The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia matrix 12 emulation
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
  #241
Gear Nut
 

I have an Xpander and the Matrix 12 V2. The basic sound is there. UnfortunatellymMany of the Arturia presets use reverb, flanger, delay and even chorus effects. Still some arturia presets were a great point of reference for repropgramming in the Xpander. The scaling is a bit differnt but generaly quite acurate. To me having that sound "to go" is fantastic...
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
  #242
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by beroski View Post
I have an Xpander and the Matrix 12 V2. The basic sound is there. UnfortunatellymMany of the Arturia presets use reverb, flanger, delay and even chorus effects. Still some arturia presets were a great point of reference for repropgramming in the Xpander. The scaling is a bit differnt but generaly quite acurate. To me having that sound "to go" is fantastic...
Yep 1:1 parameters are different but you can definitely get the same tonal characteristics.

The basic sound is a bit bass light. Just a little bass bump actually got the VST to coincide with the M12 I had... (since sold!).

I do wish the M12V would randomise the pan positions automatically... its a wee bit of a pain with setting that on patches.

Overall though... it a top piece of software.

Big Q... will it still be working in 5-10 years?... who knows but for now its pretty cool!
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
  #243
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefunk View Post
Yep 1:1 parameters are different but you can definitely get the same tonal characteristics.

The basic sound is a bit bass light. Just a little bass bump actually got the VST to coincide with the M12 I had... (since sold!).

I do wish the M12V would randomise the pan positions automatically... its a wee bit of a pain with setting that on patches.

Overall though... it a top piece of software.

Big Q... will it still be working in 5-10 years?... who knows but for now its pretty cool!
Assuming Arturia is still around in 5-10 years (and why wouldnt they be) not sure why it wouldn't be. Their Jupiter 8 has been around since 2007 and still works. Their Minimoog has been around since 2004. They consistently update them so no reason to think they wouldnt keep doing that.
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
  #244
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefunk View Post

Big Q... will it still be working in 5-10 years?... who knows but for now its pretty cool!
good call Arturia has been solid with updates, but will they 30 years?
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
  #245
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by beroski View Post
good call Arturia has been solid with updates, but will they 30 years?
We've got a decade to go. But if you're in business for 20 years with a solid sales foundation most likely you'll be in business for 30.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #246
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezoneight View Post
We've got a decade to go. But if you're in business for 20 years with a solid sales foundation most likely you'll be in business for 30.
And I wish you to stay another 30 years. My Xpander did not bother that the manufacturing company is out of business, for how long? I give my Matrix 12 V2 Software another 3 to 5 years before some system update/incompatibilty will make it go away. At least it is not an IPAD APP...
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #247
Quote:
Originally Posted by beroski View Post
And I wish you to stay another 30 years. My Xpander did not bother that the manufacturing company is out of business, for how long? I give my Matrix 12 V2 Software another 3 to 5 years before some system update/incompatibilty will make it go away. At least it is not an IPAD APP...
It'll be fine in 3 to 5 years...4 years ago I was using V collection 5, 8 years ago I was using v collection 3....in 5 years Ill be using v collection 10 with some plugs celebrating 18 years of support.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #248
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by beroski View Post
And I wish you to stay another 30 years. My Xpander did not bother that the manufacturing company is out of business, for how long? I give my Matrix 12 V2 Software another 3 to 5 years before some system update/incompatibilty will make it go away. At least it is not an IPAD APP...
Arturia have been good at keeping things working so far. Obviously that can end but based on how its worked so far I'd expect them to keep it all working.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #249
Yul
Lives for gear
 

Liking my Matrix 12V every day since I bought it a few months ago.

Its quite versatile one has to take some time to learn how to get things right.

It sounds great, really, when patched correctly. It's definitely 90's sounding which is awesome.

I was also thinking about the longevity of the software.

It seems there is no reason to think it would drop in the foreseeable future.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #250
Lives for gear
 
cramseur's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yul View Post
It's definitely 90's sounding which is awesome.
But it was produces 1985-1988. It should be 80's sounding. haha
That's not to say that it isn't awesome sounding, though.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #251
Yul
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramseur View Post
But it was produces 1985-1988. It should be 80's sounding. haha
That's not to say that it isn't awesome sounding, though.

Hey thanks for the clarification! I am assuming that given this was not necessarily an instant gratification synth some of the musical creations that came out of it must have also been in early 90s I am sure!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #252
Lives for gear
 

This is one from the v-collection that I hadn't spent much time with until recently... and wow, it's quickly becoming a favorite.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 104 views: 15904
Avatar for JoshBrayMusic
JoshBrayMusic 7th June 2016
replies: 54 views: 4305
Avatar for pr0gr4m
pr0gr4m 20th November 2017
replies: 9312 views: 1121763
Avatar for akajuan
akajuan 2 weeks ago
replies: 2318 views: 256579
Avatar for JEK3
JEK3 2 weeks ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump