The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL
View Poll Results: Vote for the synths you want Behringer to make
SH 101
64 Votes - 18.50%
SH 202
8 Votes - 2.31%
TB 303
23 Votes - 6.65%
Jupiter 8
107 Votes - 30.92%
Jupiter 6
21 Votes - 6.07%
Jupiter 4
36 Votes - 10.40%
OB-X
52 Votes - 15.03%
OB-XA
98 Votes - 28.32%
VCS-3
51 Votes - 14.74%
Synthi A
48 Votes - 13.87%
Polykobol
41 Votes - 11.85%
Polivoks
18 Votes - 5.20%
Mini korg 700s
17 Votes - 4.91%
Oberheim 4 voice
30 Votes - 8.67%
CS-80
100 Votes - 28.90%
PPG wave
56 Votes - 16.18%
Memory Moog
51 Votes - 14.74%
Prophet 5
50 Votes - 14.45%
Buchla easel
32 Votes - 9.25%
Voyetra 8
24 Votes - 6.94%
VP-330
25 Votes - 7.23%
Arp Quadra
29 Votes - 8.38%
Arp Chroma
22 Votes - 6.36%
Arp 2600
114 Votes - 32.95%
Arp sequencer
9 Votes - 2.60%
Synclavier
21 Votes - 6.07%
Wasp
25 Votes - 7.23%
SH1
7 Votes - 2.02%
SH7
16 Votes - 4.62%
SH5
32 Votes - 9.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino View Post
Something similar to the Alesis Andromeda in terms of architecture and modulation routings, but with a better basic sound for oscillators and filters. Only addition, 3 VCOs instead of two.
I think they could fit 3 oscillators in this; how about you? (Never hurts to show it again )

Old 19th March 2017
Lives for gear

Or this
Attached Thumbnails
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL-img_0336.jpg  
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VennD68 View Post
Just because Gearslutz needs another Behringer thread.
There will be waaay more Behringer related threads in the future and I'm looking forward to what else they will deliver to us, yet.
Exciting times
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis_13 View Post
Please remake the Nord Lead 3/G2 LED encoders. Make them cheap for other synth manufacturers to use as well. Incorporate them into new UI designs across your new products. These were fantastic encoders with proper physical resistance and visual feedback. If you updated the LCD portion with OLED I'd be very happy (ala MPC X).

I'd imagine Nord could not keep up with the economic scale of using/building theses; you can.
Berhinger uses LED encoders as well as OLED displays in their mixers (X32) and midi controllers (BCR2000). Would make sense for a synth with memory. Not so much for wysiwyg synths like Minimoog, 2600 etc.
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
Berhinger uses LED encoders as well as OLED displays in their mixers (X32) and midi controllers (BCR2000). Would make sense for a synth with memory. Not so much for wysiwyg synths like Minimoog, 2600 etc.
I thought I would not like the OB6 without an oled, I was wrong. But patch memory on a 2600? I hope it has both
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
GIVE ME A 2600 with extras please, please please !
Couple of things is good to fix like second adsr instead of ad, additional modules or seq instead speakers, dm12 fx instead of just spring reverb, lfo delay and may be secod lfo (not sure), eurorack sockets.
One of the issues of 2600 or may be it's an advantage of a kind is modules placing paradigm is different than expected by modern standards.
Old 20th March 2017
Here for the gear

I'd love to see affordable EMS clones like an updated Putney or VSC3 and Buchla clones that don't cost an arm & a leg. Would also love to see a new Moog memorymoog and a Rev2 Prophet 5. I'm very excited about the Ob-Xa & Arp2600 announcements. Really hoping Behringer pulls it off in terms of sound quality.
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

OBXA FTW!!!
Old 20th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knoch View Post
I think they could fit 3 oscillators in this; how about you? (Never hurts to show it again )

I came so close to buying an Andromeda about a week ago... its the potential hardware failure that kept me from getting it. I had one a little over 10 years ago. It is the best sounding synth I have ever owned, although with all of those knobs it still was not the easiest to program. The specifications of it were amazing at the time it came out, especially considering price, and still seem pretty amazing today.
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Andy does sound good, never liked the UI. The control arrangement is not my fav, nor the color contrast. Sounds $1,000,000, though not like Jp8
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by recordbot View Post
as far as I can tell from the Behringer products I have purchased there is no planned obsolescence in any of it's design, other major manufacturers it's plain as day, you don't even need to look past marketing to see that they expect the products to fail within a certain time frame and that repairing them was not part of the concept, which is a shame since if you like a specific product you should be able to keep it going, since these are analog products I think it's an important thing to mention that the designs would ideally be repair friendly
I completely agree with this!
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote from Behringer Facebook account:
Quote:
"We have 4 synthesizer development teams simultaneously working on 20 synths, drum machines etc..
We'll be creating both innovative new synths as well as reviving classics. We're all in and the teams are on fire.
Exciting times!
- Uli"
interesting!
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

a perfect 1:1 clone of the Hammond Novachord would be pretty awesome.
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Nut

That is probably impossible to make cheap, as it's insane amount of tubes.
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

So are these 4 teams working on 20 synth designs now or the OSCar, 2600, OB-xa modern clones and drum machine first I wonder?
I assume the list of 20 is not complete - well the legacy synths at least.
I wonder what the demand for a modern Behringer analogue would be compared to a Behringer legacy synth?
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Behringer monosynth would have to be really cheap and still have good features to get ppl buy it. OSCar is easier to sell.

One team probably works on Eurorack modules. Market is still hot and newbies would buy $50 modules like hotcakes.
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cake100 View Post
I wonder what the demand for a modern Behringer analogue would be compared to a Behringer legacy synth?
for me its what it does and sounds like, not what it purports to be.

an OBXA replica would not interest me more than a modern day Behringer monster for example if the modern day synth was better for me and my thing, I am not saying I wouldn't want such a legacy synth but I don't hamper for such stuff.

same applies for any manufacturer
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Maniac

An OBXA clone+ and a 2600 clone+ are very appealing. I'd likely buy both.
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear
I really does not matter what we think they should make. They are gonna make a bunch of clones of the classics. Behringer has gone off the chain.
Old 20th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRAZZ View Post
I really does not matter what we think they should make. They are gonna make a bunch of clones of the classics. Behringer has gone off the chain.
I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised. I for one, can't wait to see what they are going to release:
Quote:
We have 4 synthesizer development teams simultaneously working on 20 synths, drum machines etc..
We'll be creating both innovative new synths as well as reviving classics. We're all in and the teams are on fire.
Exciting times!
- Uli
Source: https://www.facebook.com/BEHRINGER/p...55171422133914
Old 20th March 2017
Here for the gear

As a sound designer/composer/producer with over 35 years of working with many hardware and software synths over the years, I am really interested in a OBXa remake. I will say though that I work in a limited sized studio and no longer have need or space for another keyboard. So I'd love to see a desktop version of the OBXa similar to the many requests of the DM12 being made as a desktop. It would also be cool to add an FX engine as well while you are at it.

I (like many in the industry) would also be very interested in a remake of the Arp 2600.

I'm sure we will all have some surprises awaiting for us in the future.

Last edited by jcn7; 20th March 2017 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: double word
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn7 View Post
As a sound designer/composer/producer with over 35 years of of working with many hardware and software synths over the years, I am really interested in a OBXa remake. I will say though that I work in a limited sized studio and no longer have need or space for another keyboard. So I'd love to see a desktop version of the OBXa similar to the many requests of the DM12 being made as a desktop.

I (like many in the industry) would also be very interested in a remake of the Arp 2600.

I'm sure we will all have some surprises awaiting for us in the future.
Korg's 2600 is coming next month.
April 22.
Old 21st March 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
Korg's 2600 is coming next month.
April 22.
What source is this from? All I have ever heard is that Korg said they were not going to remake the 2600.

Thanks for any info...
Old 21st March 2017
Lives for gear

I am curious how many people think that writing a piece of music that uses a melodic fragment, similar to one used in another song, even if they are in different keys, tempi, and supported by different changes, is ‘stealing’ despite the ‘original’ being owned by a multi-national gang of thieves (lawyers), yet a company that shamelessly copies a complex circuit design and has it manufactured in sweat shops is great?

Musicians have been successfully prosecuted for similar melodic fragments even when it was established that there was no prior knowledge or intent. Apparently a company called Bright Tunes owns Sol Fa Re. So we can’t write a tune using Sol Fa Re but we can take apart a complex synth and copy every detail verbatim, then construct an exact replica with our name on it and sell it to the cheers of musicians everywhere?

Before answering one might try looking up, ‘cognitive dissonance’ - ‘confirmation bias’ and of course ‘moral relativism’ - What we have is a sort of Stockholm syndrome with empathy for corporations that is based on a woeful lack of understanding of the history and construction of music. Buy your copy synth - just be careful which notes you play in what order - someone may have done it first...

<mod edit> image removed due to complaint

Last edited by golden beers; 21st March 2017 at 01:20 PM..
Old 21st March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn7 View Post
What source is this from? All I have ever heard is that Korg said they were not going to remake the 2600.

Thanks for any info...
Speculation based on this:

Korg ARP teaser.
Old 21st March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
Speculation based on this:

Korg ARP teaser.
Probably just the FS Odyssey.
Old 21st March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330128 View Post
Probably just the FS Odyssey.
Considered that but was conflicted with the word tease.

I do agree we should brace for disappointment though unfortunately.
Old 21st March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddoggie View Post
I am curious how many people think that writing a piece of music that uses a melodic fragment, similar to one used in another song, even if they are in different keys, tempi, and supported by different changes, is ‘stealing’ despite the ‘original’ being owned by a multi-national gang of thieves (lawyers), yet a company that shamelessly copies a complex circuit design and has it manufactured in sweat shops is great?

Musicians have been successfully prosecuted for similar melodic fragments even when it was established that there was no prior knowledge or intent. Apparently a company called Bright Tunes owns Sol Fa Re. So we can’t write a tune using Sol Fa Re but we can take apart a complex synth and copy every detail verbatim, then construct an exact replica with our name on it and sell it to the cheers of musicians everywhere?

Before answering one might try looking up, ‘cognitive dissonance’ - ‘confirmation bias’ and of course ‘moral relativism’ - What we have is a sort of Stockholm syndrome with empathy for corporations that is based on a woeful lack of understanding of the history and construction of music. Buy your copy synth - just be careful which notes you play in what order - someone may have done it first...
The majority of posters here kvetching wouldn't be doing so if this was positioned as a more transformative inspiration, and it's not at all cognitive dissonance to be more flexible towards (consciously or not) lifting melodic elements versus the wholesale coopting of a brand.
Old 21st March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post
I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised. I for one, can't wait to see what they are going to release:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/BEHRINGER/p...55171422133914
I wonder if this news could hurt future DM-12 sales.
Old 21st March 2017
Gear Guru

I'm pretty sure there is nothing even remotely sweat shop like about Behringer's factory.. if so then all Chinese people are sweat shop workers..?

they are not allowed to work and feed their families really..? should they not work and starve to death..?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search