giving advice on it then...

Reaktor 6 is an insane upgrade. It makes reaktor so much faster, more intuitive, and user friendly. Given that it is probably the most powerful piece of software outside Max, and Blocks gives it such a friendlier and more immediate interface than before. Plus the base of user blocks has grown massively. Want buchla complex oscillators? Got em. Want to make your own glitch stutter pitch shifty granulizing stutter sequencer? No problem. Want every effect possible with your own modulation/feedback/crossmod paths? No problem. Monarch is nothing in the scheme of Reaktor.
I thought folks were saying blocks wasn't easy to use- isn't modular complicated?
Old 20th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I thought folks were saying blocks wasn't easy to use- isn't modular complicated?
Not when it has an easily connected interfacing system and GUI - compare to how Reaktor 5 patches were created and pieces were connected under the hood. Modular just means you can connect different pieces however you want.
Old 20th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
The upgrade is good- but I don't have 500GB on my laptop, so...
It's not 500GB.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search