The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL
View Poll Results: Vote for the synths you want Behringer to make
SH 101
64 Votes - 19.22%
SH 202
8 Votes - 2.40%
TB 303
23 Votes - 6.91%
Jupiter 8
106 Votes - 31.83%
Jupiter 6
21 Votes - 6.31%
Jupiter 4
36 Votes - 10.81%
OB-X
52 Votes - 15.62%
OB-XA
96 Votes - 28.83%
VCS-3
48 Votes - 14.41%
Synthi A
46 Votes - 13.81%
Polykobol
41 Votes - 12.31%
Polivoks
17 Votes - 5.11%
Mini korg 700s
16 Votes - 4.80%
Oberheim 4 voice
30 Votes - 9.01%
CS-80
99 Votes - 29.73%
PPG wave
56 Votes - 16.82%
Memory Moog
49 Votes - 14.71%
Prophet 5
50 Votes - 15.02%
Buchla easel
31 Votes - 9.31%
Voyetra 8
24 Votes - 7.21%
VP-330
24 Votes - 7.21%
Arp Quadra
29 Votes - 8.71%
Arp Chroma
22 Votes - 6.61%
Arp 2600
104 Votes - 31.23%
Arp sequencer
9 Votes - 2.70%
Synclavier
21 Votes - 6.31%
Wasp
25 Votes - 7.51%
SH1
7 Votes - 2.10%
SH7
16 Votes - 4.80%
SH5
32 Votes - 9.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Betamax View Post
Coming soon doesn't cut it for me, or pre-order either.
When I ordered a Sledge 2 from them I waited almost 5 months!
try long & mcquade?
Old 10th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licudi View Post
Well, it seems to be a full-time occupation.
Come on man he has fell in love with it, yes he's enthusiastic but that's him and he was the same with his tr8 if I remember right and most other gear he's had. If I remember right he turned about ten tracks in no time with the Roland...

He also turns out loads of trax with everything he bangs on about so there is that side which is admirable to say the least.

Give him a break

Besides, you do your fair share of dreadbox lovin and promo dontcha
Old 10th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
Come on man he has fell in love with it, yes he's enthusiastic but that's him and he was the same with his tr8 if I remember right and most other gear he's had. If I remember right he turned about ten tracks in no time with the Roland...

He also turns out loads of trax with everything he bangs on about so there is that side which is admirable to say the least.

Give him a break

Besides, you do your fair share of dreadbox lovin and promo dontcha
I didn't realise this was a regular thing. Fiddle, I apologise.

Still waiting for my payment from Dreadbox...`
Old 10th March 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckadecimal View Post
Pro-2
I do like the Pro 2 but it's not polyphonic. I don't really need any more mono synths, as nice as the Pro 2 is.
Old 10th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

haven't they paid you yet? Buggers
Old 11th March 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
Agree about the multi-mode filters (even my BassStation 2 has 3x filter modes plus a 'classic' 303-style filter circuit!) and I would have sold my silver to get a DSI OB if it had 12 voices (6 is really stingy) and polyphonic, multiple LFOs for the same price. They are digital anyway, so never understood why they only had one!
The Bass Station 2 is a lot of fun and the multimode filters are fantastic. One of my close friends has one, so I've played with it a bit. Sounds really good! Ah, now you're making me want to buy one... ARGS! ;-)

Actually come to think of it, for $100 it's a way better buy than the Monologue, in my humble opinion.
Old 11th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matya View Post
Like the fact that Deep Mind costs 250$ in parts at most? Or that chinese workers work 18 hour shifts on daily basis and commit suicides by jumping out the windows? Or that Moog changed the music history and had to actually design and invent those? Dear friend i worked for one of leading instrument manufacturers, and i know how things get done. I just think you are excited that you can get your hands on analog synth cheaply like most of the others, and not interested in facts.
Have you seen Behringers facility? Research it. The people there hardly look like they are about to end it all. Not all chinese factory workers and exploited the way say iphone workers are. Like i said do some research. As far as being excited for a cheap moog. Well sure. I can afford a real one but im just not a massive minimoog guy. Bass mostly, so if uli can create a faithful sound sure ill grab one. Why not?
Old 11th March 2017
Lives for gear
There are no workers. Only robots.
Old 11th March 2017
It's saturday and i'm supposed to make some music right now.
Instead I find myself watching Simpsons and refreshing GS every 30 seconds to read another post in one of those behringer threads.
It literally robbed me 50% of my weekend synth time already.
HALP PLX!
Old 11th March 2017
Gear Head

Since Behringer aims to bring synths for an average wallet, here are my suggestions:

1. Prove (and I don't doubt you can) that a digital Mellotron-like keyboard doesn't need to cost 2000 euros.
2. Prove that Hammond clones also don't need to cost 2000 euros (I also have no doubt that you can)
3. Bring back vintage synths that are unique, awesome and rare, like Synton Synrix or Octave Cat (and modern Korg Odyssey will again get a competitor, haha).
4. Design an open architecture analog monosynth with a breakout modular box via DB25 connector, swapable filter circuits, optional keyboard, so it is quite customizeable, but comes ready to go in a basic configuration.
Old 11th March 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Just so it goes down on the record a keyboard sampler in the same mold as the Deepmind would be incredible, there are so few keyboard samplers ever released and none of late really..nice 3 or 4 octave keyboard with a large sampling time, you need to at least be able to sample 16bit 44.1khz for 1 minute minimum..memory is cheap enough now surely where we can have this, install a nice 500gig HD to keep all your samples on and make sure it has nice vca's and filters, it doesn't even need effects, just make sure the sampling time is good, minute min, and good sounding filters and vca, easy menu matrix like the deepmind, in fact you could almost just copy it into the sampler it's so good it needs nothing extra...perhaps instead of any effects implement a sequencer.

Deepmind sample
Ship it with a small hard drive to keep the buy-in low, but make it upgradable by the user.
Old 11th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavoyager View Post
Since Behringer aims to bring synths for an average wallet, here are my suggestions:

1. Prove (and I don't doubt you can) that a digital Mellotron-like keyboard doesn't need to cost 2000 euros.
2. Prove that Hammond clones also don't need to cost 2000 euros (I also have no doubt that you can)
3. Bring back vintage synths that are unique, awesome and rare, like Synton Synrix or Octave Cat (and modern Korg Odyssey will again get a competitor, haha).
4. Design an open architecture analog monosynth with a breakout modular box via DB25 connector, swapable filter circuits, optional keyboard, so it is quite customizeable, but comes ready to go in a basic configuration.
Get a Crumar Mojo 61 for your Hammond clone. Done. I don't know what it costs in EU but it was $1200 USD on sale.

You can also get an original Korg CX3 for cheap. Sounds great. Analog. Not exactly a clone wheel but a great beefy organ.
Old 11th March 2017
Here for the gear

A DX7??!! Seriously??!! We've had digital synths constantly for 35 years. Why the hell would you want more? They are plentiful and a lot of them are cheap second hand. The CEM3360 oscillator IC is back in production. Start there. MemoryMoog or an OB. Hell, maybe convince Curtis to start making more of the CEM line.
Old 11th March 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post
Get a Crumar Mojo 61 for your Hammond clone. Done. I don't know what it costs in EU but it was $1200 USD on sale.

You can also get an original Korg CX3 for cheap. Sounds great. Analog. Not exactly a clone wheel but a great beefy organ.
I bet Behringer can make a digital Hammond clone for sub $500.
Old 11th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavoyager View Post
I bet Behringer can make a digital Hammond clone for sub $500.
It might be a lot harder than copying synth schematics because of the intense software modeling. Crumar Mojo runs the VB3 software plugin model

What would REALLY be cool is if he did a real combo organ in a desktop box. Just copy farfisa or vox schematics.

Some people trying to do this on the combo organ forum a few years ago. It never happened.
Old 11th March 2017
Lives for gear

Yes, light years overdue now, just like multi-synths, and stringers that use organ technology, like the Quadra.

With ever more absurdity, there hasn't been a single instrument like this since 1983 - which, coincidentally, was the year of the DX7.
Old 11th March 2017
Lives for gear

@Uli Behringer, if you are still reading this thread, please release a Behringer 200 series modular system:

I've long wanted a Buchla system to sit next to my Serge Modular, but I can't bring myself to give any money to the sh*tstains who are currently in charge of that company after the way that they defrauded Don Buchla, who at the time was a septuagenarian cancer patient.
Old 11th March 2017
Gear Nut

quadra!
Old 11th March 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:

ok sorry didn't see this till later, jamie is 100% right, carried away and obsessive with new gear, I usually hammer it to death and move onto something else, but this synth is so Deep it warrants a lot of love..
Old 12th March 2017
Folks, let's stay on topic pls and use the report tool instead of endless bickering.

Thanks
Old 12th March 2017
Gear Maniac

It is disappointing to see people posting false and highly inflammatory statements about our workers and our company.

Look guys you can criticize me or our company - that’s all fine and I have no problem with it. But making false or defamatory statements is just not cool - especially when it is about our people.

Only recently did we have to take action against a competitor which is truly unfortunate. If needed we will take a stand and protect our people and the company.

We celebrate a culture of mutual respect and we are especially proud of our workers whom we consider most important.
These people are the hardest working and most critical as they touch our customers. In fact they are much more important than me or our management.

Our culture is the one of openness and transparency and we welcome you to visit our factory and all our global offices. We are very proud to show you around.

I currently reside in the factory in China and if you are interested, please send me a PM and we will accommodate you to meet our people and see the facilities.

Or simply have a look here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyMUSICTribe

I understand that this is a competitive market and we’re all passionate.
But let’s try to engage with each other in a respectful and courteous manner. This is certainly more enjoyable.

Thanks

Uli

Last edited by Uli Behringer; 12th March 2017 at 03:17 AM..
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
It is disappointing to see people posting false and highly inflammatory statements about our workers.

Look guys you can criticize me or our company - that’s all fine and I have no problem with it. But spreading false or defamatory statements is just not cool - especially when it is about our people.

Only recently did we have to take action against a competitor which is truly unfortunate.

We celebrate a culture of mutual respect and we are especially proud of our workers whom we consider most important. These people are the hardest working and most critical. In fact they are much more important than me or our management.

Our culture is the one of openness and transparency and we welcome you to visit our factory and all our global offices anytime you want as we are very proud to show you around.

I currently reside in the factory in China and if you are interested please send me a PM and we will accommodate you to meet our people and see the facilities.

Or simply have a look here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyMUSICTribe

I understand that this is a competitive market and we’re all passionate.
But let’s try to engage each other in a respectful and courteous manner.

Thanks

Uli
This is the unfortunate crap you will deal with being on a forum as I am sure you are aware due to the time you spend on them, it is disappointing especially as the more mature want and desire more owners/manufacturers like yourself to take part but it's this type of childish behaviour that will stifle it beyond belief. Most people just talk about what they have read somewhere and treat it as modern day fact - weird.

Your presence here is welcomed by most of us Uli
Old 12th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild View Post
@Uli Behringer, if you are still reading this thread, please release a Behringer 200 series modular system:

I've long wanted a Buchla system to sit next to my Serge Modular, but I can't bring myself to give any money to the sh*tstains who are currently in charge of that company after the way that they defrauded Don Buchla, who at the time was a septuagenarian cancer patient.
The worst kind of people. Their actions will catch up with them though. ACCC is aware of them for other shady practices.
Old 12th March 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330128 View Post
The worst kind of people. Their actions will catch up with them though. ACCC is aware of them for other shady practices.
and people still want to throw 6k at them for an easel, the mind boggles..
Old 12th March 2017
Gear Nut

Hi Uli, I'm looking for your classic 'big' analog poly-synths...with modern dress. I could probably use two or three in my setup. I'm drawn to the sound of the Jupiter-8, CS-80, Rhodes/ARP Chroma, OB-Xa and Synthex. I'm not sure what you guys are cooking up but any of these would be great! **there's a DIY effort for the CS-80 that looks good so I'll probably make one of these**

I also have room for one sampler and one digital synth. For those I'm interested in E-mu samplers, DX7 or JD-800 offshoots.

I'm not sure if you guys are getting into filter-boxes but I love-love-love the Sherman Filterbank! It's on my radar but if this is an avenue you guys are pursuing then I'd be very interested!
Old 12th March 2017
Here for the gear

ARP Quadra.. 2600.. Elka Synthex
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
and people still want to throw 6k at them for an easel, the mind boggles..
I would buy the hell out of a Behringer Music Easel, if for no other reason than to send a big FU to the current owners of BEMI.
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Uli, dude, such patience!

Seriously, UB1 please! But 21st century stuff. 2 parts digital, 2 parts analog.
The digi parts could focus on e-piano, organ, strings, clav, marimba, vibes, celesta.
One 6 voice dco poly part, one 2 vco mono part. Some fx, note and motion seq, arps,
6 octave kb and rack. Lots of IO.

When i first heard about your UB1, i thought about ARP Quadra, but for a bar band.
JDXA sort of did it as well, but i just didnt gel with the visual and tactile design. Sounded decent, but the case, knobs, did not make me want to dig into it. But something Not "Crossover" synthesis. Have the parts be discrete parts, that meet at the mixer stage.
Great for a band kb player that needs it all, real analog, sampling and modeling.
Put your name on it, and then, let 'em have it!
Old 12th March 2017
Gear Head

I wrote earlier in this thread, but this video speaks for The Cat! Behringer should definitely put this synth on the top of their re-make list, including the rare expander box.

Old 12th March 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild View Post
I would buy the hell out of a Behringer Music Easel, if for no other reason than to send a big FU to the current owners of BEMI.
I must admit of all the modular stuff outside of euro that really interests me it's the Buchla stuff, and knowing what it costs I admit it's pure fantasy to even speculate owning any, so yeah if Behringer wanted to do their take on a music easel I'd be like..

Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search