The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer DeepMind 12
Old 1 week ago
Its Continues to Get Better

I've had a bit of a crash course with this, and feel I've really got my pulse on the basic workflow here (I understand subtractive synthesis fairly well--or think I do---so merely implementing that sort of discipline with it and the results have met if not exceeded my expectations no doubt).

Most of presets I've initalized have been Bass sounds thus far, and they have been as vast as any single synth I can remember. I've mad some fantastic sub layers and think I've created 20 different bass sounds today alone.

Now simply trying to "sequence" the Barney Miller theme show bass line with the ARP. Also love actual control sequencer (something I've not leveraged in a while, but this makes it pretty easy).

All in all, as I assumed to really love this synth you have to spend time with it and really become intimate. Once the little light turned on for me, (ie workflow) it was balls to the wall grooving, and I'd say I've only tapped in to 15-20% of it's potential.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by liviou2004 View Post
Of course, I'm not you ! So I can't say if you will have the same enthousiasm as me.
The possibilities it offers are really vast.
That's all I can say !
Well, I'm me, and so yeah....I can vouch for it. ?

Okay, well I have some of the same synths as you, and echo your enthusiasm for this. The first few days I was up and down with it, but once I had my "ahah" moment with the basic structure of implementing its work flow---I just think "genius" to myself.
Also, while I'm one of those who will find good in most any synth, I'm also going to call it like I see it (so many folks seem to love something merely because they have it) but this one is legit. Can't wait to begin incorporating my new presets in to some beats. I'm actually jumping off the synth for the day....I've been on it nearly eight straight hours (literally). Ha ha
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I have a Behringer deepmind 12, It's an analog synthesizer but with a digital front end. That means if You create a sound using the faders ; the digital part of the synth van save all fader settings so the sound can be recalled again even when the synth has been plugged out and restarted again call up your saved sound and it sounds exactly as being created. The faders are not motorized so you can tweak your sound further, save it again and stored. The default presets are made the same way.
Old 1 week ago
Behringer Deepmind Free Ambient Patches

Hello everybody, I just finished my second part of patches for Behringer Deepmind. All patches are available for free/pay-what-you-wish via link in the YouTube video description.
Actually I used to stick to kind of ambient mood in sound design, so these patches mostly reveal calm side of the synth. Also here I tried to use built in effects and even mapped delay parameters to MOD and PITCH wheel to control it while playing, which is kinda fun.
Anyway, hope it will be useful!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'm having a wacky issue with my DM12D - when I play a note, the LEDs are lighting up backwards - from 12 to 1.
It doesn't affect performance, but is annoying.

Oh and another thing, it seems like it's 2 octaves too high on all patches??

Anyone else seeing this?

Any ideas for a fix?

Last edited by cramseur; 1 week ago at 05:02 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramseur View Post
I'm having a wacky issue with my DM12D - when I play a note, the LEDs are lighting up backwards - from 12 to 1.
It doesn't affect performance, but is annoying.
I'm not sure to understand ! All Deepmind are working that way : LEDs are lighting on and off from 12 to 1 acccording to the used voices (1 or 2 or three etc...at a time). It's a normal operation
So, I don't see where is the issue ?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible.dee View Post

I COULDN'T TURN THE F&%KING DIGITAL FX OFF!!!!

You can't truss it.
This appears to be complete logic failure.
Or a troll...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

...or both?...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by liviou2004 View Post
I'm not sure to understand ! All Deepmind are working that way : LEDs are lighting on and off from 12 to 1 acccording to the used voices (1 or 2 or three etc...at a time). It's a normal operation
So, I don't see where is the issue ?
Ahh, i thought tgey woild light up from 1-12 depending on how many were bring used (so if one key press used 3 voices, then lights 1,2,and 3 would light). On mine i will get lights 12, 11, and 10 lighting up. Then yhe next key press will light 9.8.and 7...etc.

If this is normal then cool.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible.dee View Post
I can program a DX7 mrk1 from scratch,I can program a Matrix 6 no problem...I program Roland R8's to do things most people don't even know they can do.

But anytime I tried to demo a DM I COULDN'T TURN THE F&%KING DIGITAL FX OFF!!!!

And EVERY PATCH WAS DRENCHED IN THEM.

You can't truss it.
have another go. plan what you're gonna do. go back in, take a deep breath - *breathe*, don't let the stress get to you - and then focus on turning off all the FX. f*** factory presets, loads of otherwise decent synths are festooned with them. ( at least that's what i'm telling myself until i get hands on one )

Last edited by ibtl; 1 week ago at 06:08 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibtl View Post
f*** factory presets, loads of otherwise decent synths are festooned with them. ( at least that's what i'm telling myself until i get hands on one )
I felt a few of the factory presets were worth editing, if only as a learning experience. Starting with the default basic patch works better for me. The classic Juno patches someone posted are good too.

Turning off the effects is easy enough. You just go into the Fx settings and set them to Bypass.

Doing that for 1,024 presets (or about 900 plus some repeats) would be a pain, but doing it before playing each one isn't a hardship. If it's being demoed in a shop, you could do them a favour by saving the patch again, with the effects turned off

I prefer parameter drift turned off too. Using oscillator drift on a DCO synth is fair enough, but randomising other parameters as you play, is taking it a step too far.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHornBlower View Post

Turning off the effects is easy enough. You just go into the Fx settings and set them to Bypass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHornBlower View Post
Doing that for 1,024 presets (or about 900 plus some repeats) would be a pain,
a decent software librarian could let you copy a default preset many times.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Here's a jam on mine, no external FX / processing

Happy synth day!

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search