The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vintage Gear you would like to See reissued.
Old 16th February 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue monk View Post
Rhodes Chroma –in a reliable re-incarnation, Midi and CPU updated.
I'd be on the list. They sound phenomenal. I regret selling a few synths and that was one of them.
Lives for gear
I'd like to see Yamaha do something more with the waveguide physical modeling of the VL series: a module with the sound quality of the VL1-m, but with more physical controls and a vastly easier way of creating and editing physical models.

And here's a suggestion for any manufacturer that requires a software editor for their product: implement the editor in the box on an internal web server, so I just need a browser to use it, so it will still work when I get a new computer or upgrade its OS.
Old 16th February 2015
Lives for gear

Oberheim Matrix-1000 with a modern fast cpu, better MIDI (CC support), more RAM so that patch names can be stored, LCD display that allows more interaction on the unit and better PSU, but with the same CEM voice chips (modern clones would be fine if they sound the same) and full patch compatibility with the original.

We need affordable analog polys (not another $3K flagship synth that few people can afford), and a Matrix-1000 reissue would be just that.
Old 16th February 2015
Lives for gear

SH-101, it's the whole package, the sequencer, etc and they are stupidly priced now. Roland has come close to it with the Aira and (at least in spirit) JD-Xi. I'd also like to see a Juno and a Jupiter 4.

MPC-60, EMU SP-1200, I guess we can hope for the LinnDrum II

Not exactly vintage but I would like Yamaha to revisit its late 90's, early 00s things like AN synths, FS1r, Rm1x, RS-7000 and EX-5. And Korg with the Prophecy/Z1.

Casio to bring back the HT/HZ and CZ synths but with analog filters. (Better ones in the case of the HZ). Also a SK-1.
Old 16th February 2015
Deleted 7ad91e3
And yes, a Sequential Circuits Prophet VS
Lives for gear
I could of course state the obvious expensive analog polys, but if I wanted to a bit more realistic re-issuing some of the lower-cost HW from the early 80s MIDI era would also be nice:

Emu SP-1200
Korg Poly-800
Korg DW-8000
Roland Juno-106
Roland MKS-50/PG-300
Roland MKS-70/PG-800
Roland MKS-80/MPG-80
Roland SH-101
Yamaha DX7IIFD
Yamaha TX81Z

I imagine there would be some takers on these!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post
I could of course state the obvious expensive analog polys, but if I wanted to a bit more realistic re-issuing some of the lower-cost HW from the early 80s MIDI era would also be nice:

Emu SP-1200
Korg Poly-800
Korg DW-8000
Roland Juno-106
Roland MKS-50/PG-300
Roland MKS-70/PG-800
Roland MKS-80/MPG-80
Roland SH-101
Yamaha DX7IIFD
Yamaha TX81Z

I imagine there would be some takers on these!
Yea the dx7 would be in my opinion a killer if Yamaha re released it. its such an infamous synth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilita View Post
SH-101, it's the whole package, the sequencer, etc and they are stupidly priced now. Roland has come close to it with the Aira and (at least in spirit) JD-Xi. I'd also like to see a Juno and a Jupiter 4.

MPC-60, EMU SP-1200, I guess we can hope for the LinnDrum II

Not exactly vintage but I would like Yamaha to revisit its late 90's, early 00s things like AN synths, FS1r, Rm1x, RS-7000 and EX-5. And Korg with the Prophecy/Z1.

Casio to bring back the HT/HZ and CZ synths but with analog filters. (Better ones in the case of the HZ). Also a SK-1.
I read somewhere that The Man Roger Linn himself was working on some sort of new linndrumm. its possible that talk of a new linndrum really just ended up in the tempest. (the tempest is badass tho)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta Peloso View Post
I read somewhere that The Man Roger Linn himself was working on some sort of new linndrumm. its possible that talk of a new linndrum really just ended up in the tempest. (the tempest is badass tho)
No, what happened was that originally it was going to be one big badass drum machine which they were calling the BoomChik, then they were considering releasing two where one would be more analog focused and the other digital. The analog side became the Tempest and Linn said that he would continue working the digital version and release it as a new Linn Drum ...this is now some years ago but last he'd said the new Linn Drum was still an active project, he just wanted to get the LinnStrument completed first but we will see...

Myself, I'm with several others in wanting Yamaha and Korg to revisit their 90's physical modeling instruments. I don't want a reissued VL1 or VP1, just a second generation.

I would however like to see EMS synths back in production.

and I don't know about their quality but I'd also like to see EMW continue with the EML remakes, that EMW-200 and EMW-300 both seem like cool things, it'd be nice to see an EMW-100 suitcase synth.

Personally though I'm more than happy with Roland's new Aira line and I'd like to see more things such as that. I just have no interest in faithfully retreading vintage nostalgia. I'll take a System-1 over any classic mono I once owned.
Lives for gear
Kurzweil Midiboard
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'd also like to see a Juno and a Jupiter 4.
Even though I have a Jupiter-4 already I would consider getting a new one if they slimmed it down a bit (the chassis is unnecessarily huge) and added a couple of voices (Jupiter 4+2 perhaps?) and maybe some of the extras that Io adds. I think a slavish recreation would be a bit silly.

However I think Roland will probably bring out a System-2 with a JP-4 Plug-out as they already have the Promars on System-1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 165099 View Post
it as a new Linn Drum ...
AH ok i see i see. kinda off topic but You know me personally woulda rather had maybe a Reissue of the Mpc 3000 That roger linn develops Rather than a Linn drum 2. Rodger linn made all the old school MPCs have soul to them. Its his machine for christ sake
I'd like an improved/modernized Korg Polysix with two VCOs and all the bells and whistles. And those gorgeous SSM filters.

I'll also throw my hat in with the updated Microwave I with lots of knobs. Still love my XTk, and I embrace its fully digital character, but I can't help dream about wavetables going through some crunchy analog filters...
Old 16th February 2015
Fairchild 670.... Please and thank you..
Old 16th February 2015
Gear Guru
Looks like this thread found it's unifying purpose.. We should close this thread and just start Microwave I keyboard/desktop request thread..
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Clef View Post
Kurzweil Midiboard
+1 000 000
Old 16th February 2015
Lives for gear

also +1 on anything wavetable heh
Old 17th February 2015
Lives for gear

Mellotron but with analog hpf/lpf, cv control inputs, elektron style sequencer, and two onboard effects: tape delay that can double as a chorus, and a spring reverb tank

Oh and of course there should be plenty of user-rewritable tapes, both to sample incoming audio as well as sample itself.
Old 17th February 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
SH-101, it's the whole package, the sequencer, etc and they are stupidly priced now.
+1 Someone just do it.

Here, we do need a clone. So far, "Almost" doesn't quite get the sound imo.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
wish Olivier from Mutable hasnt fallen into the euro rabbit hole,, and continued development of Ambika line... that synth has two problems... first comes from the fact that its DIY, so it cant have a nicer design, user interface with knobs, and other things that would come standard if it were mass produced. second is, its digital modulation section is underpowered and works with a low resolution, so envelopes and modulators are too crude.. (especially noticeable on release portions of env, too abrupt endings).

if he went and made a 8 voice Ambika Deluxe desktop, with SMR4 filter, high resolution modulation section, some goodies like filter fm, bigger display and knobby user interface... id pay double than regular Ambika for that. its a variation on my desires for microwave basically.
What a silly statement. It's DIY, so you could make what you're asking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevism View Post
Mellotron but with analog hpf/lpf, cv control inputs, elektron style sequencer, and two onboard effects: tape delay that can double as a chorus, and a spring reverb tank

Oh and of course there should be plenty of user-rewritable tapes, both to sample incoming audio as well as sample itself.
How about an "affordable Mellotron" lol
Quote:
Yeah me personally i think the Emu sp1200 is a huge one.
Literally. I do agree that the sound is really cool, but no one would buy something that huge these days.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post

reading thru the thread im thinkin unfortunately, reissues with accurate tone of many old polysynths will never happen,, many of them are too dependant on proprietary chips or transistors that are long gone. technology has changed too much.

however i wouldnt say no to any new polysynth done the old way, with nice OTAs, transisotrs, opamps etc.. and above all, that means no DSP massaging of the VCO pitch, so they are free. don't "fix" what ain't broken. just gimme an auto tune button i will press to measure/align them prior to recording a take. this is how you get a big sound. if you need a DSP to tame your VCOs, why go analog in the first place. stay digital. mini rant finished.
1000% agree
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrymetalguy View Post
Fairchild 670.... Please and thank you..
Anthony Demaria Labs - Compressor and Limiter Products
Quote:
+1
Add the VZ10M and FZ-1 to that list.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zawinul View Post
minimoog model d and it will happen have no doubt
Am I wrong but is the closest you're going to get to this a Voyager Old School???

Maybe they will come out with one since they reissued the modular. Who knows?
Old 17th February 2015
Lives for gear

sp1200. only because I want one but could never justify the price they go for these days.
Old 17th February 2015
EMS Synthi AKS

And on the not so vintage tip, E-MU Command Station with sampling and Virus TI like integration or like the new Electribes with Ableton project transfer. They could even throw in some SP1200 emulation or something to please the rest of you folks too.
Old 17th February 2015
A Crumar Spirit or a new Moog Prodigy would be fine!
Gear Addict

Quote:
Sp1200 all day! id sell my soul to the devil if there was a ressiuse of the 1200
There was an SP-1200 re-issue. You're just several years too late!
Just keep your soul & save your pennies for a used one.

I own a Minimoog Voyager RME, but I'd like to see Moog re-issue the original and name it simply "Model D". Add to it velocity/aftertouch, an extra LFO and oscillator sync & midi but nail the original sound 100% and call it a day. Keep it in production for the next 1000 years!

I'd like to see Yamaha introduce a modern flagship FM/physical modeling synth. At least 128 notes polyphony for each synthesis type and great built in effects per part.

Now that the Linnstrument is in production, I'd like to see Roger complete the LinnDrum II. There's really no competition right now for a hardware MPC style sampling drum machine/sequencer as everything is now software based.

Also, I'd like Sequential Circuits to re-issue the Prophet 5, but add one voice, velocity, plus built in effects...heh

IMO, re-issues don't have to be exact replicas. Modern additions such as midi, velocity sensitivity, etc are welcome. It's the sound that counts! When you play a classic instrument, there's a feeling you get inside that just feels right & puts a smile on your face. That's what I expect out of re-issued product.
📝 Reply