The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What synths should Behringer make next?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

@Coorec yes he did , it'll be good too. But without the interface even though modern software is great it's always just, nearly, not quite right arrrrgggghhh.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Deepmind 12
Mini Moog desktop clone
Drum machine
Desktop Deepmind
Oscar
EMS Synthi
Behringer euro rack line
Behringer wavetable synth
Behringer keyboard sampler
Behringer mono ONE
Behringer Groovebox,sampler,sequencer
Behringer Deepmind 6

anything else..?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
@Coorec yes he did , it'll be good too. But without the interface even though modern software is great it's always just, nearly, not quite right arrrrgggghhh.
Joint venture... Behringer plug out platform with U-He and other good plug ins as plug outs. E Voila!

Show dem Rolands how its properly done...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Deepmind 12
Mini Moog desktop clone
Drum machine
Desktop Deepmind
Oscar
EMS Synthi
Behringer euro rack line
Behringer mono ONE
Behringer Deepmind 6

anything else..?

A better job. Buy them
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
Joint venture... Behringer plug out platform with U-He and other good plug ins as plug outs. E Voila!

And Spectrasonic:
Omnispehere/Keyscape/Trillian

Behringer would takeover the digital synth/romper market
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Deepmind 12
Mini Moog desktop clone
Drum machine
Desktop Deepmind
Oscar
EMS Synthi
Behringer euro rack line
Behringer mono ONE
Behringer Deepmind 6

anything else..?
Knobby FM synth is also some longstanding GS wish.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I really don't care what it is if it sounds good and has 5 fricken octaves to work with. Novachord 2.0 for all I care just make it five (5) octaves.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
Aside from the Oscar synth, I can confirm that the 2600 is high on our priority list as it is a truly remarkable synth; I always wanted one for myself:-)

We are currently trying to acquire an original unit for benchmark purposes.

We hope we will be able to show you a first design draft within the next few weeks, while we're studying the circuit diagrams to provide you with an estimated retail price.

Once ready we will reach out to you to see if there is enough interest.

Uli
Amazing what you have planned .... Is a OBXa inspired synth in the mix ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
A better job. Buy them
Obviously we'd all be interested in all them but reality would dictate that we could possibly afford a few at best, The Moog clone, Drum machine, EMS synthi and any eurorack gear would be my likely limit..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Ulski how cheap could you bash out a 303 for?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Also regarding the 2600 I don't think it needs to be the same size as the original, the original is huge, this would be one instance where I support shrinking the clone from the original, just make it 42cm wide x 30 cm tall..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I probably won't need Uli's 2600 since I built/building four TTSH's of my own. However I do applaud this effort for the folks that can't or don't want to build one.

The 2600 is a complex beast and can take you into sonic territory never before dreamed of. It's so intricate that many new users can't figure out how to turn the sound on or off...no joke.

Well done Uli! I look forward to seeing how your team puts this together.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

The Juno/DeepMind, Minimoog, 2600, and OBX models in desktop format sound like a winning combination to me. I'd buy each and every one of them as long as they are analog and sound legit.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Knobby FM synth is also some longstanding GS wish.
This.
Old 2 weeks ago
This:

Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
I must admit of all the modular stuff outside of euro that really interests me it's the Buchla stuff, and knowing what it costs I admit it's pure fantasy to even speculate owning any, so yeah if Behringer wanted to do their take on a music easel I'd be like..

I think as far as Buchla goes it would be great for Uli to get in contact with the artists that made and continue to make such incredible music with these systems.

Though sonically breathtaking a huge part of Buchla is the interface and control over the sound. We can use an ipad these days to take control of our hardware in similar/different ways but it would be nice to see something not tied to any particular existing technology.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:

Please Flying Spaghetti Monster NO!

If he's going to imitate an American manufacturing giant stick to Walmart (as planned) instead of Apple...

Put low-latency ASIO functionality into some of the machines (where it makes sense, like these suggested below) and leave the software to software developers and computer hardware to computer hardware developers who are doing that just fine already.

Eurorack Audio Interface with Mic Preamps and Control module yes!
Multi Analog FX + multi Analog Filter Mixer with looper Yes!
Sample/Granular/Wavetable Keyboard Synth Yes!
Drum Sample Sequencer with Analog FX + Analog Filters yes!

Online software/soft synth market NO!

Paying more than the cost of a separate computer/tablet, controller, and an interface, that can't even do all of the things that those separate products already do just fine, in addition to paying for that software, costs of bandwidth, transaction fees, and maintaining that market NO!

Not another emulation platform. REAL instruments.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Octatrack with polyphonic tracks and usable OS/UI.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
I think they should just phone Jacob from Shear Electronics and offer to take over the OB-X project. He gets design credit, they add extras, like X-mod circuit, redesign the panel / case, slap in their nice effects unit and build it for way way way less then anyone else could. Who benefits? All.
Best idea I've ever heard on gearslutz ever!!

They could hire Jacob for other projects too... its a win win...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Obviously we'd all be interested in all them but reality would dictate that we could possibly afford a few at best, The Moog clone, Drum machine, EMS synthi and any eurorack gear would be my likely limit..
I hear you there and all being true it's going to be an exciting year, all I know is if they do find a 2600 and figure out a way to do it within the reach of normal people and provide it with a modern twist I'll have to be sober and probably have to ride motocross a bit less to save for it, that's a must if it happens though

If they made something quirky like an EMS I'd wet my pants, not sure of the market size for that sort of thing but I'd love something that's just a bit left of centre and quirky as hell.

Feasibly really how many models a year can be released though? Surely more than 3-4 would saturate and reduce sales so we shall see how it plays out
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Well done again Behringer and Uli.
The mini D clone is very good idea, and is in my shopping list.

The next synth i will prefere to see again, is an ARP2600 clone, the same way like you do with the mini clone please.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
Aside from the Oscar synth, I can confirm that the 2600 is high on our priority list as it is a truly remarkable synth; I always wanted one for myself:-)

We are currently trying to acquire an original unit for benchmark purposes.

We hope we will be able to show you a first design draft within the next few weeks, while we're studying the circuit diagrams to provide you with an estimated retail price.

Once ready we will reach out to you to see if there is enough interest.

Uli
Uli, I don't have enough money for all of this... :(
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

desktooop dm12
Old 2 weeks ago
I would like it if they built a 101.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

BEHRINGER STANDALONE VST PLUGIN HOST IN A RACK........

yes i know this is not a synth ,but i think this is what everyone needs ok.
my reasons are this would allow us hopefully to run vst effects live with out a laptop or with .

i also think it should come in a few sizes ,

budget: runs 20 plugins at once
middle of road:50 plugins
proffessional: ridiculous number of plugins
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive View Post
I would like it if they built a 101.
I'd love to see a cheap 101 remake in desktop format!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

if doing a wavetable, put transwaves in a-la Fizmo otherwise it will be a missed oppertunity
Old 2 weeks ago
And how about a Linndrum?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

To many mono synths now. A VCO poly synth would be much more interesting. Bring back the CEM chips and make an OB-Xa and Prophet 5
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Wishlist for Uli Claus:
Knobby FM synth, fully featured and with 5 octaves.
Simmons SDSV/SDS8 clone with trigger inputs and step sequencer, Eurorack version is also fine.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search