The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Superbooth 2017 Thread
Old 20th April 2017
  #211
Gear Nut
 
Gotcha's Avatar
 

Yeah, can't wait

Access site is back on, new Virus is not...
Old 20th April 2017
  #212
Lives for gear
Wow, can't believe how negative people are. Roland released many new products last year, many. And people still assumed they'd show more new stuff here? And now that they didn't (duh) it's a total failure? Same goes for Arturia. MatrixBrute and Drumbrute were just released lol...
Old 20th April 2017
  #213
Gear Nut
 
Gotcha's Avatar
 

I had (and still have) almost all of Roland's new products but I honestly want only one... So I'm kinda disappointed last two years
Old 20th April 2017
  #214
Lives for gear
Yes but Arturia said they have something new. A black beatstep isnt what i would call new.
Old 20th April 2017
  #215
Lives for gear
 
Cornish1999's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by idm0r View Post
Wow, can't believe how negative people are. Roland released many new products last year, many. And people still assumed they'd show more new stuff here? And now that they didn't (duh) it's a total failure? Same goes for Arturia. MatrixBrute and Drumbrute were just released lol...
We the consumers always want more lol
Old 20th April 2017
  #216
Lives for gear
DAMM, back to NAMM
Old 20th April 2017
  #217
Here for the gear
 

Any news on the new MFB instruments? Hoping for an analog poly.
Old 20th April 2017
  #218
Gear Nut
 
Gotcha's Avatar
 

Malekko and MFB...??
Old 20th April 2017
  #219
Lives for gear
 
robinkle's Avatar
The Yamaha MX88, makes me forget about Montage, not because it's a superior product, but because I can't imagine Yamaha making the Montage after seeing them release yet ANOTHER rebranded Motif. I believe Korg made the Montage for Yamaha. I feel like paying the Yamaha engineers and marketing people a visit, shake them all up and yell "WAKE UP!". This demonstrator sounds very excited about their new product, like it's the next big thing. Where do I begin to describe the ignorance of that? Nick went over to Yamaha, they told him to come, but they didn't tell what it was. I think they fooled Nick into paying them a visit. They released the most booring product ever. But that's my opinion.
Old 20th April 2017
  #220
Lives for gear
 
Mushy Mushy's Avatar
 

My credit card is doing backflips with excitement and relief.
Old 20th April 2017
  #221
Gear Head
 

+1 on hoping for MFB news. Dom5=dream synth
Old 20th April 2017
  #222
Lives for gear
 
cake100's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinkle View Post
The Yamaha MX88, makes me forget about Montage, not because it's a superior product, but because I can't imagine Yamaha making the Montage after seeing them release yet ANOTHER rebranded Motif. I believe Korg made the Montage for Yamaha. I feel like paying the Yamaha engineers and marketing people a visit, shake them all up and yell "WAKE UP!". This demonstrator sounds very excited about their new product, like it's the next big thing. Where do I begin to describe the ignorance of that? Nick went over to Yamaha, they told him to come, but they didn't tell what it was. I think they fooled Nick into paying them a visit. They released the most booring product ever. But that's my opinion.
I think deep down you expected something like this would be released. I know I did.

I was more interested in the thing in the back over his right shoulder. It looked like one of the RX drum machines.
Old 20th April 2017
  #223
Lives for gear
 
robinkle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake100 View Post
I think deep down you expected something like this would be released. I know I did.

I was more interested in the thing in the back over his right shoulder. It looked like one of the RX drum machines.
You're right, but I had my reasons to hope for something new and exciting. Yamaha recovered the yamahasynth.com site, they released the Montage with deep FM synthesis and very neat motion control synthesis, they made the reface series, with different type of sound engines.
And now they are back to the motif again. I mean, why stop? Why kill the rise of Yamaha with the dullest of all? Where is the FM synth with knobs per function? Where is the CS analog synth revival? Where is the reface all in one? MX88...
Old 20th April 2017
  #224
Gear Maniac
 

korg/arp ?
Old 20th April 2017
  #225
Lives for gear
What time is the public allowed in?
Old 20th April 2017
  #226
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornish1999 View Post
No ACB sampler again.... sob , still there's always 505 day to look forward to now
I think we all know it will be 808 day this year. 707 next year... i can't wait until 2025 for an ACB SH101!!!
Old 20th April 2017
  #227
Gear Nut
 
Gotcha's Avatar
 

Looks like it will be never.
Old 20th April 2017
  #228
Here for the gear

Last edited by carnivorouswinds; 20th April 2017 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: more
Old 20th April 2017
  #229
Lives for gear
 
Mushy Mushy's Avatar
 

I'm ashamed to say this but I may be getting too sensible for GS. Not one thing has made my lust list.
Old 20th April 2017
  #230
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinkle View Post
I believe Korg made the Montage for Yamaha
Makes sense, Korg does the synth gear and Yamaha does a token school/church keyboard. And Yammie makes far more money out of it...
Old 21st April 2017
  #231
Lives for gear
 
Eigenwert's Avatar
OK, now the one and only thing to do is to organize a flashmob.

BOO! BOO! NOTHING NEW!
BOO! BOO! NOTHING NEW!
WE THE PEOPLE WANT OUR ROLAND SAMPLER!
GEARSLUTZ PEOPLE WANT THEIR ROLAND SAMPLER!
Old 21st April 2017
  #232
Lives for gear
 
autoy's Avatar
It's weird no one seems to have seen Sputinik Modular around, promising to be one of the big highlights of SB17.
Old 21st April 2017
  #233
Gear Maniac
 
Climat's Avatar
I was quietly hoping for Nord Lead 5...
Old 21st April 2017
  #234
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climat View Post
I was quietly hoping for Nord Lead 5...
They just announced the Nord Stage 3. Seems a bit premature for a Lead 5, no?
Old 21st April 2017
  #235
Lives for gear
 
robinkle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveItAll View Post
Makes sense, Korg does the synth gear and Yamaha does a token school/church keyboard. And Yammie makes far more money out of it...
Exactly. Yamaha only makes the Copy/Paste products.
Old 21st April 2017
  #236
Here for the gear
 

Nothing else ?
Old 21st April 2017
  #237
Gear Addict
 

What's up with that 'digital / analog classic' Korg was teasing?

Would love some info on the new Digitana/FSOL gear as well. SX-1 and HALia.

Edit: Digitana, booth 0300
Old 21st April 2017
  #238
Gear Addict
 
Barilla's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyas View Post
What's up with that 'digital / analog classic' Korg was teasing?
Starting to think it's just the Odyssey and Odyssey iPad app, nothing new.
Old 21st April 2017
  #239
Old 21st April 2017
  #240
Lives for gear
 
Eigenwert's Avatar
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 
 
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump