The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
If Arturia released a Polybrute
Old 17th March 2015
Lives for gear

So want an Arturia poly...but not really of the brute tech. They've released two analogs that are the same at heart, and a special edition version of each. That makes 4 synthesizers, but only one sound. Ready for something new from them, something a bit more sweet, that Steiner-Parker can be a bit harsh sometimes (..and everything else about the machine). I want something that will complement my Minibrute and Microbrutes, not copy them again.

IMO, the two features I think would make a freaking awesome poly from Arturia are (in addition to a white paint job)
1.) Loopable envelopes
2.) a phaser or spring verb rather than a chorus, with CV modulation of course.

Easy to implement, and unique enough to set it apart. Unique just like those brutes were/are. $1,500 - $1,600.
I mean, If they can market a niche piece of digital hardware for $3,000 (Origin), they could absolutely produce something half as expensive that people actually desire. Come on Arturia, you can do it!

Last edited by aleyas; 17th March 2015 at 07:29 AM..
Old 17th March 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticGainsay View Post
All of that being said... if Arturia made a PolyBrute, you'd just play Juno chords with it.
Meaning . . . ?
Old 17th March 2015
Lives for gear

Meaning;it'll be fkn awesome!
But yeah, rev/phaser would be nice. Synch, great. Available is what I'm waiting for
Old 17th March 2015
Lives for gear

Meaning;it'll be fkn awesome!
But yeah, rev/phaser would be nice. Synch, great. Available is what I'm waiting for
Old 30th March 2015
Lives for gear

Bump. Still not over this Arturia.
How about a poll? I'd hate to see Behringer
get there first. 2 years is a long time.
Old 29th April 2015
Lives for gear

Damn; this one died down quick. I guess nobody wants a really affordable analog 8 voice. Shame. Lets hope the Interface doesn't flop or redirect Arturia away from analog synths.
Drums are my primary instrument, but i sing & write so, i use keys to write. Guitar as well but, i love synths, more inspiring to me. Can't financially justify a DSI/SC, Modal 8 voice poly so, i wish hard for a $1,000 Polybrute.
Something i think would sell in nice numbers because,... I mean, look at Parva. It has "sold" quite a few and, ain't even out. P6,p08 look and sound nice but, $2k is way too much for me.
Sorry for the long post but, I'm sort of the only person i know around here that loves and talks synths. Sure i know kboard players but, most use Romplers/bread n butter kind stuff, no tweaking. Boring to me mostly.
Old 23rd December 2015
Here for the gear

I would settle for the exact same polyphony as the Volca Keys with the minibrute filter and LFO if they can keep it to $600. If they do anything else and get higher in price they would get too close to the Dave Smith options, therefore I wouldn't buy it.

Seriously , as much as I love my Volca Keys, it's a shame that it has the multi-note, analog, synth under $300 on Lock.
Old 23rd December 2015
Lives for gear

At this point, i say screw Arturia! Roland will have my money soon. Be it the Boutiques or their offspring(full size w/keys, 16 voice ACB.
Old 24th December 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I'd have no interest unless it sounded vastly different from the Mini and Micro. It would need to top the A4 Keys.
Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

This deserves a bump!
Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

If only the earth was made of green cheese..

Last edited by wendell r.; 18th September 2020 at 12:58 PM..
📝 Reply