The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia matrix 12 emulation
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

I have an Xpander and the Matrix 12 V2. The basic sound is there. UnfortunatellymMany of the Arturia presets use reverb, flanger, delay and even chorus effects. Still some arturia presets were a great point of reference for repropgramming in the Xpander. The scaling is a bit differnt but generaly quite acurate. To me having that sound "to go" is fantastic...
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by beroski View Post
I have an Xpander and the Matrix 12 V2. The basic sound is there. UnfortunatellymMany of the Arturia presets use reverb, flanger, delay and even chorus effects. Still some arturia presets were a great point of reference for repropgramming in the Xpander. The scaling is a bit differnt but generaly quite acurate. To me having that sound "to go" is fantastic...
Yep 1:1 parameters are different but you can definitely get the same tonal characteristics.

The basic sound is a bit bass light. Just a little bass bump actually got the VST to coincide with the M12 I had... (since sold!).

I do wish the M12V would randomise the pan positions automatically... its a wee bit of a pain with setting that on patches.

Overall though... it a top piece of software.

Big Q... will it still be working in 5-10 years?... who knows but for now its pretty cool!
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefunk View Post
Yep 1:1 parameters are different but you can definitely get the same tonal characteristics.

The basic sound is a bit bass light. Just a little bass bump actually got the VST to coincide with the M12 I had... (since sold!).

I do wish the M12V would randomise the pan positions automatically... its a wee bit of a pain with setting that on patches.

Overall though... it a top piece of software.

Big Q... will it still be working in 5-10 years?... who knows but for now its pretty cool!
Assuming Arturia is still around in 5-10 years (and why wouldnt they be) not sure why it wouldn't be. Their Jupiter 8 has been around since 2007 and still works. Their Minimoog has been around since 2004. They consistently update them so no reason to think they wouldnt keep doing that.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefunk View Post

good call Arturia has been solid with updates, but will they 30 years?
Gear Addict
Quote:
good call Arturia has been solid with updates, but will they 30 years?
We've got a decade to go. But if you're in business for 20 years with a solid sales foundation most likely you'll be in business for 30.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezoneight View Post
We've got a decade to go. But if you're in business for 20 years with a solid sales foundation most likely you'll be in business for 30.
And I wish you to stay another 30 years. My Xpander did not bother that the manufacturing company is out of business, for how long? I give my Matrix 12 V2 Software another 3 to 5 years before some system update/incompatibilty will make it go away. At least it is not an IPAD APP...
Quote:
And I wish you to stay another 30 years. My Xpander did not bother that the manufacturing company is out of business, for how long? I give my Matrix 12 V2 Software another 3 to 5 years before some system update/incompatibilty will make it go away. At least it is not an IPAD APP...
It'll be fine in 3 to 5 years...4 years ago I was using V collection 5, 8 years ago I was using v collection 3....in 5 years Ill be using v collection 10 with some plugs celebrating 18 years of support.
Gear Addict
Quote:
Arturia have been good at keeping things working so far. Obviously that can end but based on how its worked so far I'd expect them to keep it all working.
Yul
Lives for gear

Liking my Matrix 12V every day since I bought it a few months ago.

Its quite versatile one has to take some time to learn how to get things right.

It sounds great, really, when patched correctly. It's definitely 90's sounding which is awesome.

I was also thinking about the longevity of the software.

It seems there is no reason to think it would drop in the foreseeable future.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yul View Post
It's definitely 90's sounding which is awesome.
But it was produces 1985-1988. It should be 80's sounding. haha
That's not to say that it isn't awesome sounding, though.
Yul
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramseur View Post
But it was produces 1985-1988. It should be 80's sounding. haha
That's not to say that it isn't awesome sounding, though.

Hey thanks for the clarification! I am assuming that given this was not necessarily an instant gratification synth some of the musical creations that came out of it must have also been in early 90s I am sure!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This is one from the v-collection that I hadn't spent much time with until recently... and wow, it's quickly becoming a favorite.
📝 Reply