The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia matrix 12 emulation
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I have an Xpander and the Matrix 12 V2. The basic sound is there. UnfortunatellymMany of the Arturia presets use reverb, flanger, delay and even chorus effects. Still some arturia presets were a great point of reference for repropgramming in the Xpander. The scaling is a bit differnt but generaly quite acurate. To me having that sound "to go" is fantastic...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by beroski View Post
I have an Xpander and the Matrix 12 V2. The basic sound is there. UnfortunatellymMany of the Arturia presets use reverb, flanger, delay and even chorus effects. Still some arturia presets were a great point of reference for repropgramming in the Xpander. The scaling is a bit differnt but generaly quite acurate. To me having that sound "to go" is fantastic...
Yep 1:1 parameters are different but you can definitely get the same tonal characteristics.

The basic sound is a bit bass light. Just a little bass bump actually got the VST to coincide with the M12 I had... (since sold!).

I do wish the M12V would randomise the pan positions automatically... its a wee bit of a pain with setting that on patches.

Overall though... it a top piece of software.

Big Q... will it still be working in 5-10 years?... who knows but for now its pretty cool!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefunk View Post
Yep 1:1 parameters are different but you can definitely get the same tonal characteristics.

The basic sound is a bit bass light. Just a little bass bump actually got the VST to coincide with the M12 I had... (since sold!).

I do wish the M12V would randomise the pan positions automatically... its a wee bit of a pain with setting that on patches.

Overall though... it a top piece of software.

Big Q... will it still be working in 5-10 years?... who knows but for now its pretty cool!
Assuming Arturia is still around in 5-10 years (and why wouldnt they be) not sure why it wouldn't be. Their Jupiter 8 has been around since 2007 and still works. Their Minimoog has been around since 2004. They consistently update them so no reason to think they wouldnt keep doing that.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefunk View Post

good call Arturia has been solid with updates, but will they 30 years?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by beroski View Post
good call Arturia has been solid with updates, but will they 30 years?
We've got a decade to go. But if you're in business for 20 years with a solid sales foundation most likely you'll be in business for 30.
📝 Reply