The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What synths should Behringer make next?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
What synths should Behringer make next?
I think they should just phone Jacob from Shear Electronics and offer to take over the OB-X project. He gets design credit, they add extras, like X-mod circuit, redesign the panel / case, slap in their nice effects unit and build it for way way way less then anyone else could. Who benefits? All.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I just met georges clooney and asked for his opinion, and he said : "Cs80, jupiter 8, emulator I & II, sp12 and tr808/ 909 clone. What else ??"
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
I think they should just phone Jacob from Shear Electronics and offer to take over the OB-X project. He gets design credit, they add extras, like X-mod circuit, redesign the panel / case, slap in their nice effects unit and build it for way way way less then anyone else could. Who benefits? All.
This!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
...and while they're at it they can call Roman and do the same with his CS-80 and build it into a keyboard with ring mod, effects...give it the works.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
As for the next Behringer synth. After the Minimmog seems to set, i'd vote for a 2600 remake as the one after it. Its mainly unobtainium and has a classic sound.

When this is done or parallel to it, i'd like Behringer to have a look at a keyboard sampler instrument also utilizing wavetables and granular synthesis. This is a field where there still is alot to explore and hardly covered in hardware (anymore). 16 voices with analog filters would be very nice.

Knowledge-wise i think multitimbrality is another field Behringers synth teams need to develope, as it is crucial for many tasks especially when it comes to samplers, romplers and so on.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
.......Most people just talk about what they have read somewhere and treat it as modern day fact - weird.
< moderator message - as said in the other thread we will allow positive and negative opinions about any audio gear, if it's on topic and 1) proven 2) or clearly an opinion about the machine or software 3) polite. please stick to the rules, people? Thank you! >
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
As for the next Behringer synth. After the Minimmog seems to set, i'd vote for a 2600 remake as the one after it.
The 2600 is probably the next korg reissue, and with so many great synths to clone, i doubt behringer will risk a frontal crash (not before namm 2018, imo).
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Aside from the Oscar synth, I can confirm that the 2600 is high on our priority list as it is a truly remarkable synth; I always wanted one for myself:-)

We are currently trying to acquire an original unit for benchmark purposes.

We hope we will be able to show you a first design draft within the next few weeks, while we're studying the circuit diagrams to provide you with an estimated retail price.

Once ready we will reach out to you to see if there is enough interest.

Uli
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by budweiser View Post
The 2600 is probably the next korg reissue, and with so many great synths to clone, i doubt behringer will risk a frontal crash (not before namm 2018, imo).
They stated time and time again that they have no plans for Polysix and 2600.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
Aside from the Oscar synth, I can confirm that the 2600 is high on our priority list as it is a truly remarkable synth; I always wanted one for myself:-)

We hope we will be able to show you a first design draft within the next few weeks, while we're studying the circuit diagrams to provide you with an estimated retail price.

Uli
Thats good to hear!

I am really looking forward to what you and your devs are doing. It shakes the synth scene up in the best way. Meaning, for us customers to have more variety to chose from at different price ranges.

all the best !
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Where?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
If they did have plans... they don't anymore.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by le bouch View Post
Where?
Most prominently in a reddit AMA.. but repeatedly in other forums as well.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmatic View Post
The Deeper Mind 24, featuring 24 analog voices, but you'll have to stack at least 4 voices together at time for it to sound decent, ultimately giving you only 8 voices, which will be slathered in layers of effects.
I hope your music is better than your math.

Dear data mining tool,

please count me in as "interested in the 2600".

Thank you

Dear data mining tool,

please note there's also interest in the 101.

Greetings
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Thats good to hear!

I am really looking forward to what you and your devs are doing. It shakes the synth scene up in the best way. Meaning, for us customers to have more variety to chose from at different price ranges.

all the best !
Yes it reminds me of when Korg and Roland shook up the polysynth market in the early 80s. Suddenly these cheaper synths flooded the market and gave the European and US manufacturers a run for their money. Exciting times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert View Post
Dear data mining tool,

please note there's also interest in the 101.

Greetings
Maybe they could do a Mono Mind, or Dm01..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
I've seen Nick Kwas on Reddit but as far as I recall he just said 'we've no plans but don't rule it out' - at least about the 2600.

Was it actually Korg speaking on these 'other forums', or conjecture?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:

Uli
That is great news! I was thinking of going DIY with TTSH (2600 clone), but I better wait and save myself some possible headaches
But while doing it, ditch the speakers and use the available panel space for two dedicated LFO's an more mixers and CV attenuators. Voila, 2700

I can't wait till you reveal what are the other synth candidates.

I'll always vote for Octave Plateau CAT SRM II as I find it to be one of the most interesting and flexible analog monosynths (well, it has a duophonic mode, too).
It just needs midi and a joystick instead of that pitch slider. With full size keys it would be Karp Odyssey killer.

Syntone Synrix is a beast, but is very specific.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Oh Reddit, one of the hardest websites to determine authenticity. Real Korg employee trying to remain anonymous? Some random person being a jerk?

If it's not officially announced and they're waiting on the industry cartel (just one of infinite ways to look at NAMM, not fundamentally different than say OPEC), that's a business move that assumes risk that might give Behringer the edge for innovating on the business end rather than the established design end that has kept prices artificially high and even remakes that don't deliver (cough*Roland ACB*cough).
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
Yes it reminds me of when Korg and Roland shook up the polysynth market in the early 80s. Suddenly these cheaper synths flooded the market and gave the European and US manufacturers a run for their money. Exciting times.

Maybe they could do a Mono Mind, or Dm01..
I like MonoMind. DM-1 would be too perfect for a vintage drum sampler (LM-1).
MindDrum would be great for the modern drum machine.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

DM12 Desktop
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by le bouch View Post
I've seen Nick Kwas on Reddit but as far as I recall he just said 'we've no plans but don't rule it out' - at least about the 2600.

Was it actually Korg speaking on these 'other forums', or conjecture?
Honestly i couldnt tell. However, if they were serious about such things they should communicate about it like Behringer does. Same goes for so many other brands. If they play secrecy, fine with me that they get the shaft for it. Competition is good for us customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discopotato View Post
Oh Reddit, one of the hardest websites to determine authenticity. Real Korg employee trying to remain anonymous? Some random person being a jerk?
It was Nick Kwas and an official Korg AMA with announced dates and stuff ..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Uli
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavoyager View Post
I wrote earlier in this thread, but this video speaks for The Cat! Behringer should definitely put this synth on the top of their re-make list, including the rare expander box.

oh yes indeed, a long time ago we owned one of these, it is synths like this and the 2600 that need bringing bang into the 21st century, just a few little tweaks for extra tone variations and VCO are a must.

edit: bloody hell i just started that demo and that is a beautiful example, mine was knackered in comparison.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
And lower the price by $1000-$2000 each. $1500 to maybe $2500 is reasonable. $3500 is simply ridiculous. And ditch the flashy, glossy, presentation. Just make the thing work and sound good. Plain looking, regular pots, all business, please.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Wavetable/vector with FM capabilities?

Give me my transformer-dashing-together sex sounds!

Maybe a real vocoder while we're at it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Quote:

It was Nick Kwas and an official Korg AMA with announced dates and stuff ..
Well that short bit of information makes it a proper citation right there! Just saying that Reddit isn't very reliable as a whole.
I have a wide range of interests outside of my synth love and others chiming in is just how I learn about reality.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
oh yes indeed, a long time ago we owned one of these, it is synths like this and the 2600 that need bringing bang into the 21st century, just a few little tweaks for extra tone variations and VCO are a must.

edit: bloody hell i just started that demo and that is a beautiful example, mine was knackered in comparison.
Bang on! This and 2600 and I can forget about most other synths.
As said, I'd add a joystick to the Cat in place of pitch slider and provide selector switches for the x and y axis, so you could assign different parameters to both.
Maybe even add a 2pole filter option for more buttery sounds and that's it. It would be a fantastic and immensely usable synth. Of course, I'd add velocity (fixed to filter envelope amount, but of course adjustable) and maybe aftertouch, too.

Come on Uli, you can do it! It's a great synth that hasn't seen much of the world, yet. It deserves it!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
I think Urs Heckmann (U-He) mentioned somewhere they have a Cat emulation in the making
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Yep its called "the cat"
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Maybe they could make a cheaper Virus.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search