The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nord Lead 2 MIDI help! Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 21st November 2006
Here for the gear

Nord Lead 2 MIDI help!

I wasnt really sure where to put this topic, but here it is anyways.

I just recently picked up a Nord Lead 2 and I'm trying to figure out how to get a MIDI controller to change easier from patch to patch.

It seems with the Nord Lead 2, you can only press up and down buttons to switch between your patches, so Im trying to get something to control it just to automatically load a patch instead, via a midi controller.

I have a Boss DR-770 drum machine which has midi in and out, and Im thinking maybe the drum pads could be assigned via midi to the patches on the Nord - am I too far off base here?

If anyone knows anything that might help me out, youd be a life saver.
OR, I could just get really good at quickly changing the patches
Old 22nd November 2006
Lives for gear

I use Cubase SX to control my Nord 2. I would think any midi controller should be able to control it...at least change patches.

Sorry I dont know anything about the Boss drum machine.
Old 22nd November 2006
Gear Nut

not sure about using the Boss

however depending on your DAW of choice, you can set a program change within the midi clip in your DAW

in ableton its as simple as typing in the program no. into the program slot in the midi clip properties just to the left of the piano roll (editing screen)

doing this from a midi controller for live performance as such not sure, i think their theory is you can have the next patch you wanna play lined up on slot B, and when you want a different sound you hit a different slot.....not much help if you using all slots to layer up really massive sounds...per patch

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search