The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL
View Poll Results: Vote for the synths you want Behringer to make
SH 101
56 Votes - 18.92%
SH 202
6 Votes - 2.03%
TB 303
20 Votes - 6.76%
Jupiter 8
92 Votes - 31.08%
Jupiter 6
18 Votes - 6.08%
Jupiter 4
34 Votes - 11.49%
OB-X
47 Votes - 15.88%
OB-XA
82 Votes - 27.70%
VCS-3
46 Votes - 15.54%
Synthi A
44 Votes - 14.86%
Polykobol
38 Votes - 12.84%
Polivoks
16 Votes - 5.41%
Mini korg 700s
14 Votes - 4.73%
Oberheim 4 voice
26 Votes - 8.78%
CS-80
90 Votes - 30.41%
PPG wave
54 Votes - 18.24%
Memory Moog
43 Votes - 14.53%
Prophet 5
46 Votes - 15.54%
Buchla easel
27 Votes - 9.12%
Voyetra 8
19 Votes - 6.42%
VP-330
17 Votes - 5.74%
Arp Quadra
26 Votes - 8.78%
Arp Chroma
18 Votes - 6.08%
Arp 2600
97 Votes - 32.77%
Arp sequencer
8 Votes - 2.70%
Synclavier
20 Votes - 6.76%
Wasp
24 Votes - 8.11%
SH1
5 Votes - 1.69%
SH7
14 Votes - 4.73%
SH5
28 Votes - 9.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13th March 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
Aside from the Oscar synth, I can confirm that the 2600 is high on our priority list as it is a truly remarkable synth; I always wanted one for myself:-)

We are currently trying to acquire an original unit for benchmark purposes.

We hope we will be able to show you a first design draft within the next few weeks, while we're studying the circuit diagrams to provide you with an estimated retail price.

Once ready we will reach out to you to see if there is enough interest.

Uli
Dear Uli,

Thank you that you investigate to make this possible and could make it possible!
I am also interested in the "copyright" to build this. Could you explain something about that?

Are you sure you don't have one already for yourself? Cause you're a CEO of your own company that makes a enough money to buy one you're self I think. :-)
Old 13th March 2017
Gear Maniac

+1 for knobby FM synth. LOTS of knobs. In fact ALL the synth manufacturers have been sitting on this potentially amazing hole in the market, enough with the analog monos (for now)...
Old 13th March 2017
Gear Addict

Bring the JoMox Sunsyn back from the dead.
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post
I'd love to see a cheap 101 remake in desktop format!
All I personally want from Behringer is a 101. It's not a tall order! Classic synth, simple design, and they can even throw it in a cheap plastic case and justify it under being "authentic"! It's a win win for all! Although I'd like it with a keyboard though.
Old 13th March 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedbeats View Post
BEHRINGER STANDALONE VST PLUGIN HOST IN A RACK........

yes i know this is not a synth ,but i think this is what everyone needs ok.
my reasons are this would allow us hopefully to run vst effects live with out a laptop or with .

i also think it should come in a few sizes ,

budget: runs 20 plugins at once
middle of road:50 plugins
proffessional: ridiculous number of plugins
Yep, this, too. And it should really work with all VSTi, even synthedit ones.
I'd be interested in a budget version, because I really just need to bring Tapeotronic plugin out of the box and some reverbs and delays.
There have been attempts, but so far none of the VST host boxes impressed me.
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by playstation View Post
Bring the JoMox Sunsyn back from the dead.
Imagine the Behringer/Midas engineers trying to reverse engineer a synth that the designer said was too complicated to build.

That's our challenge Uli. Clone the Sunsyn.

If your engineers can do that they can do anything.
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavoyager View Post
Yep, this, too. And it should really work with all VSTi, even synthedit ones.
I'd be interested in a budget version, because I really just need to bring Tapeotronic plugin out of the box and some reverbs and delays.
There have been attempts, but so far none of the VST host boxes impressed me.
I don't envy any company that decides to get involved in that boondoggle.

I'm also sure that any Behringer engineer or program manager would reject that project from a general success and returns standpoint. Support costs would be ridiculous and many VSTs would be unsupportable.

Has Behringer ever released any products with general purpose computer components?

I can't picture them releasing I5/I7 CPU containing devices.
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

2600 would interest me, more so with the following changes:
- Shrink it.
- USB port to send in MIDI.
- Make sure it works nicely with Eurorack.
- Make useful changes where you can, like oscillator sync and multiple filter options. A pitch to CV tracker for signal processing would be sweet too.
- Replace the speakers with something more useful. The speakers do appeal to me but I know that in practice I'm not going to use them. Using the space for more CV utilities, some sequencing, and maybe even a BBD delay would better complete the package for me.
- Keep the top handle.

So not just a clone but a new take on this classic.
Old 13th March 2017
Here for the gear
If you can create clones of the 2600 and Oscar that sound very close to the originals, count me in.
Old 13th March 2017
Gear Head

A full multi-timbral Synthex, Octave Voyetra 8 with Cem3340 and discrete SSM2044...
Old 13th March 2017
Here for the gear

I would love an OSCar, and a Simmons SDSV too - I used to play simmons kits in the 80's and the V had such a great sound (much better than the 8 or 7 to my ears). I also would love a Linndrum, with the pitchable samples (gotta have that Prince Sidestick) - but you'd need the user interface - the Linn was so much fun to program.

Thanks Uli for making synth dreams come true. I appreciate your efforts to get our feedback.
Old 13th March 2017
Gear Head
Hi Uli,
Vielen Dank, dass du dir Zeit nimmst und diese Foren liest. Damit auch die anderen Teilnehmer mitlesen koennen fahre ich auf Englisch fort.

How about a PORTABLE SAMPLER? reduced to the the essentials, but not slacking on anything. Similar to an SP 404, Zoom Sampletrak just smaller, say oldschool gameboy size just a little flatter. Maybe give it some of the userfriendlyness of the Pocket Operators.
As pocket operators seem to be selling like crazy and so do the VOLCAS I think it is time someone showed them how to make a real portable sampler.

- numeral display (like Sampletrak)

- rechargable battery

- soft rubber buttons 5x5

- 3 pots for fx and edits and 1 for volume 1 for rec gain, that are short or detachable so you can throw it in a backpack

- internal speaker of decent quality

- SD card storage

- USB to Midi

Features that would be nice to have:

- multiple tracks (16)

- good sequencing allowing to chain sequences in time

- easy copy and paste of samples and sequences

- RESAMPLING

- 25 good FX

- play modes for samples: forward, reverse, loop, loop front to back back to front, loop with crossfade for making synthlike sounds

- 16 levels

- attack and decay for samples

- 3 SAMPLERATES

- XoX and realtime sequencing

Thank you for reading!

I will now pray to the mighty gods that this will be reality soon.

Last edited by HOLY G; 13th March 2017 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: to be clear
Old 13th March 2017
Here for the gear

Toner low

Old 13th March 2017
Let's first hear how that minimoog sounds before thinking about the next synth.
Old 13th March 2017
Here for the gear

Uli... why not try something a bit different from the same ol' subtractive synth.
(where there are quite a few budget offerings e.g volcas/arturia brutes)

How about a Berhinger Music Easel ? some west coast magic!?
theres little in this area for a reasonable budget (MN 0-coast?). it would really diversify your sound palette, and be something really quite special.
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
I don't envy any company that decides to get involved in that boondoggle.

I'm also sure that any Behringer engineer or program manager would reject that project from a general success and returns standpoint. Support costs would be ridiculous and many VSTs would be unsupportable.

Has Behringer ever released any products with general purpose computer components?

I can't picture them releasing I5/I7 CPU containing devices.
Yep, i don't think any company will try that again. Too much trouble with support.

But what CPU's air series mixers run? Those run behringers own plugins and are controlable with any computer.
Old 13th March 2017
Gear Head

CS 80
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Aside from the Oscar synth, I can confirm that the 2600 is high on our priority list as it is a truly remarkable synth; I always wanted one for myself:-)

We are currently trying to acquire an original unit for benchmark purposes.

We hope we will be able to show you a first design draft within the next few weeks, while we're studying the circuit diagrams to provide you with an estimated retail price.

Once ready we will reach out to you to see if there is enough interest.

Uli
The thing with replicas is that I would be most interested, if they look as close to the original as possible.
That includes logos.
And I don't want to hurt your feelings, but Behringer as a company has a reputation for low price/mediocre quality audio gear.
A new brand name for higher quality synths would be a better idea in my book.
Of course, the quality of the hardware is most important.
Deep Mind does not impress me at all.
Old 13th March 2017
Gear Addict

I would buy a 2600 in a heartbeat.
The Dm12 is a lovely instrument so i am very confident.
Keep up the good work
Old 13th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue monk View Post
The thing with replicas is that I would be most interested, if they look as close to the original as possible.
That includes logos.
And I don't want to hurt your feelings, but Behringer as a company has a reputation for low price/mediocre quality audio gear.
A new brand name for higher quality synths would be a better idea in my book.
Of course, the quality of the hardware is most important.
Deep Mind does not impress me at all.
You don't hurt our feelings at all and we always respect peoples' opinions.

I terms of quality we are very proud that our products have one of the lowest failure rates. But don't take our word for it and instead verify with the largest retailers Sweetwater and Thomann. This is why we comfortably provide a 3-Year Warranty for all our products.

Having our own factory makes all the difference and since our factory doesn't have to generate a profit, we're passing the savings of up to 30% straight to our customers.

The DeepMind12 is our first synthesizer and it is currently the world's best selling synth.

I am very proud of our engineers and sound designers who have created this wonderful instrument. More to come...

Uli
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
You don't hurt our feelings at all and we always respect peoples' opinions.

I terms of quality we are very proud that our products have one of the lowest failure rates. But don't take our word for it and instead verify with the largest retailers Sweetwater and Thomann.
Having our own factory makes all the difference and since our factory doesn't have to generate a profit, we're passing the savings of up to 30% straight to our customers.

The DeepMind12 is our first synthesizer and is currently the world's best selling synth.
I am very proud of our engineers and sound designers who have created this wonderful instrument. More to come...

Uli
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Behringer made many hardware products (including 24-channel mixers) attainable to producers who could otherwise not have afforded them.
So in that regard that is really nothing to criticize here.
And expecting a Behringer mixing desk from the 1990ies to sound like a Neve would be foolish.
Your products aimed at the lower price range and gave people new options.

I understand that this has probably changed a bit in recent years, quality of sound being more important. Although not everybody is happy with the new products of Dynaudio for instance. I don't have first hand experience with these.

I think Deep Mind 12 is good value for money. It sounds analog, as it is supposed to.
That being said I wouldn't buy one. It is a bread and butter synth in my book. For the price, again, it's perfectly OK.
I would rather pay 3000€ for a polyphonic analog synth that blows me away sound wise.

The OSCar could be very interesting.

What I would want the most is a Roland SH with the Oscillators of the SH-3 and filters and modulations of SH-7 and SH-5. Monophonic. But it would have to sound amazing and look classy. Price point 1,000 to 1,500€
Old 13th March 2017
Gear Nut

one 2600 for me too please.
so is there any voting site then?
how are you going to keep track of the demand?
thx
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

I used to love that OSCar sound those filters were awesome....
Old 13th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue monk View Post
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Behringer made many hardware products (including 24-channel mixers) attainable to producers who could otherwise not have afforded them.
So in that regard that is really nothing to criticize here.
And expecting a Behringer mixing desk from the 1990ies to sound like a Neve would be foolish.
Your products aimed at the lower price range and gave people new options.

I understand that this has probably changed a bit in recent years, quality of sound being more important. Although not everybody is happy with the new products of Dynaudio for instance. I don't have first hand experience with these.

I think Deep Mind 12 is good value for money. It sounds analog, as it is supposed to.
That being said I wouldn't buy one. It is a bread and butter synth in my book. For the price, again, it's perfectly OK.
I would rather pay 3000€ for a polyphonic analog synth that blows me away sound wise.

The OSCar could be very interesting.

What I would want the most is a Roland SH with the Oscillators of the SH-3 and filters and modulations of SH-7 and SH-5. Monophonic. But it would have to sound amazing and look classy. Price point 1,000 to 1,500€

Well in truth these might not be the synths for you, no offence.

Theres already a €3000 version of this, its called the Moog Model D

I dont think Behringer is looking at this segment of the market, yet, maybe in the future. id just like them to focus on getting this range of synths out, affordably and with a decent standards of quality before they go all high range on us.

Yes the DM may be a bit bread and butter to some, but no more than a 106, with a few more bells and whistles attached too...and thats satisfying for many
Old 13th March 2017
Here for the gear
Keep doing what you are doing Uli! Disruptors in any market segment are usually met with equal parts embrace and anger and that's how you know you are doing it right. Personally I will be buying a D as soon as they are available for pre-order. As for next synths, I'd love to see an OB-Xa. I also would love to see someone finally make a real granular/sampling synth in proper hardware without major limitations or issues.

* OB-Xa
* Granular/Sampling Synth
* Eurorack cases, PSUs, and modules
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

SH5, 2600 & OSCar.
Then I can finally start making music.
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Theres already a €3000 version of this, its called the Moog Model D
That's not polyphonic. If that was a MemoryMoog for that price, probably 3500€, that could be a different story, although I am more interested in the sound of the Oberheim 4-voice, OBX, Roland Jupiter 8.

Quote:
I dont think Behringer is looking at this segment of the market, yet, maybe in the future.
I guess so, yes. The Arp 2600 and OSCar are 2 instruments Uli Behringer has mentioned. And I would be interested. BUT: Not if they don't live up to the originals.
These don't lend themselves for a low price market. Although I assume a remake could be more affordable than ebay prices for a working rare classic, without having to water down the sound.
An OSCar for 1,000€? I'm in. 1,250€ to 1,500€? Maybe. Low price would be 500€. Of course, if they can pull it off for 500€, great.

Quote:
id just like them to focus on getting this range of synths out, affordably and with a decent standards of quality before they go all high range on us.
No problem with that. I just wanted to express my interest in the OSCar clone, but wanted to make sure that I am only interested if the sound experience is not compromised.
If they choose to go that route, I won't hate on them. But I also won't buy it.

Quote:
Yes the DM may be a bit bread and butter to some, but no more than a 106, with a few more bells and whistles attached too...and thats satisfying for many
The Juno 60 is on a higher level though sound wise. Not flexibility and range but expressiveness and quality of sound. I had a 106 once. Was not impressed. Sold it after a week.
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I can confirm that the 2600 is high on our priority list as it is a truly remarkable synth; I always wanted one for myself:-)
Okay, now I'm interested. Had some time with Anthony Phillips' 2600 many years ago and it's haunted me ever since. Time to lay that ghost to rest ...
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:

Having our own factory makes all the difference

Uli

As you should be :D

Please DO NOT even consider a software market-based product.
iPads emulate synths just fine and much more.
Stick to authentic hardware synths;
ASIO functionality is a great idea though!

Roland releasing a hardware platform for emulations AFTER releasing those emulations as separate devices that cost as much as a tablet or iPad each, has already lost me as a potential customer.

Give the customers what they want- genuine analog sound!
Do what Roland should have done.

UB-101 UB-303 UB-808 UB-909

Keep earning customer loyalty!
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discopotato View Post
As you should be :D

Please DO NOT even consider a software market-based product.
iPads emulate synths just fine and much more.
Stick to authentic hardware synths;
ASIO functionality is a great idea though!

Roland releasing a hardware platform for emulations AFTER releasing those emulations as separate devices that cost as much as a tablet or iPad each, has already lost me as a potential customer.

Give the customers what they want- genuine analog sound!
Do what Roland should have done.

UB-101 UB-303 UB-808 UB-909

Keep earning customer loyalty!
Please no UB40 though.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search