The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
new Roland Aira Modular!
Old 21st April 2016
Lives for gear

Just want to reiterate that I'd really like a Reverb EFX, artifact-free and capable of extremes like the other modules.

GRF1: Time
GRF2: Size... or something

GRF3: Tone
GRF4: Dry/Wet

GRF5: Freeze
GRF6: Bypass

And maybe an extra button like on the Scooper to switch between modes (room, plate, spring, etc)

With the submodules you could go far with this. Modulate, filter, feedback tricks, add a pre-delay, gate it, pump it, riser machine, etc.

~~~

Also, a bit of patch memory for all modules, to recall a few of your favorite/most-used/performance-related custom submodule patches without needing to connect anything, would be nice.

Lastly, a "buffer" mode for Scooper that lets it act closer to the scatter on the TR-8, as in it's constant sampling on its own and you don't have to record a loop yourself. Feed it some clock/tempo, set the loop length with the record button, and then you can kick in the scatter on the last X seconds/bar of audio whenever needed.

This would be more instantaneous and eurorack-friendly.
Old 7th May 2016
Gear Head
I considering a demora to use as a combination of audio interface, effects unit and mixer, and was wondering if you can use the cv channels in the audio interface to record audio into the computer? (Possibly I'm remembering wrong and the cvs don't show up in the interface?)
Old 19th May 2017
Have had the Demora and Bitrazer for several months, but have been using a limited setup for most of that time. I was just messing around with the USB interface aspect of these units, and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with that. They are listed as 10-in/10-out, and that is how they show up in Audio MIDI setup. I set up an aggregate device with the Aira EFX and my interface. In Reaper, I can get signal coming in from the Demora on inputs 1 and 2, but then there are 8 more listed.

I figured the CV i/o would double as audio i/o, but if I pick Aira input 3 (or 4, or 5...) as my input in Reaper, none of the CV inputs on the unit respond to audio. Am I doing something wrong, or are inputs 3-10 all digital routing??
Old 19th May 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearanewworld View Post
Have had the Demora and Bitrazer for several months, but have been using a limited setup for most of that time. I was just messing around with the USB interface aspect of these units, and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with that. They are listed as 10-in/10-out, and that is how they show up in Audio MIDI setup. I set up an aggregate device with the Aira EFX and my interface. In Reaper, I can get signal coming in from the Demora on inputs 1 and 2, but then there are 8 more listed.

I figured the CV i/o would double as audio i/o, but if I pick Aira input 3 (or 4, or 5...) as my input in Reaper, none of the CV inputs on the unit respond to audio. Am I doing something wrong, or are inputs 3-10 all digital routing??
I haven't messed with the USB for audio/cv yet.. but there's a HUGE thread about these over on muffs that should have the info you're looking for.
Old 17th August 2017 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Update (Ver1.05) is available for these little beauties!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darxxxell View Post
Update (Ver1.05) is available for these little beauties!
Been out for awhile...?
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
Been out for awhile...?
Been out for a while but only in my machine since the beginning of the day. Someone helped me out earlier so I thought there may be a slight chance of helping someone else.

Got the Scooper and the Torcido. I thought I would use the Torcido on my drum bus but I am running my barbarian of bass - the earth shaking SE-1 - through it and it is more brutal in the most brilliant way than ever before!!!!!!

The Sub-Modules have blown me away. It is the most terrific introduction to modular as well as offering a groundbreaking take on this form of synthesis.

What an exciting time for synthesis and electronic musicians!
Old 25th June 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

For those who didn't know - these can work with the MX-1 mixer via the AIRA USB inputs - which means you now have an extra stereo analog input.

It also means you can add FX to your input, MIDI clock sync'd - and the inputs are dc-coupled.
📝 Reply