The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Expert Sleepers USAMO - Universal Sample-Accurate MIDI Output Audio Interfaces
Old 12th March 2015
Lives for gear

That's unfortunate, thank you
Old 13th March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by natefrogg View Post
Is starting a bar late normal?

starts here first beat and bar every time, vst and au (ableton and logic)

Last edited by maks; 13th March 2015 at 03:54 PM..
Old 13th March 2015
Gear Head

AAV ProTools 11

Does umsamo plug work with ProTools 11 HD?

Mr.O
Old 13th March 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.O View Post
Does umsamo plug work with ProTools 11 HD?

Mr.O
Yes.
Old 13th March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsleepers View Post
Yes.
Odd question: Do you know, whether I could use the Usamo with the Fairlight Xynergi DAW? It does support VST, although it has no Midi-Sequencer, but I could use the Usamo to clock external sequencer to the playback, if possible.
Old 13th March 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimmt View Post
Odd question: Do you know, whether I could use the Usamo with the Fairlight Xynergi DAW? It does support VST, although it has no Midi-Sequencer, but I could use the Usamo to clock external sequencer to the playback, if possible.
Interesting. You could download the software (it will run in demo mode) and give it a try. See if it looks like it's doing something.
Old 17th March 2015
Lives for gear

Using the USAMO with apogee duet for ipad and mac with ableton. It took a bit of tweaking to get it just right - the test mode included within is very helpful. For me, it required having trim mode at max, output of duet at 0db and the output level within ableton at -1.5db or so. But once I got it, it is rock solid. There is a latency you need to compensate for with any soundcard; once that's done the USAMO is jitter free.

I believe there is some misinformation about hardware synths and their internal jitter - I was worried that the USAMO wouldn't make that big a difference. I couldn't have been more wrong - it really is as tight as you could hope for and makes my analogue synth finally worthwhile. Great product and for 150 bucks or so is a great deal!!
Old 17th March 2015
Gear Nut

Thank Monsieur_R, glad it's working well for you. Have added the Duet to the compatibility page.
Old 17th March 2015
mp3
Lives for gear

Any plans for a USAMI? Or, even better, a USAMI/O?
Old 17th March 2015
Gear Nut

You may have noticed that I registered the domain usami.technology.
Old 17th March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsleepers View Post
You may have noticed that I registered the domain usami.technology.
USA-MIO for the win!
Old 17th March 2015
mp3
Lives for gear

Old 22nd March 2015
Lives for gear

Hi There

As someone with a wealth of MIDI gear, I'm thinking of a USAMO or an Expert Sleepers' system for my outboard synths.

Would I be right in thinking, an ES-40, the MIDI/DIN Eurorack module, a Doepfer Mini Case, and the Silent Way plug in would effectively give me an eight MIDI socket output interface?

I'm currently looking for a solution, and an SPDIF straight to the ES-40 to drive the instruments sounds perfect.

Is it really just a case of getting the above, and I'm good to go?

Excuse my ignorance. I have no Eurorack modules, and are yet to go modular.
Old 23rd March 2015
Gear Nut

Yes, the setup you describe will give you 8 MIDI outs (expandable to 40 by adding more ESX-8MDs). Make sure you pick up the mk2 version of the 8MD.
Old 23rd March 2015
Here for the gear

I can see on your website that there's no current stock of 8md. Could you give some info about when is it expected to be back on stock?
Old 23rd March 2015
Gear Nut

A few places have stock, or will have soon. Control in Brooklyn should have them later this week.
Old 23rd March 2015
Lives for gear

bigup ya bad self Os expert sleepers

I have to say the after sale service i have received has been nothing short of AMAZING

If only all companies were run in the same way as Expert sleepers

SUPERB
Old 23rd March 2015
Here for the gear

Thanks for your fast reply! Any info about availability on Schneiders in Berlin?
Old 23rd March 2015
Lives for gear

Yeh, thanks for the reply - really appreciate it.

So you can run up to 40 MIDI channels from one ES-40? Sounds great.

Is the only difference between the MkI and MkII the ability to drive devices at beneath 48khz?
Old 23rd March 2015
Gear Nut

@tamprecision - cheers!
@alexvazquezmusic - none for Schneiders for a while, but if you're EU located, Postmodular in London will have them soon.
@mutilatedlip - 40 MIDI *ports*. Each with 16 channels. The mk1 will work with most things at 44.1, but the mk2 guarantees it.
Old 25th March 2015
Gear Maniac

Hello, usamo arrived yesterday. Did a few tests today. the self-test passed with no errors however midi recordings are still drifting back and forth as always.. So no luck for me yet. Anything i can try out?

Tested it so far wit Reaper4 64 win7 pro rme-hdsp multiface and a few of my synths

Thanks!
Old 25th March 2015
Gear Nut

Are you using MIDI clock, or sending notes out of the USAMO?

What are you sending MIDI to? The results will only ever be as good as the response of the receiving device.
Old 25th March 2015
Gear Maniac

Its with Midi notes sent from reaper. I tested it with the nord drum2 and a kurzweil pc3. Hmm..
I managed to sync the kurzweil sequencer to the midi clock from the usamo and that did work pretty well.
Old 26th March 2015
Here for the gear

i ordered one but just found a used one cheaper...hmmm, so maybe i should buy both.
how would i setup 2 USAMOs in live9 ? i am thinking about one going into my esi m8u for clock and another device for notes into a poly. 2 instances, 2 serials for the plugins? or would one USAMO work for a setup like that?
Old 27th March 2015
Any plans for a multi port usamo? Better yet would be a multi port usamo that would also take spdif one midi port is just not practical to drive multiple synths..
Old 27th March 2015
Lives for gear

Old 27th March 2015
Thanks for pointing out the obvious.. :-) I was trying to avoid getting a euroroack setup going But it may just be the tipping point. Is the workflow pretty seamless? I have not seen a clear tutorial on how to setup two tracks for two synthesizers in Live/Logic. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

it's almost a perfect executed idea. I just find it lacking a midi input and working in standalone mode with some configurable standalone presets. For example, you could program it to route your midi controller to chosen midi out ports without using a computer all the time and setting up a DAW, etc. I like that about my current motu midi box.
Old 28th March 2015
Lives for gear

I'd be all in for a I/O box!
Old 28th March 2015
Here for the gear

This is the configuration I've just setup in a Doepfer mini-case. I kept second-guessing my decision as I waited for the modules, saying to myself "maybe I should've put the money towards a synth instead..." Hah. But I was in love about a minute after setting it up and triggering a BS2 with it. Everything's just so unbelievably tight. I'm thinking about topping it off with an ESX-8GT expander for use with a DRM-1, but I'm not even sure that'd be necessary at this point.
Old 13th April 2015
Gear nut

How's everyone doing with their USAMOs? I'm tossing back and forth between the USAMO and the es40 + ESX 8MD rig. Can anyone report success when using the usamo with multiple units. I'd be running it from Ableton into Prophet 8, ms20, midi'd monopoly, RX5, Beats, DMX and some delays. Might be too much for one of the little guys.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search