The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL
View Poll Results: Vote for the synths you want Behringer to make
SH 101
64 Votes - 18.50%
SH 202
8 Votes - 2.31%
TB 303
23 Votes - 6.65%
Jupiter 8
107 Votes - 30.92%
Jupiter 6
21 Votes - 6.07%
Jupiter 4
36 Votes - 10.40%
OB-X
52 Votes - 15.03%
OB-XA
98 Votes - 28.32%
VCS-3
51 Votes - 14.74%
Synthi A
48 Votes - 13.87%
Polykobol
41 Votes - 11.85%
Polivoks
18 Votes - 5.20%
Mini korg 700s
17 Votes - 4.91%
Oberheim 4 voice
30 Votes - 8.67%
CS-80
100 Votes - 28.90%
PPG wave
56 Votes - 16.18%
Memory Moog
51 Votes - 14.74%
Prophet 5
50 Votes - 14.45%
Buchla easel
32 Votes - 9.25%
Voyetra 8
24 Votes - 6.94%
VP-330
25 Votes - 7.23%
Arp Quadra
29 Votes - 8.38%
Arp Chroma
22 Votes - 6.36%
Arp 2600
114 Votes - 32.95%
Arp sequencer
9 Votes - 2.60%
Synclavier
21 Votes - 6.07%
Wasp
25 Votes - 7.23%
SH1
7 Votes - 2.02%
SH7
16 Votes - 4.62%
SH5
32 Votes - 9.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24th February 2017
Gear Maniac

What synths should Behringer make next? POLL

After the surprising feature-price ratio of the DeepMind 12, what should Behringer be developing next in their new synth line?

To kick things off, how about:

12 voices,

12x VCOs architecture based on a CEM3340 design,

12x VCFs - multimode implementation based on a CEM3320 design (e.g. Synthex, or Doepfer A-121),

3x digital LFOs per voice with multiple waveforms and S&H options,

3x digital ADSR per voice with the curve-response options from the DM12,

Matrix modulation routings with 8 mod busses,

61-note semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch and velocity,

analogue chorus (based on Juno design),

analogue distortion / drive,

double-depth metal chassis with space for separate controls for all primary ADSR, LFO, and VCO/VCF/VCA parameters,

high-quality pots (for most parameters) and sliders (for ADSRs),

simple LCD/OLED display for mod matrix and secondary parameters via data entry knob (as per DM12),

full multi-timbral voice allocation possible over MIDI (or CV for Voice 1),

local dual/split keyboard bi-timbral options,

individual voice outputs (via break-out cable and/or USB if necessary),

design and colour scheme 'inspired' by Jupiter-8
Old 24th February 2017
Lives for gear

Someone needs to make a 12 voice synth with analog filters.

Plus each voice can load user samples, 2 analog oscillators, 2 digital oscillators including 7 op FM.

FM and samples through analog filters is what the market is missing. But be sure to keep the analog oscillators as well.
Old 25th February 2017
Gear Addict

something spec-wise better than an andromeda
its been almost two decades since someones raised the bar spec-wise
Old 25th February 2017
Gear Addict

I played the DM recently and wasn't particularly impressed with its core sound. I turned off all effects and just tried the saw oscillator. It could have been the speaker it was demoed through though.

It didn't sound bad at all, just not powerful, but I'd like a synth that has minimal effects and puts all its efforts into raw tone.

It would be cool to have Behringer recreate a JP8 next. I'm sure people would pay a lot more!
Old 25th February 2017
Gear Maniac
A CS-80 clone.. because I'm fed up of waiting for Yamaha to do it
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

The Deeper Mind 24, featuring 24 analog voices, but you'll have to stack at least 4 voices together at time for it to sound decent, ultimately giving you only 8 voices, which will be slathered in layers of effects.
Old 25th February 2017
Gear Head

cs80 / jupiter 8

close thread
Old 25th February 2017
Gear Maniac
Octatrack clone with epic midi sequencing and sampling capabilities. Okay, it's not a synth but anyway.
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

Something foooking original ! Please for the love of synthesis. PLEASE!!!!!!

Not a bloody cs80 or Jupiter clone () or some other **** that harks back to a time that happened 3 decades ago

FFS
Old 25th February 2017
Gear Addict
Something that sounds stellar.
Perhaps a tetra like instrument, 6 voice poly with the ethos of the shear relic for circa £500.
Or a rompler for similar money that can challenge the integra 7.
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

I want to see a modern take on the PPG Wave. Digital wavetable oscillators with variable bit depth, complete with all of the crunch of the original PPG oscillators, through big beefy analog filters and VCA's, all under the control of a vast modulation matrix and step sequencers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandar View Post
something spec-wise better than an andromeda
its been almost two decades since someones raised the bar spec-wise
This would also be welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiller View Post
Or a rompler for similar money that can challenge the integra 7.
I'm not sure if a ROMpler would be the best use of all of the analog knowhow that they've recently acquired. How about a sampler with analog filters instead?

Incidentally, Uli Behringer recently had an interview where he mentions Gearslutz by name and said that he welcomed our suggestions, so this thread seems appropriately timed.

Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear
Realistically? A new drum machine. They could make a killer Mono synth. The DM module with CV. A sequencer. A 73 waterfall key Deepmind 24 with added features and a few acoustic tones, like piano, rhodes, clavs, wurlitzers, DX's, melltrons, hammonds, brass, vocoder, an onboard looper, and drums. Charge $1499.
Old 25th February 2017
Gear Maniac

A dedicated FM synth with an easy to use interface.
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

A 2VCO, 8 voice poly. NO FX, 2LFO, 2 ADSR, 5 octv kb. $799. Roll credits.
Old 25th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
Something foooking original ! Please for the love of synthesis. PLEASE!!!!!!

Not a bloody cs80 or Jupiter clone () or some other **** that harks back to a time that happened 3 decades ago

FFS
lol I get what you mean but to be honest its not as if the DM is really a 106

I wouldnt mind another vintage style synth if it wasnt a 1:1 clone
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

String machine. Don't waste money/resources on a screen or presets or fancy effects (ensemble effect ok). Just a basic throwback analog string machine.
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRAZZ View Post
Realistically? A new drum machine. They could make a killer Mono synth. The DM module with CV. A sequencer. A 73 waterfall key Deepmind 24 with added features and a few acoustic tones, like piano, rhodes, clavs, wurlitzers, DX's, melltrons, hammonds, brass, vocoder, an onboard looper, and drums. Charge $1499.
Saw the video of Uli Behringer above. What a great guy!!! He presents as a passionate, excited, and confident person but yet kind, humble, and grateful. If this is who he really is then his is an honest and kind guy and I really like that quality in our company leaders.
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

Whatever comes next is going to be much cheaper and more stripped down.
I hope they continue to add features and address bugs with the DM12 too.

After that, I like the idea of something that matches the feature set of the Andromeda.
It wouldn't have to have more voices - 6/bi-timbral (for splits/layers) with audio input works for me.
I've brought up several times that a Monodromeda would be cool too.

They'd probably be the right company to come up with a knobby controller board that
features polyphonic aftertouch and release velocity too.

My imagination doesn't run much deeper than that - I'll leave it to you guys
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

Old 25th February 2017
A sampler/controller. Octatrack ++ or an analog drum machine.
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

I've mentioned something similar before in the DM12 thread, still think it's worth looking into: we're kind of swamped with monosynths however if you want classic Moog/Arp/Oberheim lead and bass territory in a convenient performance and road ready package I can't think of an option, unless you start looking into bigger and polyphonic synths.

Something that's light, compact (still 3 octaves fullsize keys), yet rugged, can cover Mini, Ody, and Two Voice, easy access effects, hands-on interface, and all the right tools for live play.
Old 25th February 2017
Gear Guru

I'd like to see a really bad ass mono synth modeled on the SH 101 with connect ability for modular gear.. prior to this I'd like to see that Jomox/Behringer drum machine with mini patch bay that takes it into semi modular territory..
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

Direct competition to the MPC Live.

No scratch that, would be *much* better for Yamaha or Roland or NI to do that.
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

Heh i was going to write the features i would want in their new "flagship" synth, but then i caught myself writing a list of features already found on Futuresonus Parva.

OK, then a microsynth:
1 voice, 3 VCOs (1 of them can act as a LFO), 2 digital LFOs, 2 digital envelopes taken from DM12, 12/24dB low pass, Volca sized desktop module only with SlimPhatty style many buttons plus 1 knob and 1 numerical display UI (and a fully featured and knobbed software/VST editor), 150$ - basically a Minimoog killer.
Old 25th February 2017
Gear Maniac
Four octave knobby FM synth with a couple of effects slots. Basically the reface DX but with hands on controls, keep it simple just to digital FM to keep the price down.
Old 25th February 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt View Post
Heh i was going to write the features i would want in their new "flagship" synth, but then i caught myself writing a list of features already found on Futuresonus Parva.

OK, then a microsynth:
1 voice, 3 VCOs (1 of them can act as a LFO), 2 digital LFOs, 2 digital envelopes taken from DM12, 12/24dB low pass, Volca sized desktop module only with SlimPhatty style many buttons plus 1 knob and 1 numerical display UI (and a fully featured and knobbed software/VST editor), 150$ - basically a Minimoog killer.
The slim phatty has just one downfall...combining the cutoff res and overdrive into one knob ...best not repeated.
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

Something of their own, not based on other synths.

I think there is a big gap in the market for a cheaper mellow, atmospheric smooth synth with a creamy/softer filter

Everything seems to be spiky, harsh and abrasive these days. I would love a stack-able, split/layered mellow analogue beast.
Old 25th February 2017
Gear Addict

a no compromise 8-12 voice vco poly

a hybrid with analog filters and sample based oscs (possibility to load my own 8/12bit samples)

a string/organ/choir synth with vocoder
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

Digital additive oscillators (64/128 partials), loopable envelopes, ability to offset frequencies,
ability to load and FM user samples with the additives, and multi-timbral with analog filters.

A modern, very updated version of the Kawai K3/K5K.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search