The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Promars plug out
Old 7th May 2015
The filter automated arp in this that runs from beginning to almost end is Promars plugin. I don't know if it's a sound that I couldn't have created with any other synth, but I like it a lot.

Old 7th May 2015
Here for the gear
Ok, I really like the way Roland is going at the moment, BUT as a Studio musican I have to say that the complete Aira Series look like freakin plastic toys but thats a matter of taste I guess.

But why are there no friggin rack versions? Everything "modern" built nowadays is made as a Standalone, Desktop or Minikey Version.
Old 7th May 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonkite View Post
Ok, I really like the way Roland is going at the moment, BUT as a Studio musican I have to say that the complete Aira Series look like freakin plastic toys but thats a matter of taste I guess.

But why are there no friggin rack versions? Everything "modern" built nowadays is made as a Standalone, Desktop or Minikey Version.
Roland just announced the System 1m, which is a rack version.
Old 7th May 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by login View Post
Roland just announced the System 1m, which is a rack version.
I got my hands on it last night, in addition to the new modules, .... it's frigging fantastic. Roland, as I have said before, I was way off in my initial kind of dismissive approach to the AIRA line, but I eat my shoes, they had a vision, and they are doing it right. I had no idea of what they had in mind, and their implementation of this, and pulling in and coordinating with the modular world are smart smart smart. And sound great.
Old 8th May 2015
Gear Head

I'm no regular poster here but on the Roland game I'd like to make a point that seems really important for me. I do think the overall System-1 concept is amazing, however, the keyboard still small and not really professional to suit me. I mean, really, I was looking for something like this for years, just think about it - the board with lots of Roland style controls, sweet slider-pot combination, logically placed and not just a couple of pot/encoder rows, all automatically mapped to the needed parameters of several very nice sounding additive synth emulations from Roland history, let alone original/emulation holy wars. Yea, I hear you naysayers, looks Tron, kids stuff, no display, etc. But look NI make a huge story around their Komplete keys now, open mappings and whatnot but this thing is here, ready to play, new plug-outs coming. Just remember this guy who made custom wooden-cheeks boards with lots of panel controls for his favorite soft synths (one of them was PolyAna), his dream has just come true, remember also this NRPN vs CC nightmares. Additive style panel layout is still relevant, don't underestimate that, and of course it's more than feasible for good old synths so I think it's big, big step forward. Kudos, Roland.
Old 8th May 2015 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave View Post
The filter automated arp in this that runs from beginning to almost end is Promars plugin. I don't know if it's a sound that I couldn't have created with any other synth, but I like it a lot.

This one sounds terrific, very smooth, delicate and musical to my ears. I remember these magical progressions in Daft Punk's Motherboard track and I think Promars plugout can easily do it.
Old 13th July 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendejo View Post
I've zero interest in Roland's plug-ins/outs but this gives me massive GAS for a Promars! What a great synth.
Haha, in the end I couldn't resist...I have a Promars, in mint condition, incoming. Love the sound, looks, the whole package..
📝 Reply