The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??

Official page

Roland promo:

Sweetwater review:

Andertons first look:

Kraft music video:
Attached Thumbnails
Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-11205526_10153013728501097_4957927679415029458_n.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-12006230_10153013729031097_6410821567287147312_n.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-12015175_10153013728531097_1243673445259060789_o.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-12032236_10153013729356097_9181063194826986477_n.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-12039683_10153013728541097_7529286489691081363_n.jpg  

Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-jp08top.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-jp082.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-frontju06.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-frontjp03.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-xjp08top.jpg  

Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-xjp08side.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-xjp08back.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-xju06top.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-xju06side.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-xju06backup.jpg  

Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-xjx03top.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-xjx03side.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-xjx03back.jpg   Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-xjunder.jpg  

Last edited by CasimirsBlake; 1st October 2015 at 01:29 PM..
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Interesting... im thinking a collection of VA plugins at the moment. Like Korg Legacy Collection.

Edit: nope i see keys on those boxes..! Roland is making moves.

Last edited by patrickdafunk; 15th September 2015 at 10:51 AM..
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

I see keys on those boxes.

Maybe this is Roland's answer to the Analog game. They thought that perhaps actually releasing some analog synths under the regular Roland name would be risky so they've started a "botique" division for pricier analog units.

If this is a Jupiter-8, JX-3P and Juno in clone boxes I'm stoked.

Who knows if it will just be more plugout stuff.

I remember there being a rumor about a new Plugout unit for polyphonic synths.
That's not what this looks like.

I pray that these are actual analog clones of those older machines.
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Mmm... 2 octave keyboards with minikeys renders. Maybe it's some ipad app.
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

They finally fixed the VariOS?
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

OK, let's hope it's not another Korg Liverpool.
Old 15th September 2015
Gear Maniac

The term "Boutique", suggests a different price range from the Aira series, probably much higher and i dare to say that might be true analog (?).
Roland is testing the waters for some time now, they announced the modular line.....i guess now is the time to make the next step.
Hope they don't make a teasing fest again.....it gets tiring and frustrating. Only time will tell though...
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziak View Post
The term "Boutique", suggests a different price range from the Aira series, probably much higher and i dare to say that might be true analog (?).
Roland is testing the waters for some time now, they announced the modular line.....i guess now is the time to make the next step.
Hope they don't make a teasing fest again.....it gets tiring and frustrating. Only time will tell though...
Thinking the same.

boutique
buːˈtiːk/Submit
noun
noun: boutique; plural noun: boutiques
a small shop selling fashionable clothes or analog synthesizers of the highest quality
a business serving a sophisticated or specialized clientele.
"Japan's boutique analog polyphonic synthesizers"
Old 15th September 2015
Masters of hype.......
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

I say digital modules with stuff like acb for their old polys. Wouldn't get stuck on the boutique name as much as ppl here want 64 voice analog polys for 1000 bucks with knob per function. I'm sure they will sound good and will be affordabke to a degree but analogue, wouldn't think so.
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

So wait, Dave Smith decides to make a 6 voice poly synth with 4 octaves, now Roland makes a poly with 2 octaves? ....
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

whats the crack here then??
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Damn, didn't see the keys in that on my phone. I take it back. Roland is building a digital timberwolf
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Told you
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

I,m guessing 3 analog mono synths that utilizes one voice of the 3 Polys shown
Just makes no sense for a poly in this format.
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

I would guess VA. A two-octave J8alike if done in analogue would be expensive with conventional components (so you might as well give it a four- or five-octave keybed). To do an ASIC to get the size down would demand a high volume to make it economic. To do that three times for three different synths. Ouch.

But DSP plus some custom facias - the development and manufacturing cost isn't so bad.
Old 15th September 2015
Old 15th September 2015
Gear Guru

OK, last time after they did a video the official reveal took how many days again?

edit: just noticed the sizes again in the clip - it would be pretty cool if they're PG-200 sized.
Old 15th September 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
I say digital modules with stuff like acb for their old polys. Wouldn't get stuck on the boutique name as much as ppl here want 64 voice analog polys for 1000 bucks with knob per function. I'm sure they will sound good and will be affordabke to a degree but analogue, wouldn't think so.

That is a valid point regarding the mistrust in Roland's face from the crowd in this forum. But if it's going to be digital, ACB etc, why don't they stick on the AIRA line of products? Give their customers a System 8 (or 6 or whatever name they come up) with 4-5 octaves of proper key-bed and enough DSP power to run the ACB model of JP-8, etc.

Me thinks, the term Boutique is not just marketing though, they want to differentiate these products and touch a "smaller" user base . They prove themselves about analog stuff with the modular line (it's a co-production with Malleko, i know) and maybe that's the next step. They are really aware of the second hand market of their vintage stuff and might do something to redirect a part of that market to new versions.....just speculating here.
Who knows, maybe it's just VA hyped by the legacy stuff and that's it in the end!
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Got no time for this but....Here we go again, woohoo!

Ok, someone on a French forum had hinted at these coming, but wasn't sure if I could believe him or not... now I do. ( He goes by the name fxproject on audiofanzine )

He'd said this was a follow to AIRA, but it's not called AIRA, that an April fool of this year will turn out to be true (haven't figured out which he was referring to), that it's another mini-revival and return to the 80s new-wave, and that he sees these as big competition to Yamaha's Reface.

Make what you want of that.
Old 15th September 2015
Gear Head
This is like Roland doing their "Yamaha Reface"-thing.
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
Got no time for this but....Here we go again, woohoo!

Ok, someone on a French forum had hinted at these coming, but wasn't sure if I could believe him or not... now I do. ( He goes by the name fxproject on audiofanzine ).
We had a thread about a rumour about a new teaser campaign by Roland in September too:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elec...september.html
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Old 15th September 2015

Attached Thumbnails
Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??-roland.jpg  
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
, that it's another mini-revival
Please be careful with that word around here...
Old 15th September 2015
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchguy View Post
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchguy View Post
Maybe Roland is listening? Never forget:

Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Great video...start with the Jup8, then whittle that down to the JX3P, then throw away an oscillator to get a Juno 106 and 30 years later throw away everything

Last edited by enossified; 24th September 2015 at 09:17 PM..
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Subscribing.

Dem tiny keys on the boxes though. . .
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

looks interesting but.. what's up with this 2 octaves mini-keys obsession ( fashion ) ? It takes space, increases the price while being just not that useful. Just give me a keyless version, thank you.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search