Promars plug out
Old 5th March 2015
Deleted c727f99
Promars plug out

Roland - PROMARS PLUG-OUT | Software Synthesizer
Old 5th March 2015
Lives for gear

"Coming Soon"

Yay! I guess this is why the Roland content store website went down recently.
Old 5th March 2015
Lives for gear

Yay indeed.. Though I have to wonder how different from the SH-2 this really is. The promars did have a different sounding filter I guess eh? It just seems like such a basic synth though.. just 2 oscs which always have the same waveform for each of the oscs, a mixer, a filter, an LFO and that's it.. Anyway if it's kinda affordable I might take the plunge again..lol.. or maybe i'll wait for a bit
Old 5th March 2015
Well, at least it appears that this one will also be available without the System 1, which is good. Interested to hear how it sounds compared to SH-2.

If memory serves it doesn't really sound at all like the SH-2, basically being a single voice Jupiter-4. At least same oscillators, filter, and fast LFO. The second envelope is quite nice....one envelope while doable can be a drag quite often.
Old 5th March 2015
Lives for gear

I have SH-09 and JP-4 and they don't really sound alike, so I imagine given their heritage, the SH-2/Promars should have the same sort of difference. If not, then they haven't modelled it properly.

I'm holding out for a five-octave System-2 (please Roland, better keybed) with JP-4 model. I'm sure the JP-4 won't be far off if they get the basic Promars correct.
Old 5th March 2015
The original looks rather different than the plugin. No VU meters on the original and the colored buttons are positioned differently. Don't know much about all the functions of the Promars. Wonder why they would change the panel so significantly.
Old 5th March 2015
Lives for gear

Well I see you can now actually mix the levels of the oscillators and noise (rather than just on/off) and you gain an arp which gets you near JP-4 territory.

The really sad omission I can see is the complete lack of performance section, which was great on the JP-4/Promars.

Not really sure why they included the Delay/Bend section as this was only necessary as you couldn't adjust the LFO once it was stored as a patch.
Old 5th March 2015
this is the one synth where the monophonic limit is most frustrating as a poly ProMars would be like a better Jupiter-4, but of the initial three this is the one of which I'm most excited. I'm eager to hear it.
Old 5th March 2015
hopefully it will sound like this:

Old 5th March 2015
Lives for gear

There was this quick preview by FM from Namm. Oddly enough it seems to be the only preview.

Sounds pretty good to me.. but I'd need to hear a bit more to really be able to tell.
Old 5th March 2015
Gear Maniac

Due 12/3
Old 5th March 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
The original looks rather different than the plugin. No VU meters on the original and the colored buttons are positioned differently. Don't know much about all the functions of the Promars. Wonder why they would change the panel so significantly.
Just speculation on my part here, but maybe it comes with different skins, like the SH101.

These plugins/plugouts are getting dangerously addictive And if Roland would take the logical step by releasing a polyphonic version of the System-1 with more dsp power - I would grab one the instant its released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLofgren View Post
Just speculation on my part here, but maybe it comes with different skins, like the SH101.

These plugins/plugouts are getting dangerously addictive And if Roland would take the logical step by releasing a polyphonic version of the System-1 with more dsp power - I would grab one the instant its released.
the sh-2 has 2 skin options
sh-2 old style and system 1 style.

also there are 'size' options..VERY useful for old eyes like mine..i use 150% for editing.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
Due 12/3
Do you mean March 12th, or December 3rd?

And, where did you get this information?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by :Metaphor: View Post
Do you mean March 12th, or December 3rd?

And, where did you get this information?
It's the uk way to do dates: Day/Month/Year, whilst yanks seem to go Month/Day/Year for some strange reason...i.e the 12th of March 2015 is how you'd speak it surely(or not?)

PS, I will be buying this...that's why I am in the thread!
Old 5th March 2015
Gear Maniac

Sorry to our friends from over the pond, 12th March 2015 was the date quoted in an email I received from Roland UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
It's the uk way to do dates: Day/Month/Year, whilst yanks seem to go Month/Day/Year for some strange reason...i.e the 12th of March 2015 is how you'd speak it surely(or not?)

PS, I will be buying this...that's why I am in the thread!
No we would just say March 12th, doesn't seem strange to me.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_expresso View Post
So do your clocks display hours:seconds:minutes too? ????
Lives for gear

Quote:
We are just taught to say 'the 12th of March of the year 2015' in the uk, all our dates are like this, even legal documents, I guess in the USA your legal documents are the other way, i.e 3/12/15....I have found this confusing before until I clicked that across the water is opposite...
Old 5th March 2015
Lives for gear

Take my money! The Roland website had me at this feature:

Quote:
" ... With two detunable VCOs ... "
............. But after this?

Than what?
Lives for gear
Quote:
For what its worth, that makes more sense to me purely for the economy of losing the word 'of'.

I also wish we could use/say 'bitchen' convincingly as well in England, but I sound like Hugh Grant chastizing a labrador puppy when I say it.

Oh...the plug-in. YES!
Old 5th March 2015
Gear Maniac

I'd be all over this if they would release an AAX version. Come on, Roland!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
We are just taught to say 'the 12th of March of the year 2015' in the uk, all our dates are like this, even legal documents, I guess in the USA your legal documents are the other way, i.e 3/12/15....I have found this confusing before until I clicked that across the water is opposite...
Yeah ours would be 3/12/15, a lot of music I listen to comes out overseas though so I've gotten used to both. Sometimes I don't even know which one to follow when looking at stuff.

Looking forward to the plugin, curious what it sounds like. Don't know much about this synth besides the little info they put.
Old 5th March 2015
Lives for gear

Vu meters good one, another mono?
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
hopefully it will sound like this:

now that's a synthesizer...blimey that was awesome..!!!
Old 5th March 2015
Gear Guru

The plug out what little I heard via that video sounds bloody good to me...I've already talked myself out of this system before for other things, this now re-ignites my gas for it again...and a bloke at work is offering me an as new Moog little Phatty for $700...aaarrrgghhh..!!

Think I'll stick to my plan if I can..
Moisturiser next purchase, then Avalon, then ONE synth only..Moog or System 1.
Old 5th March 2015
Deleted c727f99
I just ordered one (system1), £11 a [email protected]%apr for 3 years, I heard the price drop is temporary,
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Moog or System 1
well, the System-1 is way cooler than a Little Phatty but if you're talking VoyagerXL?... but no, I'd still rather have the S1.

enjoy your Moisturizer though, that would be a fun fun box to have ..it's too bad that he discontinued the Polygamist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted c727f99 View Post
I just ordered one (system1), £11 a [email protected]%apr for 3 years, I heard the price drop is temporary,
I think the bundle with ableton live lite is temporary but the price will stay around £370

ableton live 9 has just 8 tracks..nice for a freeby but 1/2 of garageband for ipad in reality
so worth around £1.50...okay maybe more!

live intro is 79 euros and has 16 tracks...same as garageband on ipad

Added Value:
On top of the price reduction Roland are also providing even more added value
- Free SH-101 PlugOut included in the box for download
- Free Ableton Live Lite License – A customized version of the music making software Ableton Live. Live 9 Lite is packaged with selected products and provides a fresh and easy way to write music, record audio, and produce songs. Plus, Live is a powerful performance tool for the stage. To redeem end-users simply need to register their product HERE and send proof of purchase to [email protected]. On receipt of this Roland will then send an activation code directly to the end-user.

Last edited by cresshead; 5th March 2015 at 11:24 PM..
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted c727f99 View Post
Welcome to the club

I haven't regretted buying the S1 for one second.. It's such a fun lil synth, with such a big sound. Never thought a digital synth would sound this convincingly analog.
📝 Reply