The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Mini model D? A good idea?
Old 22nd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330128 View Post
Guilty.

It's not too bad really.

An entry level full time job with no experience can earn close to that figure in one week. The cost of living is close to NYC high but there is still a lot of nice places to live for reasonably low cost. The major cities will drain your money quite quickly.

I wouldn't move for cheaper gear that's for sure.

My apologies for derailing. Luv u all.
Damn bro, what industry are you in? Wages in hospo have been almost competely stgnant for the last 20 years.

sry, off topic. behringer yay.
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330128 View Post
Guilty.

It's not too bad really.

An entry level full time job with no experience can earn close to that figure in one week. The cost of living is close to NYC high but there is still a lot of nice places to live for reasonably low cost. The major cities will drain your money quite quickly.

I wouldn't move for cheaper gear that's for sure.

My apologies for derailing. Luv u all.
turnit up..!!

that's my take home fortnightly, what jobs are you talking about..?
Old 22nd March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
turnit up..!!

that's my take home fortnightly, what jobs are you talking about..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SetuT View Post
Damn bro, what industry are you in? Wages in hospo have been almost competely stgnant for the last 20 years.

sry, off topic. behringer yay.
Don't worry I'm in hospo too. I prefer lower hours, lower pay and keep my sanity. Though my pay was around 1450 when doing 50+ hours.

You can get into quite a few sales jobs with no exp. that will earn you close to that figure but it depends on your performance.

Same thing with construction, heavy hours and hard work but it is there.

I ain't no lawyer, just your typical failing muso.
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Guru

yeah failing muso here too but happy as, my kids and family mean everything to me. wages have stagnated terribly here it's a disgrace really, everything is going up regularly except our wages, eventually we will be forced to leave the city as we can't afford it and then centrelink will say why did you leave a place where there is work...go figure..
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Guru

Behringer Model D facebook page has achieved 12,000 likes!!!
Old 22nd March 2017
Here for the gear

I’ve been on GS for a while now and it’s clear to me that it doesn’t really matter what the truth is. Many on this site have decided to cast Uli as a villain and if the narrative doesn’t fit the desired storyline, then they just ignore it. It’s easier to believe the rumors compared to the facts. If Behringer hasn’t lost a lawsuit in over 20 years, it doesn’t matter, blame them anyway. Proceed to illegally defame the company, and when they object, blame them and say that they are restricting free speech --even if defamation is an exception to free speech.

Heroes and Villains create good drama. People want to cast the old established brands as heroes and Uli is once again the villain entering sacred ground. Here are the facts, it appears that people have been over paying for synths for years. Everyone clones. Companies use price to compete. No one can own a market forever and change is real. Competition benefits consumers and if you can’t change in business you will die. Uli is making people uncomfortable because he is challenging the status quo and he’s succeeding. There's nothing wrong with that.
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Maniac

Well, just in case Uli's team is compiling a spreadsheet on what people really want out of this Model D clone, (and they might be) I'll add what I would want in order for me to buy one. (Not counting an authentic sound of course...everyone wants that.)

Patch memory over anything. Even just 16 would be ample to get through a long gig. Any synth I buy has to be gig friendly, so that's a make/break feature for me. ( I did many, many gigs way back when with old analog synths that had no memory. I know the routine, but I certainly have no desire to repeat it these days.)

I don't need one for studio work. Monark or Diva will get me there if I need to lay down a Moog track.
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4musik View Post
I’ve been on GS for a while now and it’s clear to me that it doesn’t really matter what the truth is. Many on this site have decided to cast Uli as a villain and if the narrative doesn’t fit the desired storyline, then they just ignore it. It’s easier to believe the rumors compared to the facts. If Behringer hasn’t lost a lawsuit in over 20 years, it doesn’t matter, blame them anyway. Proceed to illegally defame the company, and when they object, blame them and say that they are restricting free speech --even if defamation is an exception to free speech.

Heroes and Villains create good drama. People want to cast the old established brands as heroes and Uli is once again the villain entering sacred ground. Here are the facts, it appears that people have been over paying for synths for years. Everyone clones. Companies use price to compete. No one can own a market forever and change is real. Competition benefits consumers and if you can’t change in business you will die. Uli is making people uncomfortable because he is challenging the status quo and he’s succeeding. There's nothing wrong with that.
Now ain't that the truth..

amen..
Old 22nd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
yeah failing muso here too but happy as, my kids and family mean everything to me. wages have stagnated terribly here it's a disgrace really, everything is going up regularly except our wages, eventually we will be forced to leave the city as we can't afford it and then centrelink will say why did you leave a place where there is work...go figure..
true, it's a ****en disgrace bro, shameful. work like a dog, and still struggle to make ends meet. i shudder to think how it might be when the kids are grown.

recently moved back to samoa, stuff's even worse here. people all over the world are really struggling, it's gonna get worse before it gets better imo.

i do find there is a quiet dignity in failure however
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Guru

yeah there's less to stress out about when you realise you're out of the carrot chase, my kids will get everything of mine including my super so at least they get a head start, it's going to be seriously tough for them though.
Old 22nd March 2017
Lives for gear

yeah, god knows how the next 30 years are gonna go. poor little buggers.
Old 22nd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetuT View Post
yeah, god knows how the next 30 years are gonna go. poor little buggers.
Old 22nd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knoch View Post
I would agree. Moog will probably never go poly again. Maybe this could be the beginning of plans for an updated poly Moog; say, with 8 or more voices. That would be a wall shaker.
and a bank breaker
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt View Post
Make it your own synth that sounds like the original, not a cheap copy for the poor.
That's offensive. Some of us will never be able to afford a real Minimoog. Wtf do you care if poor people are allowed to have something similar to the original? I doubt this will cut into Moog's market, so why not make it available. It's not like it would be the only electronic clone out there. If they're going to make it sound like the original, what's wrong with using some of the same cosmetics?
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnector View Post
Well, just in case Uli's team is compiling a spreadsheet on what people really want out of this Model D clone, (and they might be) I'll add what I would want in order for me to buy one. (Not counting an authentic sound of course...everyone wants that.)

Patch memory over anything. Even just 16 would be ample to get through a long gig. Any synth I buy has to be gig friendly, so that's a make/break feature for me. ( I did many, many gigs way back when with old analog synths that had no memory. I know the routine, but I certainly have no desire to repeat it these days.)

I don't need one for studio work. Monark or Diva will get me there if I need to lay down a Moog track.
Patch memory a must for me even in studio...Sound then patch memory then...........
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Maniac

Thank you for the great feedback and interest in the "Model D" synth project.

We have learned a lot from you and gathered valuable input for desirable features, for example more patch points. Because of your feedback, we have now included them.

We even find the criticism helpful as it creates tremendous amount of awareness around this topic.

We asked people on our Behringer Facebook page how they feel about a "Model D" synth. In return we received 12,000 likes which is unprecedented in the history of our company.

Obviously the "Model D" is now a clear go and we hope to demonstrate the first working prototype in a few weeks from now.

We always believe in making good equipment available for everyone and that's what we stand for.

Uli
Old 22nd March 2017
Lives for gear

This is excellent news Uli... )
Old 22nd March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post

We have learned a lot from you and gathered valuable input for desirable features, for example more patch points. Because of your feedback, we have now included them.

We even find the criticism helpful as it creates tremendous amount of awareness around this topic.

We asked people on our Behringer Facebook page how they feel about a "Model D" synth. In return we received 12,000 likes which is unprecedented in the history of our company.

Obviously the "Model D" is now a clear go and we hope to demonstrate the first working prototype in a few weeks from now.

We always believe in making good equipment available for everyone and that's what we stand for.

Uli
Can you share any additional info regarding what has changed in the design/features since the initial renderings?
Old 22nd March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:

Uli
This is great news. More patch points is a great move. Eurorack guys will be happy too. This is obviously not 1:1 clone so hopefully people who were negative about this project will now see things differently. Good job
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Head

Quote:

Uli
My like and probably many others on that page was not for the Minimoog but for bringing back synth jewels.
More patch points is a good decision anyway.
Old 22nd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Uli
Good news.
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
$800
No 14 bit midi for everything and i'll pass... :p good for the wallet
Old 22nd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowtrain View Post
That's offensive. Some of us will never be able to afford a real Minimoog. Wtf do you care if poor people are allowed to have something similar to the original?
Read that post again and you will see that i suggested many additional features for 100$ to 200$ more than the targetted retail 400$.
Is 400$ really the maximum price you can pay for a new synth ???

Quote:
I doubt this will cut into Moog's market, so why not make it available.
And i don't really care if Moog goes under because of this.
I don't like their usual "+1000$ for the name" pricing strategy.
The reissue should be at most 2500$, not 3500$.

Quote:
It's not like it would be the only electronic clone out there.
I am just not impressed by a 1 to 1 copy.
A team of 400(?) engineers, a team who made a fantastic synth DM12 surely is... Can't they do way way way better than that ?
Just compare a Juno to DM12 and then a Minimoog to this Minibehringer.
Nothing strange ?
Oh i know !
I think 399 of those engineers went on holidays and the 1 left is the one who spent 1 day on this cloning project.
Good job man !

Quote:
If they're going to make it sound like the original, what's wrong with using some of the same cosmetics?
Poor taste, laziness...
Old 22nd March 2017
Lives for gear

make it a Model E

looking forward to finding out how good it'll sound.
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Guru

the sound, we want to hear the sound, I'm going to love hearing it sound as good as the real thing..
Old 22nd March 2017
Lives for gear

I have no doubt it will be in the same ball park..... Super excited.....
Old 22nd March 2017
Lives for gear

There's gonna be a ****storm one way or the other that's for sure, haters gonna hate if it's the same and if it's not then we know what to expect about bla this and bla that. I see few reasons why this won't sound very similar in basic mode especially when you look at SW emulations such as Monark, the thing is that it's going to do a whole lot more than sound similar due to its extras and that's a much better thing IMO.

Bring on the patching
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Guru

As long as we can overdrive that VCA and filter it should get seriously close..
Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

I'm sure it was there on the render
Old 23rd March 2017
Gear Addict
So all the rant(mine included) about not enough patch points has been addressed ...still puzzled a bit how this thread kind of helped built the better synth. Amazing times
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search