The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer DeepMind 12 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 6th April 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpongled View Post
for other australians out there, i have heard back from a local retailer with further info.

"We now have price and shipping details:
$2199 RRP AUD, street price $1829 (will advertise it slightly higher), due end of April"

a little bit higher than i was hoping :(

that RRP works out to around $1676 USD, crazy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by smacca View Post
not sure if its been mentioned yet...
for the Aussies, $1999 ($2199 rrp) end of June.
Old 6th April 2017
Gear Addict

Deepmind 12 $850

$850 on USA Ebay Music Group Site.Refurbished with full 3 yr warranty and Free shipping.

Behringer DeepMind 12BEHRINGER DEEPMIND 12 True Analog Polyphonic Synthesizer -Step Control Sequencer | eBay
Old 6th April 2017
Lives for gear

This synth is awesome. Thank you to all who have posted samples and tutorials showing what this beauty can do. That is all.
Old 9th April 2017
Here for the gear

Can anyone shed some light on when the Deepmind will be available in AUS????? Getting tired of waiting
Old 9th April 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverdowie View Post
Can anyone shed some light on when the Deepmind will be available in AUS????? Getting tired of waiting
If you haven't done it already, I'd recommend sending an inquiry to Behringer support.
Old 9th April 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
It will be available when you hunted down all the crocodiles!

No seriously man I don't know, but I have a slight memory that it was responded previously in the thread, even by Uli.
Old 9th April 2017
Gear Nut

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has posted their demos for us all to see/hear. Very much appreciated, seems like a fun synth.
Old 9th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Uli replied a couple of weeks ago, where he said they'd be shipping a couple of hundred synths to Australia.

Might be good to book one if you're intent on buying.
Old 9th April 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
i posted a few pages back with the exact details i was provided by a local retailer if you want to go hunting, but from memory they said end of april with a RRP of about $2199 and a street price around $1850-$1999 depending on retailer. someone else then posted they had been informed it would be in june (at least i think it was june... again, relying on the old memory )
Old 9th April 2017
Lives for gear

Some more sounds from the DM 12 without any effects on them. No internal effects and no DAW effects.
Just so that one can hear the pure synth.

Old 10th April 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:

Hi Everyone,
As per the posts from shpongled we can confirm that the retailer is correct!
We will have initial shipment of stock arriving at the end of April.
The RRP will be $1899 in Australia! (Street price as normal will be set by the retailers themselves).
We are looking forward to getting our hands on the Deepmind 12 and getting them out to stores as soon as the stock comes in!
The Australis Music Team
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer DeepMind 12-3.jpg  
Old 10th April 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustralisMusic View Post
Hi Everyone,
As per the posts from shpongled we can confirm that the retailer is correct!
We will have initial shipment of stock arriving at the end of April.
The RRP will be $1899 in Australia! (Street price as normal will be set by the retailers themselves).
We are looking forward to getting our hands on the Deepmind 12 and getting them out to stores as soon as the stock comes in!
The Australis Music Team
your specified RRP $1899 is a fair bit lower than their stated RRP of $2199 (resulting in their street price of $1850). does this mean they were wrong about the RRP and it is in fact lower?

i know this is what you just said, but i want to confirm as it means i can probably expect a lower street price too, which puts the DM12 back on the table for me

thanks!

Last edited by shpongled; 10th April 2017 at 04:33 AM..
Old 10th April 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
your specified RRP $1899 is a fair bit lower than their stated RRP of $2199 (resulting in their street price of $1850). does this mean they were wrong about the RRP and it is in fact lower?

i know this is what you just said, but i want to confirm as it means i can probably expect a lower street price too, which puts the DM12 back on the table for me

thanks!

Hey shpongled,
The retailer was working on our initial estimates - but we have all been working hard to get the best pricing possible and can confirm that as a result across everyone we're able to bring them in to Australia at a confirmed RRP of $1899!!
The Australis Music Team
Old 10th April 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustralisMusic View Post
Hey shpongled,
The retailer was working on our initial estimates - but we have all been working hard to get the best pricing possible and can confirm that as a result across everyone we're able to bring them in to Australia at a confirmed RRP of $1899!!
The Australis Music Team
that's great - thanks for confirming
Old 10th April 2017
RiF
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive View Post
Some more sounds from the DM 12 without any effects on them. No internal effects and no DAW effects.

Those sound good! Very organic. And thanks for letting me hear just the plain synth.
Old 10th April 2017
Lives for gear

Anyone been able to get close to the Juno chorus on the DM12?
Old 10th April 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
I've read somewhere that using two times the chorus in the effect chain did the trick.
Not tried by myself, there are so much effects to play with and I prefer to create new sounds and not to re-create Juno ones.

My favorite effect on the Deepming for now is the dual pitch-shifter. Feeding his input with his output in a feedback loop gives some really crazy sounds
Old 10th April 2017
Here for the gear

Thanks for the info everyone. Glad the Aus RRP is going to be lower than $2199!! That would've been completely ridiculous
Old 10th April 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikroom View Post
Have a listen to my Patches, I've done a lot of Pads/Strings. Skip to 07:10 for 'Holy Grail', has a nice sound to it, not far from my old JX-10.
That patch sounds amazing!
Old 11th April 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
I have been working on nailing it exactly with the Zoom MS-70CDR. As soon as I perfect it, I'll post the "recipe." The Zoom allows you to chain up to 6 effects in the pedal at once and it has a CE1 emulation that gets pretty close without any effort but I've been getting closer. It can definitely do it. I don't think you can nail it exactly with just the built-in effects though.
Old 11th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive View Post

I am preferring the these raw sound snippets myself and it definitely has its own thing going on truth be told which is a good thing. I'd still like to try one out in Canada but lord heaven knows how long a wait that's going to be.
Old 11th April 2017
Gear Maniac

still loving the deepmind, but I have a question about syncing the apeggiator to an external midi clock. this seemed to work at first using the midi setting in the arpeggiator sub menu, but now the rhythm of the arpeggio shifts by fits and starts whenever the bpm readout on the deepmind changes the value (usually within 2 or 3 bpm) that displays the bpm of the incoming clock.
I'm using the beatstep pro as mmc controler, and it's the master clock for 2 other drum machines which follow it perfectly (routed through a motu midi express pro).
I'm very likely overlooking something. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyham View Post
still loving the deepmind, but I have a question about syncing the apeggiator to an external midi clock. this seemed to work at first using the midi setting in the arpeggiator sub menu, but now the rhythm of the arpeggio shifts by fits and starts whenever the bpm readout on the deepmind changes the value (usually within 2 or 3 bpm) that displays the bpm of the incoming clock.
I'm using the beatstep pro as mmc controler, and it's the master clock for 2 other drum machines which follow it perfectly (routed through a motu midi express pro).
I'm very likely overlooking something. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Impossible to tell what's the reason from the distance, but I suggest you change your configuration for a test and let one of the drum machines be the master and connect that to the DM12 and see if that behaves different.
Old 11th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Life View Post
That patch sounds amazing!
Thanks, I worked hard on that Patch, in fact there's a few like it...Pads is what this Behringer Beast does best!
Old 11th April 2017
lxm
Gear Addict

Its a REAL shame they didnt add Multi Timbral/MPE support.
Old 12th April 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxm View Post
Its a REAL shame they didnt add Multi Timbral/MPE support.
i agree - it's really the only big thing missing for me. with 12 voices it would've been great to even have just two parts to use. i imagine it would've created more problems though, given the integration of effects into the mod matrix etc - you'd either need to make the effects global and somehow still incorporate them into the mod matrix, or include a second effects unit and increase the cost.
Old 13th April 2017
Deepmind arpeggiation & a slight vinyl degradation and... complete!

(I tweaked a factory patch and made it a bit more "synthy". But it still feels a bit like an acoustic guitar.)
Old 13th April 2017
Lives for gear

Some of the earlier demos showed a really nice unison. Rather than it being perfectly in phase & just louder it kinda glistened beautifully, like gold. Anyone have any good examples of this?

i'm hoping it was the unison and not any effects
Old 13th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasseru View Post
Some of the earlier demos showed a really nice unison. Rather than it being perfectly in phase & just louder it kinda glistened beautifully, like gold. Anyone have any good examples of this?

i'm hoping it was the unison and not any effects
It is impossible for an analog synth (yes, even a digitally controlled one) to have oscillators perfectly in phase, if there is no "oscillator restart on key press" activated.
And even then, they will be in phase only right at the start.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search