The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL
View Poll Results: Vote for the synths you want Behringer to make
SH 101
64 Votes - 18.50%
SH 202
8 Votes - 2.31%
TB 303
23 Votes - 6.65%
Jupiter 8
107 Votes - 30.92%
Jupiter 6
21 Votes - 6.07%
Jupiter 4
36 Votes - 10.40%
OB-X
52 Votes - 15.03%
OB-XA
98 Votes - 28.32%
VCS-3
51 Votes - 14.74%
Synthi A
48 Votes - 13.87%
Polykobol
41 Votes - 11.85%
Polivoks
18 Votes - 5.20%
Mini korg 700s
17 Votes - 4.91%
Oberheim 4 voice
30 Votes - 8.67%
CS-80
100 Votes - 28.90%
PPG wave
56 Votes - 16.18%
Memory Moog
51 Votes - 14.74%
Prophet 5
50 Votes - 14.45%
Buchla easel
32 Votes - 9.25%
Voyetra 8
24 Votes - 6.94%
VP-330
25 Votes - 7.23%
Arp Quadra
29 Votes - 8.38%
Arp Chroma
22 Votes - 6.36%
Arp 2600
114 Votes - 32.95%
Arp sequencer
9 Votes - 2.60%
Synclavier
21 Votes - 6.07%
Wasp
25 Votes - 7.23%
SH1
7 Votes - 2.02%
SH7
16 Votes - 4.62%
SH5
32 Votes - 9.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th March 2017
Lives for gear
I want an analog drum machine cheaper than the drum brute but better than the rhythm wolf or pocket operators and Volcas. I would love to have an acidlab Miami or Detroit, MFB Tanzibar or Tanzmaus, Elektron Analog RYTM, or the Jomox drum modules, but are just on the edge of out of my price range when used. I imagine those would still sound better/more original/more authentic than a Behringer offering, but after the disappointing Rhythm Wolf, I wouldn't mind Akai getting it stuck straight to them on how to make a decent drum synth that doesn't require multiple outboard FX to sound acceptable...
Old 7th March 2017
Gear Addict

Don't kow if needed parts are still available, but for reissues:

- 8-voice jupiter 4 with second osc, sync, xmod etc, second filter, 3 or more LFOs and envelopes (loopable), a good sequencer, analog BBD effects, a huge mod matrix, BIG screen with 6 or more programmable knobs.

- Arp 2600. Not sure it needs much extras.

- MPC 4000 with modern filing system, bigger screen, more soft knobs, fx per part.

- A super tactile Fizmo with morphing filters, samples and realtime timestretching.

+1000 for the andromeda killer. Something new in a big package with lots of unusual features and its own personality would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalimo View Post
Great guy, I just don't know if this is the right direction. Uli instead of pumping out a whole bunch of keyboards with a gazilian features please concentrate on what really matter...the raw sound.
I thought that was the whole point with the DM12. To not have to choose either raw good sound OR modern features. We've had the option to choose between those for a long time. Why cling to that limit?
Old 7th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosacosta View Post
Let us all remember, Uli, MUSIC GROUP, MOOG or any company or particular person are not the true culprits here. It is Money that is to blame. If we are going to talk about ethics, fairness and justice, We are All getting shafted. The fact that we have to clean someones toilet to be able to eat, to live, therefore make Music, is the true crime. Money is just a substitute word for Control. Uli is just tearing down the wall that covers the truth. We are cannon fodder for the .01% that have the control. He is just un-apologetic about it. And i for one, can relate to saying the truth, only to be lashed upon by some who can't imagine a world of True equality. Anyway, we are talking about synths here, not social order. "Remember, remember; the 5th of November..."
I'm with you on money being the root of all evil and a way for the elite to control the masses my friend.

Free your mind.
Old 7th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
What synths should Behringer make next?
Jupiter 8... Game over...
Old 7th March 2017
Lives for gear

i think behringer should make a Synthi-A next, one that costs £600, not 6K and you don't have to be on a 100 year waiting list for it.
Old 7th March 2017
Lives for gear

I'd absolutely love for a company to make something like the synthi AKS but for the modern age, still use pins for mod slots/or the matrix brute pad style and still have some really wacky stuff happening, use an old design but make it bat**** mental for this century!

In a case, self powered, small market I expect but who knows...... Quirky gear is fun, always was and always will be.
Old 8th March 2017
Matrix Modulator

An additive synth with 64 motorized faders could be rather amazing.
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear
Ondes Martenot for £500 please!!
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear

Roland GAIA clone for $1000

Old 8th March 2017
Gear Guru

After the Moog style synth I would really like to see the drum machine be the next thing they drop, there will be a huge influx of interest from everyone once this comes out, it will be a totally different vibe once people get wind of what it is, once the deepmind and drum machine are out and in producers hands people are going to realise Behringer aren't messing around. After that it's all cream..
Old 8th March 2017
Search of moogaudio.com in Canada for the word "deep"
Nothing to be found.
MOOG AUDIO - Canada's Best Online Music Store

As GS is a place for unfounded speculation, maybe they are not planning to release the DM12 in Canada?
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
After the Moog style synth I would really like to see the drum machine be the next thing they drop, there will be a huge influx of interest from everyone once this comes out, it will be a totally different vibe once people get wind of what it is, once the deepmind and drum machine are out and in producers hands people are going to realise Behringer aren't messing around. After that it's all cream..
Yeah copy the Linn Drum and call the Binn Drum
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXUS-6 View Post
Jupiter 8... Game over...

Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear

Jupiter16
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear

But seriously,
I think they should just take a hot minute, and concentrate on the Line, Identity, Scope of making a cohesive line. For exp. Aira has sold well, Helped by that Fecking Green

Also, this separates them from the "re-issue" issue. Ha!
Old 8th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Noone has mentioned it yet I think, so: how about a Korg PS 3200/3300 remake?
Old 9th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
Oooooh there's a synth
Old 9th March 2017
Gear Nut

There's some good ideas in here!

If Uli is reading the posts, here's what I've been waiting a long time for.

Analog synth with 3 VCO's with waveshaping on each oscillator, xmod, sync, etc. 8-12 voices. 3-4 LFO's with a modulation matrix / lots of modulation possibilities. All LFO's go into audio rates. 3-4 envelope generators that are assignable.

Here's the big selling point for me: A multi-mode filter, or lots of filter options like a Matrix 12. For the love of God, please put in a multi-mode filter!! I'll give you my cash immediately.

Full size keys would be lovely. You can add effects or leave them out, I don't care. I don't need a fancy digital interface, etc. Just knobs and keys! A price tag somewhere around 2k.

The DSI products come somewhat close but they don't have multi-mode filters outside of the ob6, which has one LFO and is pretty expensive. They could have slapped some more LFO's in that thing. I'm also on the fence about how it sounds for the money. The DSI Rev 2 looks great, but no multimode filter which seems like a glaring oversight. The Prophet 6 is nice, but the HPF response to external modulation is totally wrong. The HPF also doesn't sound great.The p6 is nice but again seems over priced for what you get.

If anyone thinks I should get an A6: I did own an Andromeda at one point but had so many problems with them, that I returned it. I went through 3 of them, all had bad voices. ( Long story )

So I guess we're looking at a modern Jupiter 6 or a Matrix 12 type synth.

Did I mention multi-mode filters?! ;-)
Old 9th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
I mentioned this in one of the many Behringer threads. The ultimate, nothing has ever come close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330128 View Post
Why not clone something that hasn't been reissued? Like the Korg PS series for example. That would be doing something impressive especially if they could pull it off for under 2k.

Last edited by 330128; 9th March 2017 at 01:55 AM.. Reason: quote
Old 9th March 2017
Gear Guru

Just so it goes down on the record a keyboard sampler in the same mold as the Deepmind would be incredible, there are so few keyboard samplers ever released and none of late really..nice 3 or 4 octave keyboard with a large sampling time, you need to at least be able to sample 16bit 44.1khz for 1 minute minimum..memory is cheap enough now surely where we can have this, install a nice 500gig HD to keep all your samples on and make sure it has nice vca's and filters, it doesn't even need effects, just make sure the sampling time is good, minute min, and good sounding filters and vca, easy menu matrix like the deepmind, in fact you could almost just copy it into the sampler it's so good it needs nothing extra...perhaps instead of any effects implement a sequencer.

Deepmind sample
Old 9th March 2017
Quote:
Just so it goes down on the record a keyboard sampler in the same mold as the Deepmind would be incredible, there are so few keyboard samplers ever released and none of late really..nice 3 or 4 octave keyboard with a large sampling time, you need to at least be able to sample 16bit 44.1khz for 1 minute minimum..memory is cheap enough now surely where we can have this, install a nice 500gig HD to keep all your samples on and make sure it has nice vca's and filters, it doesn't even need effects, just make sure the sampling time is good, minute min, and good sounding filters and vca, easy menu matrix like the deepmind, in fact you could almost just copy it into the sampler it's so good it needs nothing extra...perhaps instead of any effects implement a sequencer.

Deepmind sample
Absolutely. I also wouldn't mind a sample pad that made the Roland SPD-SX look like yesterdays trash. Behringer could definitely do it, their leccy drum kits smash a lot of the competition already.
Old 10th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge Modular View Post
There's some good ideas in here!

If Uli is reading the posts, here's what I've been waiting a long time for.

Analog synth with 3 VCO's with waveshaping on each oscillator, xmod, sync, etc. 8-12 voices. 3-4 LFO's with a modulation matrix / lots of modulation possibilities. All LFO's go into audio rates. 3-4 envelope generators that are assignable.

Here's the big selling point for me: A multi-mode filter, or lots of filter options like a Matrix 12. For the love of God, please put in a multi-mode filter!! I'll give you my cash immediately.

Full size keys would be lovely. You can add effects or leave them out, I don't care. I don't need a fancy digital interface, etc. Just knobs and keys! A price tag somewhere around 2k.

The DSI products come somewhat close but they don't have multi-mode filters outside of the ob6, which has one LFO and is pretty expensive. They could have slapped some more LFO's in that thing. I'm also on the fence about how it sounds for the money. The DSI Rev 2 looks great, but no multimode filter which seems like a glaring oversight. The Prophet 6 is nice, but the HPF response to external modulation is totally wrong. The HPF also doesn't sound great.The p6 is nice but again seems over priced for what you get.

If anyone thinks I should get an A6: I did own an Andromeda at one point but had so many problems with them, that I returned it. I went through 3 of them, all had bad voices. ( Long story )

So I guess we're looking at a modern Jupiter 6 or a Matrix 12 type synth.

Agree about the multi-mode filters (even my BassStation 2 has 3x filter modes plus a 'classic' 303-style filter circuit!) and I would have sold my silver to get a DSI OB if it had 12 voices (6 is really stingy) and polyphonic, multiple LFOs for the same price. They are digital anyway, so never understood why they only had one!
Old 10th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosacosta View Post
Jupiter16
Yes, and if they re-make s Jupiter, please make it feel like a Jupiter 8!

Not necessarily a copy, but taking the same great design principles from the original Jupiter 8 and making it feel lovely to use. The sliders should glide, the pots should have a nice resistance, the metal toggle switches should click into place, and the plastic switches should feel like they will last 30 years.

And that lovely colour scheme.

OK, time for my meds..
Old 10th March 2017
Gear Nut

Deepmind 6, half of the voices, same layout. Just add basic effects (reverb, chorus, phaser, echo). Keep the same case and keyboard, saves creating a new production line.
Old 10th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge Modular View Post

Pro-2
Old 10th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
The MindDrum or maybe DM-1 sound like some catchy names for new or vintage drum machines with just enough historical reference to have some search engine overlap so the young people (about my age or younger, 25) can learn the facts.
Old 10th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
bro, nobody who REALLY cares uses solar power.
I'm typing this on a solar powered soy PC wearing hemp pajamas!
Old 10th March 2017
Lives for gear
Old 10th March 2017
Here for the gear

I'd like to see Behringer taking on the challenge to create a new protocol for eurorack modules that would allow patch recall.
Old 10th March 2017
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search