The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
dear sample pack creators: we dont need drumpacks anymore!!!! Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 6th November 2014
Gear Maniac

dear sample pack creators: we dont need drumpacks anymore!!!!

please stop releasing "new" drumpacks when the content is only ripped from samples.kb6.de

i cant take this anymore, really!

always the same ****ty 909 kicks and some from the hr16.

and stop tellin us "we used our drum machines and special outboard gear".

its a lie! you dont own any drum machines, you dont own any special hardware.
Old 6th November 2014
Lives for gear

troll
Old 6th November 2014
Lives for gear

troglodyte
Old 6th November 2014
Nah, he is right, but a year late. All or most these packs are just some other dudes samples. I didn't get it until I released in a small label where they tried talking me into doing a sample pack. He was making trap packs and told me he was selling well. His advice was to take the drums I had, add some fx, rename, and zip it up for him to sell. We have not talked since.
Old 6th November 2014
Lives for gear

Anyone here spent more on sample packs than an 808 sells for?
Old 6th November 2014
Last pack I bought was from beers at discount and it was worth it. I'm done with one shots I have enough.
Old 6th November 2014
Gear Addict
what are sample packs? is that what happens when i sample an actual record?
Old 6th November 2014
Wildfunk
He sounds like a very satisfied customer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknatronik View Post
His advice was to take the drums I had, add some fx, rename, and zip it up for him to sell.
Thanks for the info! Now we know "the secret" behind all those braaaand-new sample packs!

Recycling already recycled drums.
Old 7th November 2014
Lives for gear

samples.kb6.de

That website is pretty psychedelic.
Old 7th November 2014
Gear Addict

There will always be a market for instant gratification in dance music production
Old 7th November 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknatronik View Post
Last pack I bought was from beers at discount and it was worth it. I'm done with one shots I have enough.
Yeah, he actually creates his own samples. Golden beers knows his sh!t.
Old 7th November 2014
Lives for gear

OP could you just, errr, decide not to buy any more? Or am I missing something here?
Old 7th November 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxisaxis View Post
OP could you just, errr, decide not to buy any more? Or am I missing something here?

ill never buy samples and ill never post here (received a warning from the mods).

tot ziens!
Old 7th November 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by riphead View Post

ill never buy samples and ill never post here (received a warning from the mods).

tot ziens!
gee... a warning?... I cannot imagine why (considering the "Fabfilter Pro Q vs any other eq program" thread)... is it cuz your a pessimistic, insecure cave-dweller?
Old 7th November 2014
Lives for gear

well, i did get a chuckle out of the OP. i mean, everyone is obviously free to create and buy sample packs to their heart's content...but i must get 3 or 4 email notifications a week about new drum sample packs. unless someone is creating radically new drums on an hourly basis...i have them ALL. every single drum. in every room. with every mic. played by every golden-armed god. or at least, it seems that way.

anyway, i found it funny...
Old 7th November 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by qb748t394 View Post
gee... a warning?... I cannot imagine why (considering the "Fabfilter Pro Q vs any other eq program" thread)... is it cuz your a pessimistic, insecure cave-dweller?
What did he do wrong there? He may have called someone out, but he didn't call named or use foul language. Did he? I had guy in newb section smashn me way worse.
Old 7th November 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdpath View Post
well, i did get a chuckle out of the OP. i mean, everyone is obviously free to create and buy sample packs to their heart's content...but i must get 3 or 4 email notifications a week about new drum sample packs. unless someone is creating radically new drums on an hourly basis...i have them ALL. every single drum. in every room. with every mic. played by every golden-armed god. or at least, it seems that way.

anyway, i found it funny...
Funny/ true. Thin line
Old 7th November 2014
With all the money you save from not buying drum samples, you can get these amazing "sample libraries." *

* Read the fine print on the Monotron one.
Old 7th November 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by riphead View Post
please stop releasing "new" drumpacks when the content is only ripped from samples.kb6.de

i cant take this anymore, really!

always the same ****ty 909 kicks and some from the hr16.

and stop tellin us "we used our drum machines and special outboard gear".

its a lie! you dont own any drum machines, you dont own any special hardware.
Have you thought of emailing some of these sample pack producers? Start with a few at first, tell them that you have enough samples now and they don't need to waste their time making more. There is a chance that they will understand and stop making sample packs because they would likely rather be making pot brownies or love or art or pretty much anything except making sample packs. Its hard work to make a sample pack you know.

If you don't email them and let them know, then for sure they are going to continue making samples forever and ever and ever. What then?!?

Also its against your human rights to get a warning at gearslutz because you made a thread against sample packs and the moderator here is sample pack maker himself. His sample pack of Wave Alchemy Synth Drums is purported to be the best sample pack in the world. If I was you I could file complaint with human rights tribunal. Good luck
Old 7th November 2014
Lives for gear
Last sample pack I bought was breakbeat paradise vol 3. 30 dollas

Like a gig and a half of breakbeats - hip hop, vinyl breaks, drum n bass breaks, pretty much all of them.

Classic Drum N Bass Breaks

60 samples

32 mb

Downtempo n Chillout Beats
70 - 90 BPM

63 samples

74 mb

Drum and Bass Beats
165 - 175 BPM

68 samples

77 mb

Electrobreaks
120 - 140 BPM

59 samples

40 mb

Experimental Beats
75 - 180 BPM

40 samples

87 mb

Funky Breaks
90 - 140 BPM

101 samples

121 mb

Hip Hop and RnB Beats

37 samples

98 mb

Nu Skool Breaks
122 - 170 BPM

102 samples

111 mb

Oldskool Breaks
120 - 143 BPM

89 samples

173 mb

Singleshot Drums
Basskick - Crash - Drum N Bass Kits - Fills - Hihats and Snares

2298 samples

116 mb

Vinyl Breaks
90 - 125 BPM

221 samples

58 mb
Old 7th November 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateOutsider View Post
With all the money you save from not buying drum samples, you can get these amazing "sample libraries." *

* Read the fine print on the Monotron one.
WTF! Ive seen some lazy stuff released over the years but that takes the biscuit. What fool is going to spend a third of the price of the real thing on some knobswank*r's hour-long unedited ramble?

I'd love to see the sales figures. Maybe its time to release a library called 'Stylophone scale runs' for a tenner and see who'll bite.
Old 7th November 2014
Gear Head

Dear sample pack users... stop using sample packs!
Old 7th November 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by knob twiddler View Post
Dear sample pack users... stop using sample packs!
For people who like breaks where you're stealing someone else's sound anyway, it's a **** ton less expensive than buying a room full of records... :P
Old 7th November 2014
Lives for gear

Someone should create a Keanu Reeves conspiracy meme for this topic. What if my hard drive fills up with all these samples but it's really just the same sample over and over and over?
Old 7th November 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by systematika View Post
For people who like breaks where you're stealing someone else's sound anyway, it's a **** ton less expensive than buying a room full of records... :P
but it takes all the fun, creativity and art out of sampling. sampling is like street art or skateboarding. a subculture using something and twisting it to create something new. You don't have to sample records you can sample anything. sound is everywhere... sample a fart, at least you've created something. sample packs got no SOUL man!
Old 7th November 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
but it takes all the fun, creativity and art out of sampling. sampling is like street art or skateboarding. a subculture using something and twisting it to create something new. You don't have to sample records you can sample anything. sound is everywhere... sample a fart, at least you've created something. sample packs got no SOUL man!
I do some of that too, but the medium isn't that important to me. I tend to focus more on processing the sounds or writing synth patches and emphasize drum programming. Why go get a wax of Amen, Brother when it's already been sampled 4089458 times? :P
Old 7th November 2014
Quote:
Old 7th November 2014
Lives for gear

Old 7th November 2014
Lives for gear

This problem has been going since the dark ages of sampling... unfortunately made worse by products such as Maschine. Cue a saturated market of people trying to sell drum beats, phat beats, and every other name under the sun.

I made a decision a long time ago to stick with one or two drum packs, and in that case they were raw recordings from the classic drum machines, and not processed by plugins that essentially squash any character out of it. Go old school... layer, experiment, and process it yourself - create an awesome vibe.
Old 7th November 2014
Lives for gear
i need restrictions. a pack with 5000+ kicks would just have me browsing going nah... next... all night.
a couple of the actual drum machines works best for me.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search