The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer DeepMind 12 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 7th July 2016
PES
Lives for gear

The design looks promising, and it sounds good. I hope it's not trying to be an existing synth from the old days.

Excited to see more of this.
Old 7th July 2016
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
To me that looks like a Analog chorus section:

http://www.behringer.com/synth/internet.php
Cool. Soooooo they included analog chorus section on the analog synth. Seems legit!
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

monosynth oh whiee
Old 7th July 2016
Why are we all dancing around the obvious and important question:

Is this real wood?

Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Ok so now we will see what they are made of, interesting and just in time for me as I was close to spending a little bit of pocket money but now I'll wait.

Bring it Behringer, I'm no marque snob
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

cheeks!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer DeepMind 12-cheeks.jpg  
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wozniak View Post
Possibly to not give away that it's a poly yet?

I hate these teasers as much as anyone.
I'm mildly interested, because I'm always curious to check
out a new synth, but the Behringer name hasn't exactly
been synonymous with quality.

I remain cautiously optimistic.
Fair enough but Lately and for some time their gear has been decent level.

Honestly expect this to be a really good effort, they've taken long enough since the initial announcement form the gaffer and there's no way they'll enter a new market with a bag of ****, they know business.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

But PLEASE get on with it and don't release a string of crap vids
Old 7th July 2016
I'm thinking this might be really worthy, although not in the market for another hardware synth at the moment. We'll see by this time next year, as I make some extra cash mowing lawns in the summer. Hopefully we'll have some out in the wild and quality control issues (if any) will be documented. I used to be a preorder wh0re, but I've learned my lesson. I'll let others take the first dive into the deep end.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post

there's no way they'll enter a new market with a bag of ****, they know business.
It works for Arturia.
If something is cheap enough, somebody will buy it. Crap build and all.

Like I said, I remain cautiously optimistic.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Another teaser next week:
[...]

It is not much, but one thing we can already tell: already next week may AMAZONA.de follow up on an exclusive teaser - and then there's always the video developer interview. It is therefore certainly a hot summer.

More News for the first Behringer Analog Synthesizer so there will be during the next week! We can not wait !!!!
Google translation from Amazona.de . Hot summer, mmm.

Also, Peter Grandl, who's had a chance to play the synth, says in the comments it'll be the synth of the year and nearly outright says it's polyphonic.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VST View Post
If it is a poly, why on earth did no one play a chord?
Could be also because the product isn't finished. behringer is known by announcing stuff way ahead of realising it.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

i think it sounds very good especially given the price point...(behringer asked would you buy a sub $500 synth last year) and this is the response..if it is indeed around the 500 mark they will sell a ton of these.it looks similar to a juno too from the quick pics in the vid.
cant wait to see and hear this.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
It works for Arturia.
Yes, but if you do that then it's probably not a good idea to put what is effectively your "premium product" label on it (The Midas name), because then you tarnish the image of other products with that label, current and future.

I would have thought that from a marketing point of view it would be better to keep that label for flagship products, and then if they want to release a "cheap and nasty" synth that they can sell by the truck load, just label that as a Bahringer.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
Cool. Soooooo they included analog chorus section on the analog synth. Seems legit!
Spoof link aside, it's worth nothing that Behringer are probably in the strongest position of any manufacturer to do that, since they manufacture their own BBDs.

But digital effects on analogue synths seem to be pretty well accepted these days, and they give more bang for the buck, so I'm not really expecting an analogue chorus.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hodgson View Post

Yes, but if you do that then it's probably not a good idea to put what is effectively your "premium product" label on it (The Midas name)

Didn't notice this had the Midas name on it as well!
I remain a little more optimistic!
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hodgson View Post
Yes, but if you do that then it's probably not a good idea to put what is effectively your "premium product" label on it (The Midas name), because then you tarnish the image of other products with that label, current and future.

I would have thought that from a marketing point of view it would be better to keep that label for flagship products, and then if they want to release a "cheap and nasty" synth that they can sell by the truck load, just label that as a Bahringer.
Uli Behringer has spoken several times about personally invested he is in the success of this synth, as an engineer and as a keyboard player.

Highly unlikely that he would not proudly put his own name on the product.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Looks and sounds promising. I like the sliders! From the hints dropped on the Amazona.de page, I'd say this will almost certainly be a polysynth.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by asynchro_nous View Post
Uli Behringer has spoken several times about personally invested he is in the success of this synth, as an engineer and as a keyboard player.

Highly unlikely that he would not proudly put his own name on the product.
Oh, the Behringer name will be on there for sure, in fact you see it in the video.

But Uli's no idiot, he knows that his name is not synonimous with quality. The Midas aquisition has been very good for the company not just in terms of technology and skills acquired, but also with the association of that name with quality.

If we look at this earlier video, the Midas association and name are front and centre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FINHTxlJwJA

My point is that although Behringer might be willing to release some cheap plasticy synths down the line, I doubt that this is going to be one. Partly because of the already existing association with the Midas label which is worth so much to the company in marketing terms (and also partly because as you point out, Uli has said he's personally invested in it, it would be bad for his personal reputation if the knobs fell off the first time you played it).

Of course this is just me guessing at the thinking of marketing departments.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

lol @ R Devine - makes fart noises, says "it sounds very modular" as he nods in approval.
Old 7th July 2016
Gear Addict

Lots of starts and stops with this project. I think we first discussed it 3 or 4 years ago! Anyway the official teaser is out, so with luck, next week we'll get to see and hear it. I just hope it's worth the wait.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

r devine will put his name on anything hes the same as rudess they love the attention.too be honest i think devines overated his presets are everywere but very very little of them are of any actual use theres much better presets by other people out there.back on track though the synth does seem to have a lot of bottom end which is nice.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
It works for Arturia.

Like I said, I remain cautiously optimistic.
Haah yeah fair play , I kind of share the sentiment but I do like to think of Behringer (the modern B at least) as being more savvy and hardware driven than Arturia.

As with my first post, I suppose now we shall see what they are made of, the synth world waits with baited breath.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

So far I like what I hear. But video sounds bit post-produced. Still interested in raw sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeth13 View Post
lol @ R Devine - makes fart noises, says "it sounds very modular" as he nods in approval.
Isn't it what usual modular video looks like -- 30 seconds of farts recorded on phone and then person is saying "x is very modular/analog/warm".
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaintjohn View Post
Why are we all dancing around the obvious and important question:

Is this real wood?

I hope it uses some exotic wood type like the Minilogue.

My main problem with the Minilogue is that the wood is on the back panel so you don't see it when it's set up on a stand or desk.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

wow i have no gearlust for overpriced Moogs at all but i am really curious about this one, if its affordable and with knobs it would be great !!!!!
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post

Bring it Behringer, I'm no marque snob
Damn straight!
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassX View Post
wow i have no gearlust for overpriced Moogs at all but i am really curious about this one, if its affordable and with knobs it would be great !!!!!
Old 7th July 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassX View Post
Even cooler: it's got sliders!

It looks like it's very slender however, even less deep than the Prophet 6/OB6.
Old 7th July 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot gigante View Post
Damn straight!
have to see more got other synths so this would have to be good to worth buying
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search