The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland TR-08 Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvmoore View Post
Here's a quickie TR-8 VS TR808 comparison I did. Although it's not perfect, tried to match the levels and tuning as best as I could on the TR-8.
Thanks, I can't wait to have a listen as it seemed it's not only a tuning difference in the comparison videos, also those of the TR-08. Will listen later today.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

They sound quite different. The second one seems to have a much quieter kick and a much sharper hi hat/ cymbal tone as far as my perception goes. Also the snare seems different.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

great demo :-)
so the 808 is the first one? didn't find #2 too disgusting! it boomed
these crappy headphones ok.

Last edited by islandmonkey; 4 days ago at 02:13 AM..
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvmoore View Post
Here's a quickie TR-8 VS TR808 comparison I did. Although it's not perfect, tried to match the levels and tuning as best as I could on the TR-8.
Thanks for taking the time to do this! I take it the 808 is first(?). The cymbals on the second seem higher pitched to my ears and "cleaner", if that makes sense. Prefer the first lot.

Does the TR-8 have the same sounds as the TR-08?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I didn't find #2 disgusting but I don't think it's really up with #1 .

Great demo of course, I listened 4x
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by markodarko View Post
The cymbals on the second seem higher pitched to my ears and "cleaner", if that makes sense. Prefer the first lot.
Yes, the metal always is revealing, a whole bunch of high pitched square waves... total aliasing nightmare unless heavily filtered away
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you all enjoyed the demo. Yes, the first one is the TR808 and the second one is the TR-8 as a few of you've al guessed. This is actually the first time I've actually sat and listened to the two and compared them. The cymbals are a dead giveaway, which is no surprise. I had to admit though, the TR-8 snare sounds pretty good. The TR-8 kick booms pretty good, but the 808 has more harmonics in it's kick. I'm also surprised at how close I was able to get the TR-8 clap to the 808's.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
In that particular comparison, the tr8 got smashed into a billion pieces
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search