The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cyclone Analogic TT-606 Drum Drone Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 1st November 2015
Lives for gear

TT606. Any news?

Has anybody heard any updates on the Cyclone TT606?

I guess the phenomenal success of the TT303 has kept the guy rather busy.
Old 2nd November 2015
Lives for gear

there was a marketing hint about a TT-606 in the very beginning which was (IMO) there just to boost the confidence in people so they buy the bassbot
they also registered domain names for tt-303 and tt-606, now those domains dropped and there was nothing on them
once the bassbot was selling well - the "hints" were quietly removed

iirc the bassbot's price was initially about as much as a 2nd hand 606, so the price of a brand new TT606 must have been surely more than that, and how many people would buy it then? btw.. isn't there an AcidLab 606 clone currently in a similar situation?
Old 2nd November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antto View Post
there was a marketing hint about a TT-606 in the very beginning which was (IMO) there just to boost the confidence in people so they buy the bassbot
they also registered domain names for tt-303 and tt-606, now those domains dropped and there was nothing on them
once the bassbot was selling well - the "hints" were quietly removed

iirc the bassbot's price was initially about as much as a 2nd hand 606, so the price of a brand new TT606 must have been surely more than that, and how many people would buy it then? btw.. isn't there an AcidLab 606 clone currently in a similar situation?
I would never have expected the 606 to be the same price as the 303. Perhaps 2/3rds, which would then make it 2/3rds the price of a real 606.

Then though why wouldn't one just put the extra €100 in and get the real deal.

Kinda seems like it's dead in the water now then.
Old 2nd November 2015
Gear Maniac

When I bought my TT-303 I asked Cyclone in an email about the rumoured 606 and got this reply....

Quote:
True, Drum drone TT-606 will be next.
That was back in April '14.
Old 2nd November 2015
Lives for gear

You can order the acidlab 606. There was a review in sos two issues back. Nothing but praise as far as i remeber
Attached Thumbnails
Cyclone Analogic TT-606 Drum Drone-14464977928031141154558.jpg  
Old 2nd November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy
I would never have expected the 606 to be the same price as the 303. Perhaps 2/3rds, which would then make it 2/3rds the price of a real 606.

Then though why wouldn't one just put the extra €100 in and get the real deal.

Kinda seems like it's dead in the water now then.
i meant, the 606 has more components.. 303 is one voice.. the 606 has a bunch of voices (they are simple-ish) each with VCAs..

when i sayd the AcidLab is in a similar situation i meant the price versus the price of a 2nd hand 606, and thus people are not gonna be buying it like hot cakes
Old 3rd November 2015
Lives for gear

TT-303 is only 438 Euros, the Acidlab Drumatix is 590, so it wouldn't be a bad deal if the TT-606 would cost the same as the TT-303, considering a TR-606 in mint condition would probably cost more and not have MIDI or individual outs.

The Acidlab is kind of cool, but also kind of ugly, and personally I don't care for the extra sounds and would prefer the extra trigger outputs on the toms. On the other hand, I noticed the Acidlab has DIN sync while the TT-303 doesn't, not that that would be a deciding factor for me to not get one.
Old 3rd November 2015
Know for a fact that it exists !!!! Somedy reported to me ( some months ago ) that he had a play with it and that it was awesome … but that does t mean this is gonna hit the streets one day !!!! just that there has been some prototypes built !!! I really would like to see a TT 606 in a near future

PEACE

MORDICUS
Old 10th May 2016
Z6Z
Gear Nut

Got some news for you!

Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z6Z View Post
Got some news for you!

no way.
That looks horrendous.

Last edited by Reptil; 13th May 2016 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: -
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Adding Rim Shot and Clap is a great idea. I assume they are both 808 style?
Old 10th May 2016
digital ears love analog

It doesn't look amazing but it isn't that bad... I guess you were expecting it to look like so close to the real thing like the TT-303 is to the TB-303... the text in the middle is kinda weird. But if it sounds good... eh... I buy gear for it's sound way more than for looks.
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Ai View Post
It doesn't look amazing but it isn't that bad... I guess you were expecting it to look like so close to the real thing like the TT-303 is to the TB-303... the text in the middle is kinda weird. But if it sounds good... eh... I buy gear for it's sound way more than for looks.
True, I agree with you there.

It does look remarkably like a silver Korg NanoThing to me though, and they're disposable £50 bits of kit (although I do admit to owning several and loving them).

My point it it would have to be substantially cheaper than a real TR606 to maintain my interest.
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

So it's just a direct 606 clone with no extra features?

Why would I buy this over the Acidlab Drumatix?
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfunkel View Post
So it's just a direct 606 clone with no extra features?

Why would I buy this over the Acidlab Drumatix?
What are you on about? It has extra sounds and features clearly shown on that picture...
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

I can't see stuff like individual outs or knobs to edit the sounds... ie standard fare on the Acidlab.
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Yeah I think it's a shame there's no individual outs. But the extra sounds, midi and roll + flam are new!

The acid lab is way different to the 606 IMO - its more like if the 808 and 606 got together one NYE with a bottle of rum and only each others company!
Old 10th May 2016
there'll also be a re-606, DIY again of course 606 are easy to mod too
Old 10th May 2016
Gear Head

Re: no individual outs

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFMPYjrrkCj/

Quote:
Originally Posted by carilekebuschbig @ instagram
thanx to the kind wizards at Cyclone - giving me this awe instrument! soon to be released - the TT-606, juicy analog((ic) drum drone. She is a beauty! sounds so sweet! Sep outputs, tone adjustings and many new functions. Bushman Audio proof upcoming ofc
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Instagram page says 'sep outputs'
I quite like the design.
Curious of the price.
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

If it's made out of plastic, no. If it's made out of metal, maybe. I already happily own the Acidlab Drumatix, but wouldn't mind getting this as well for battery powered 606 fun.
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Are we sure it runs on batteries?
Old 10th May 2016
Gear Addict
I wonder how much it will be!
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Why not use the TT303 style case, it looks a bit ugly?
Would have been nice to see some basic tuning controls and perhaps a high hat decay.
Still should be a funky sounding little machine.
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJB06 View Post
Would have been nice to see some basic tuning controls and perhaps a high hat decay.
Maybe the old 606 hihat decay trick will work?
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

I think I need one of these bad boys in my life.
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

It's not an iPhone case?
Old 10th May 2016
Gear Head

I like my TT-303 (sound) and want a 606 but i'll wait in case this one is released. I remember the price drop(s) of the TT-303
I want it to be good but i have little hope for the control and if there is high hat decay it will probably come years later and be a sorry excuse for an implementation. I also dread possible firmware updates with the 2 "dead" units i've had after trying to upgrade. And sequence entry maybe completely different from the original.. maybe the text for the button to the right reads "Next"

Sorry for the rant.
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear
Well it's no uglier than a TR-8...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search