The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer DeepMind 12 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 9th August 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
not really comparing it to anything, just expressing how that demo sounds, my ears are super sensitive to harsh sounds, still sounds good though, really all I'm interested in how the filter sounds and how creative can we get with it and the effects..
Yes, it's barely usable for me too this way, but gives some rich stuff for the filter to work on.

Would be interesting to compare it to Juno pure oscillator, Minilogue, OB6..

All the best,
Marcus
Old 9th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
But I embedded it so I'm dm12 to your juno106

Do you have built in wifi?
Old 9th August 2016
RiF
Lives for gear

Chances are that tonight we'll exchange "how much?" with "when?"...
Old 9th August 2016
Gear Maniac

One nice aspect of having a real analogue signal generation and modifying path (oscillators, vcas, vcfs, etc) is that it makes it quite amenable to cracking open the case and doing hardware mods. Depending on what size passives they use (hopefully 0603 but if it turns out to be 0402 then that's not too bad - 0201 could be a bit of a challenge) I can see some hardware hacks to add filter inputs, individual voice outputs, etc, appearing over the coming years.

Neil
Old 9th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cake100 View Post
Tonight this thread may well pass the Minilogue thread in pages.
Not bad for an as of yet release.
Personally I find this synth a lot more interesting than the Minilogue. Soundwise and Specs. But we'll have to try it out first side by side of course.
Old 9th August 2016
Here for the gear

"We will see tonight
We got the pleasure in the right way"

Old 9th August 2016
Lives for gear

I've been eyeing the Minilogue for some time, since it looks like a really fun synth to play and sculpt sounds on, but the DeepMind seems to offer more lush and vintage-like sounds. Might end up having to get both of them, finances permitting.
Old 9th August 2016
Gear Addict

Dear all,

again sorry to keep you waiting with the price announcement. I am aware I may have lost some friends in this process:-)

Please allow me to explain the reason why this has taken so long:

We are a very different company as we don't set pricing based on what we believe a customer would be willing to pay for our product, or where competitive products are priced at.
We simply set pricing based on a "bottom up" approach where we calculate the component prices, add manufacturing cost plus a slim margin that we need to in order to hire more people and buy new equipment.

Because of the huge demand for the DeepMind12, we went back to our component suppliers and asked for a higher discount in return for higher purchase volumes. We then approached our distribution partners again and asked what their orders would be, if we would lower pricing. We did this a few rounds until we reached rock bottom pricing. And that’s where we are now.

During the development of the DeepMind12, we involved a lot of synthesizer experts, producers, musicians but also synth magazines. Of course, we were constantly asked what the price would be, but at the same time repeatedly told not to make it too affordable as otherwise the public perception of the instrument would be impacted.
Since the competition sits around US$ 2,000, the general recommendation was not to offer it below US$ 1,500 and everyone would be happy.

As you all know, I built my first synthesizer UB1 (picture attached) when I was 16, but it unfortunately got lost during an office relocation and for the following 40 years I always wanted to build a synth again.

Some years ago our amazing people and world-class engineers at Midas in Manchester learned about my dream and decided to actually built a synthesizer for me.
Initially the synth started as a Juno 106 inspiration but later literally grew into a monster as our guys kept on adding features on a weekly basis (I am sure they are still adding more).
I mentioned earlier, if there is a product that deserves the name “feature creep”, then it’s the DeepMind12 and I am absolutely serious!

Since I started Behringer 27 years ago, my philosophy was always to offer amazing products at incredible prices and that’s what we built our company on.
In this spirit, it is no surprise that I also like to see this synth in the hands of many of you guys and hope the DeepMind12 will inspire you as much as it inspires me. I can’t wait to hear the great songs you will compose and share with the community.

I have now made the decision to offer the DeepMind12 at a recommended sales price of US$ 999.99 (I have a feeling your dealer might drop the 99 cents).*

Getting this instruments into the hands of as many musicians as possible is a dream come true. At the risk of being ridiculed for showing my emotions, this is a very happy moment in my life and I like to thank first and foremost my friends Pete Sadler, Rob Belcham and all our incredible crew in MUSIC Innovation Manchester plus all other 4,000 people in MUSIC. I will never forget this.

We are planning to ship the first units towards the end of the year. While we will do everything we can do ramp up production, please be patient as we don’t know yet how we can fill all these backorders.

Once again thank you all – you guys are great!

Uli

*This price is based on US MAP – prices might vary based on location.
Share Quote
Old 9th August 2016
Gear Nut

Wow...

This gonna sell like hot semmels...
Old 9th August 2016
Lives for gear

Whats the uk pound / euro price Uli
Old 9th August 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
Dear all,

again sorry to keep you waiting with the price announcement. I am aware I may have lost some friends in this process:-)

Excellent news. Thank you.
Old 9th August 2016
That's a great price. I cannot wait for the desktop version to hit the streets.
Old 9th August 2016
Gear Nut

I'll quote myself this time:

Old 9th August 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
This synthesiser will retail at nine hundred and ninety nine US dollars
Uli - for correctly predicting this first (you may need to re-read the entire thread) and with great conviction can I please be awarded a DM12?
Old 9th August 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Uli - for correctly predicting this first (you may need to re-read the entire thread) and with great conviction can I please be awarded a DM12?
I am afraid you missed the 99 cents Earwolf:-)

Uli
Old 9th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJB06 View Post
Whats the uk pound / euro price Uli
Probably 999 Euro and 9999 £ by the time it hits the shops
Old 9th August 2016
Gear Nut

If i quit smoking i can save 100 euros per month. By the end of the year when shipping starts i'll already have 40% of money needed for DeepMind12 :D
Old 9th August 2016
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Bargain price.

Money reserved.

Food can wait.
Old 9th August 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
I am afraid you missed the 99 cents Earwolf:-)

Uli
A day late and a dollar short. Story of my life.
Old 9th August 2016
Lives for gear

$999,99 = 902,111 Euro
Old 9th August 2016
Gear Addict

very nice!!

seriously, where/when can i pre-order?

who is the biggest/dominant UK online retailer for gear like this? (i'm guessing smaller retailers may have problems getting them early if there is short supply)

juno? GAK?
Old 9th August 2016
Here for the gear

Dream come true

I'm on this now the price is affordable I've been reading trough these forums and just waited along time.
Currently a proud owner of underated Ultranova synth the Deepmind 12 would make a great addition to my synth collection thank out Uli x
Old 9th August 2016
Lives for gear

I'm wondering how this will translate to euros and include the usual VAT taxes. Great price, hope you guys can ramp up production fast enough.
Old 9th August 2016
Gear Head

Seems a good price. I was expecting UKP 899, so maybe that's how it will translate (unless the pound slides further).

Uli, can I ask if the desktop variant has become a definite product, or are all efforts focused on getting the keyboard on sale? Before long my budget will stray into DSI Tetra territory and I'll need all of my strength to keep saving for a DM12 Desktop after that!

Thanks
Old 9th August 2016
Here for the gear

woop woop
Old 9th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have now made the decision to offer the DeepMind12 at a recommended sales price of US$ 999.99 (I have a feeling your dealer might drop the 99 cents).
Thank you for all of your efforts!! I think the DM12 will be a medium success in the market (with maybe 15.000 pcs sold at all - i can still not believe the backorder of 30.000 pcs for US only) - having a really very good sound, great FX, a nice feature set und buílt quality.

The Dollar price is 100 Dollar above my expectations. European price should be 1199 or 1299 Euro then. The good news here is, the price lets the door wide open for the competition to answer the "analog poly attack by Uli Behringer/MIDAS".

And this is really good news, because it always is competition which drives markets forward. Oh, and good products like the DM12.
Old 9th August 2016
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

hmmm... .seems like it isn't avail at thomann.

Attached Thumbnails
Behringer DeepMind 12-clipboard01.jpg  
Old 9th August 2016
Gear Addict

@uli_Behringer. congratulations on bringing your long held dream to reality .

Does the synth engine ( not keyboard ) respond to Polyphonic Aftertouch , or could this be added in a firmware upgrade ? Demand for this is growing with new generation of controllers.

What is the price for the desktop , & how much later than keyboard will it appear ?
Old 9th August 2016
Gear Maniac

Hello Uli,

Congrats! The deepmind12 will be a success! I'm hoping a few units will be available here at home..
Old 9th August 2016
Gear Maniac

Holy Smoke, $1K?

BOOM!

Thanks Uli, you've made a lot of musicians VERY happy...peeps be talking about this for DECADES!

rackmount please
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search