The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Omnisphere 2
Old 20th July 2015
Lives for gear

Does anyone know of another way to apply a global Amp Envelope to both Layer A and B at the same time? I know that both layers have an individual Amp envelope so the way I get around that know is set up one of the 4 Mod Envelopes as an default ADSR envelope and have that modulate the Amp of Layer A as well as Layer B.

But is there any other (easier) way to do it? Any way to apply global amp envelope?
Old 20th July 2015
Gear Guru

The way you've been doing it is probably the way to go.
Old 20th July 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
The way you've been doing it is probably the way to go.
That's what I suspected, but I was hoping there might be a more immediate way to do it (like for instance in Zebra all the oscillators respond to Env1 for amp modulation by default)
Old 20th July 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear
In case any of the Omnisphere-loving good citizens of Gearslutz haven't seen it, this is a pretty good video in which one of the programmers discusses how he made some of the presets:

I particularly enjoyed the bit about using S/H to modulate the verb to get the room constantly shifting in sync. Never thought of doing that before, maybe because its not been as easy to do.
Old 20th July 2015
Gear Nut

Very much interested in getting this, however I dont think my aging macbook pro will be able to run it properly. Does anyone here bounce to audio, use track freeze to make it less taxing on the cpu? Im kind of at a crossroads, its either Omni 2 and a more powerful mac or some kind of VA (Nord a1, virus ti), which will probably be less $ than the former, though perhaps not as flexible in the future.
Old 30th July 2015
Here for the gear
Finally got Omnisphere 2 after years of being skeptical about the high price point.

Totally worth it! The sheer amount of sounds in the library is incredible and many of the presets are inspiring right away. I'm not crazy about the interface, as modulation isn't nearly as easy to set up as on something like Serum, where it's all laid out in front of you (drag and drop), but that's a small price to pay for the gigantic sound library.

There's something very organic about many of the sounds that I've just never heard in a softsynth before. I'm usually a hardware analog guy but this past week I've hardly touched them because of Omnisphere.
Old 31st July 2015 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLofgren View Post
Personally - I would pick Omnisphere. Mainly because of the wealth of sound sources and the granular engine that can turn any sample inside out.

/C
Well, Serum can turn any wav file into a wavetable... so that's nothing.

I'd still probably pick Omnisphere 2 though. It's really just a beast. Both are very good instruments that offer a lot. There's overlap, but there's enough unique to make it worth owning both.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by computervision View Post

There's something very organic about many of the sounds that I've just never heard in a softsynth before. I'm usually a hardware analog guy but this past week I've hardly touched them because of Omnisphere.
yeah i didn't touch the moog for about 2 weeks after i got o2.

i find combining those lush o2 sounds with that sweet analog goodness to be very satisfying. yeah, it just doesn't sound like other soft synths. it just oozes quality imo.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by computervision View Post
Exactly. I love how it sounds and it really gives my hardware a run for it's money. Likewise I've been using some of my hardware less since I got it.
Old 1st August 2015
Gear Nut

I'm new to this whole world of computer music. I have a super basic m-audio midi keyboard that really just has a volume knob but I just got omnisphere 2 and I'm looking for a midi controller that can really take advantage of it's features and I'd prefer to turn a knob than to use a mouse. Some midi-keyboards have pads and a tone of knobs on top and I'm not sure if that would be useful or even applicable or what sorts of things to look for. What are you guys using for midi keyboards and finding effective. Thanks.
Old 1st August 2015 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by occam View Post
I'm new to this whole world of computer music. I have a super basic m-audio midi keyboard that really just has a volume knob but I just got omnisphere 2 and I'm looking for a midi controller that can really take advantage of it's features and I'd prefer to turn a knob than to use a mouse. Some midi-keyboards have pads and a tone of knobs on top and I'm not sure if that would be useful or even applicable or what sorts of things to look for. What are you guys using for midi keyboards and finding effective. Thanks.
I use a Novation Remote SL. The keys feel good and there are enough assignable controllers (knobs and sliders) to cover the basics, but don't think you're going to ever set up a 1:1 template that will allow you to never touch a mouse while programming Omnisphere. It's far too complicated. Omnisphere does a good job at sort of presenting you with a digestible number of parameters at any given moment, but don't let that fool you. Once you realize all the options that are buried in the pop up windows, you'll see that making a hardware only interface for a synth like this would be futile.
Old 2nd August 2015
Lives for gear

My favorite thing about Atmosphere/Omnisphere was the orchestral strings i always use them, is there any new Orchestral strings in Omnisphere 2 ?
Old 10th August 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO8 View Post
Does anyone know of another way to apply a global Amp Envelope to both Layer A and B at the same time? I know that both layers have an individual Amp envelope so the way I get around that know is set up one of the 4 Mod Envelopes as an default ADSR envelope and have that modulate the Amp of Layer A as well as Layer B.

But is there any other (easier) way to do it? Any way to apply global amp envelope?
I just found out today how to do this! It appears that you can link layer A and B together using the Link button at the bottom of the layer screen. This will link all amp settings, filters settings etc. between the layers. So setting the amp env attack to a certain value in one layer will apply the exact same attack value to the other layer at the same time.

Old 10th August 2015
Gear Head
Can you really not buy this digitally if you don't already own the original Omnisphere? Seems very weird to have an obligatory physical release in an era where Apple are gradually getting rid of DVD drives in their machines.
Lives for gear

Shameless plug. But it's free and meant for your enjoyment.
Have fun in the sun

Omnisphere Atari Avalon - Plughugger - sounds for your synthesizers

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighthours View Post
Can you really not buy this digitally if you don't already own the original Omnisphere? Seems very weird to have an obligatory physical release in an era where Apple are gradually getting rid of DVD drives in their machines.
I think they might release it on a USB thumb drive or regular USB drive in future.
Old 15th October 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpsiegel View Post
I got a note back from Spectrasonics support saying they expect to have a pdf version of the Omnisphere 2.0 manual available in a couple of weeks. No more having to launch the app on a computer just to read the manual.
I guess there still is no PDF manual?
Old 15th October 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLofgren View Post
Shameless plug. But it's free and meant for your enjoyment.
Have fun in the sun

Omnisphere Atari Avalon - Plughugger - sounds for your synthesizers

Thanks, downloaded; nice demo tune, as well!
Old 11th March 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Update Posted 8 March 2016

Omnisphere 2.2.0e

Includes the following features and fixes:

• Bypass all effects by pressing the LED below FX button
• Move effects within effects rack by dragging
• Phase invert button on sublayer mixer in Soundsource Zoom
• Latch mode: terminate all notes when host transport is stopped
• Improved Browser performance
• Improved Patch-loading time on Windows
• Fixes crash when bouncing/freezing large amount of compressed audio files
• Changing effect type was not clearing out the effect's mod matrix slots
• Fixes bug where Ultrachorus effect could generate excessively-loud volumes
• Fixes bug where Chorus Echo effect delay time could be wrong after changing host sample rate
• Fixes bug in Toxic Smasher effect where it could produce an unwanted "chirp" sound at end of notes
• After dropping a MIDI groove into Arpeggiator, some groove indicators were not being displayed
Old 11th December 2017
A couple of alternate Omnisphere skins here....

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12996216-post3478.html
Attached Thumbnails
Omnisphere 2-screen-shot-2017-12-11-11.15.00-am.jpg  
Old 5th September 2020
Here for the gear

omni is one of the best investments you can make !
Old 5th September 2020
Deleted 5a55dd9
Not just its amazing synth engine but I also think O2 has the best effects I've heard in a soft synth, the reverbs are just as lush as valhallah, (but different of course !) and the way you can incorporate the effects to be part of the modulations brings up some amazing textures.
📝 Reply