The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer DeepMind 12 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 7th July 2016
Gear Nut

Those keys look too big!
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

OMG that's the super recognizable Roland front panel font. The faders are all too familiar as well. Looks monophonic.
Old 7th July 2016
Gear Nut

Sounds like it has loop able envelopes at the start, it has sync, it sounds like it has a high pass, two mod wheels and sample and hold. Looks pretty cool (from what I can see)
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Seems to be a 2 osc monosynth.. Sounds nice and juicy though. I'm a bit surprised that it's just a mono.. I was kindof expecting a poly.. but we'll see

Also: there's a button that says: 'Analog'. Not sure what that implies, as it was supposed to be a proper analog synth anyway, right?
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Very interesting. This has been a long time in the making, and I have a feeling they've come up with something pretty good.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

I'm positive it's a poly, and the modern Jupiter some have been waiting for, with some major twists.

Speaking of wait, I'll arbitrarily say it'll take a month before the full reveal.
Old 7th July 2016
Gear Addict

Why is the company doing such stupid teaser.I understand if the product is not ready than small teaser always inform as about progress ect. I would rather see mr. Uli himself showed this full working synth video similar to Dave Smith introduction videos.

16 voice polyphony???

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Old 7th July 2016
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
<rant suit on>

mmmm kay, as soon as i heard that distorted sound, i was like ... kthankxbye.

But we shall see. Perhaps they eventually make a proper demo. It is what sells the product after all. But with these ubiquitous distorted wanna-be analog patches, that we already have around 90,000 presets lying around in about every software synth i can think of, i don't think they will get too far.

Send me the fckin synth and i'll make you a proper fckin demo! This is really becoming irritating. And with other companies as well. Same distorted patches. Over and over. Again, again and again. Enough already. PLEASE!!!
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Haters gonna hate

That sounds like my next synth! Sounds very fat and overdrive

It would be nice to be to see face expressions in Arturia, DSi and Novation offices today :D
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by payt View Post
Also: there's a button that says: 'Analog'. Not sure what that implies, as it was supposed to be a proper analog synth anyway, right?
Could be the FX section
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
Can't help but say this: that teaser feels a bit...no, a lot like the Reface ones
i wonder if the keys are made by a piano player
Old 7th July 2016
Deleted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Burrito View Post
Haters gonna hate

That sounds like my next synth! Sounds very fat and overdrive

It would be nice to be to see face expressions in Arturia, DSi and Novation offices today :D
yeah, it's always nice to see face expressions in small(er) companies when a fattie joins the game
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by decoder23 View Post
yeah, it's always nice to see face expressions in small(er) companies when a fattie joins the game
Well, same happened with Minilogue. Arturia head designer said that they don't know how Korg pulled it off and they can't compete with it.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

I reckon it's a Poly, either 6 or 8 Voice, full size keys with Aftertouch and about £1,000...I'm in if it is...hell, i'm in no matter.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Yusynth/Yves Usson (who said Arturia couldn't do what Korg did) is not Arturia's head designer, he co-developed/worked on the circuits of the Minibrute, Microbrute, and was consulted for the MatrixBrute but that's it AFAIK. He keeps in contact with them but I'm not sure he's an employee.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

I like the wheels, quite Moogish. I hope I'm wrong but it does look more like a mono to me.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

The thing im most interested in is the price, tbh.
Old 7th July 2016
If its $18.50 theyll shift a bucket load!
Old 7th July 2016
VST
Lives for gear

If it is a poly, why on earth did no one play a chord?

Surely they don't want people thinking it's mono if it is poly, right?

Richard liked it, but he also had nothing bad to say about the Rhythm Wolf
Old 7th July 2016
Korg beat them to the Odyssey so it looks like they decided to clone an SH-101 instead. If it sounds good They will sell a lot. If it is one-knob-per-parameter (unlike the Bass Station II) then I'm dfinitely interested too.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

they could have jdxa style hybrid with the same controls but different waveforms/filters. more traditional square, saw, triangle and 24/12 lpf and the digital side could have some different noises as oscillators and various filters and you stack the two sounds together.
Old 7th July 2016
a great thing about this synth being Behringer; once released won't take long to get in stores

sound in the clip reminded me of Eowave Magma ... softer 101.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by payt View Post

I don't think the button is for "Analog", you can see a label above the lighted button that is blurred out. The "Analog" is just part of the text along the bottom of the face plate where you can't see the rest of what follows
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

It looks like Juno or PolySix. Analogue button is probably fx. Let's hope it has analog and sigital multifx.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VST View Post

Surely they don't want people thinking it's mono if it is poly, right?

Richard liked it, but he also had nothing bad to say about the Rhythm Wolf

Was gonna make the same snarky comment about Richard...because he seems to endorse everything. Maybe a proper Jordan Rudess demo is on the way...

With all that said, it still sounds better than a Matrix Brute, and will probably get released sooner, and be cheaper. Not necessarily built any better, but I have a feeling it won't be $2000 at least..
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

My body is ready
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

my bet is that it will come in around 300 euros if it's mono and 500 if it's a 4 voice like minilogue
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VST View Post

Possibly to not give away that it's a poly yet?

I hate these teasers as much as anyone.
I'm mildly interested, because I'm always curious to check
out a new synth, but the Behringer name hasn't exactly
been synonymous with quality.

I remain cautiously optimistic.
Old 7th July 2016
Gear Nut

Sounds great to me but I've never had a true vco analog synth.
Old 7th July 2016
Gear Nut

BEHRINGER Synth Vol. 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_KYEtspRa0
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search