The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Industrial that doesn't Suck
Old 4th August 2016
Lives for gear

New Industrial that doesn't Suck

I have read quite a bit of griping about there being no good new Industrial Music here and elsewhere.
So I perused SoundCloud and found plenty that doesn't suck - see my likes here (excuse the few off topic likes)
https://soundcloud.com/terrafaction-8/likes

And since I don't like everything I hear see my followings too (somewhat mishmashed though)
https://soundcloud.com/terrafaction-8/following

About 10 years ago I noticed that Mexico and other Latin american countries were producing bands in related genres in surprising quantity. Nowadays it seems as though those countries quality offerings are outnumbering Germany and Los Angeles for this type of music. Russia, Poland and Ukraine seem rather prolific these days as does France, Italy and Switzerland. Naturally Belgium still seems to be churning it out as much as it always has.
The US and Britain seem to be the largest purveyors of the Industrial that does suck. But there's plenty of good in them too.

What other not-sucky new Industrial is out there?
Lets find some more good Industrial.

Last edited by Hollowman9; 4th August 2016 at 05:30 PM..
Old 4th August 2016
Lives for gear

Awesome thread Hollowman9.
I would love to hear some good new sounds too.

I'm really enjoying what is called the Belgian New Beat style which is very F242, FLA type of EBM. Not sure if that is what you are looking for though...

I hear this fellow called Trent Reznor is doing some cool stuff lately!!!
Sorry man. just messing with you.
Old 4th August 2016
Gear Guru
Maybe that Silent Servant stuff that's all the rage .... I think it's OK ... Just OK.
Old 4th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
Awesome thread Hollowman9.
I would love to hear some good new sounds too.

I'm really enjoying what is called the Belgian New Beat style which is very F242, FLA type of EBM. Not sure if that is what you are looking for though...

I hear this fellow called Trent Reznor is doing some cool stuff lately!!!
Sorry man. just messing with you.
trent who?
Old 4th August 2016
Lives for gear

British Murder Boys. Genre conquered. Nothing to add, no further to go. No, really.
Old 4th August 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasimirsBlake View Post
British Murder Boys. Genre conquered. Nothing to add, no further to go. No, really.
Yes !
Old 4th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 View Post
trent who?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Old 4th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasimirsBlake View Post
Note: keyword = new

Nice choice though
Old 4th August 2016
Gear Maniac

Old 4th August 2016
Gear Nut

I'm a big fan of Scientific Dreamz of U, who takes a lot of inspiration from New Beat and Wax Trax! era music. And he seems to have a sense of humor too; I like industrial, but there is a lot of cringey edgelord "crawling in my skin" elements that would be best avoided.

The Bay Area's very own Inhalt is wonderful too, and I believe Matia posts on here from time to time.
Old 4th August 2016
Lives for gear

Old 4th August 2016
Lives for gear

Dead when I found her.
Brilliant older school style in the vein of Skinny Puppy.

Blush Response.
More hard ebm techno industrial. Instrumental.
Modular based mostly.
Old 4th August 2016
Gear Maniac

Old 4th August 2016
VDB
Gear Addict

Orphx, geistform and ancient methods in the industrial techno style.
Synapscape, iszoloscope in more of a noise beat sound.
This morn'omina have a super cool mix of ambiant PSU trance and darker industrial sound.
Old 4th August 2016
R7P
Gear Nut

I've been pretty impressed with Youth Code.

Old 5th August 2016
Old 5th August 2016
Old 5th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
Blush Response.
More hard ebm techno industrial. Instrumental.
Modular based mostly.
I'm not sure about it being EBM, but I do like this.
Old 5th August 2016
Gear Head

Ant-Zen and all their distro members are the right choice for searching modern experimental stuff.
Old 5th August 2016
Lives for gear

Last edited by Hollowman9; 5th August 2016 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: forgot one
Old 7th August 2016
Gear Nut

bookmarked for listening when possible
Old 7th August 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 View Post
A few things I'm particularly enjoying lately...

This one is getting messed up due to vulgar language filtering....
https://soundcloud.com/peterkopko/ko...-lynch-tribute

hey thanks HM, been doing BentWithLight for awhile now in a fairly wide range, but recently been inspired by Author And Punisher's live show (the Cd didnt do justice) and Controlled Bleeding.
impressed with whatever Mike Holloway, Daniel Myer and of course whatever Justin Broadrick cooks up too
apparently, David Tibet and Youth have a new project too and Tear Garden is back. Rapoon and Dead Voices On Air are busy as usual...
Old 7th August 2016
Here for the gear

Old 7th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedSignals View Post
hey thanks HM, been doing BentWithLight for awhile now in a fairly wide range, but recently been inspired by Author And Punisher's live show (the Cd didnt do justice) and Controlled Bleeding.
impressed with whatever Mike Holloway, Daniel Myer and of course whatever Justin Broadrick cooks up too
apparently, David Tibet and Youth have a new project too and Tear Garden is back. Rapoon and Dead Voices On Air are busy as usual...
I think when I 1st started following you a long time ago you were making some very heavy dark ambient type stuff and it was great work. This recent material really shines though, I can't get enough. wish it was downloadable

I'll look into the bands you mentioned. Have been a Controlled Bleeding fan since the late 80's and it is great to hear they are back to work again.

Keep up the great work and Thanks!
Old 8th August 2016
Lives for gear

Great thread! Lots of good listening here.
Old 8th August 2016
Lives for gear

Some other bands you could check out are Cyanotic, Youth Code (I think was mentioned), and Die Sektor. Fun to see live. Die Sektor is more new school, but really good. Cyanotic is Wax Trax type stuff. The weird thing is, seeing them live is completely different than listening to them on webz. They seem to use lots of guitar, but live it was only a singer, drummer (acoustic), and a synthesist on his modular. Sounded really cool and I couldn't even tell guitar was in their tracks live.

Another good one is Vampyre Anvil.
Old 8th August 2016
Gear Nut

Not really new at all, but I kind of feel not enough people in the industrial sector really know of Jordan Reyne. She swings between gothic folk and more industrial sounds sometimes. Apparently sings on the new Resident Evil trailer as well.

Old 8th August 2016
Lives for gear
cool thread, thanks for turning me onto British Murder Boys and Blush Response.. good stuff. will check out more of the stuff listed.
Old 8th August 2016
Gear Head

Last edited by Her Zesty Sin; 8th August 2016 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: YT link
Old 8th August 2016
Gear Head

(by which I mean that they found a way to create their own original path, though being influenced by a band so striking it can be a crushing and unsurpassable model)
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search