thanks
Old 1st September 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Help
Old 1st September 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
well, having never used the acidlab drumatix it is hard for me to say. i don't see a lot of information on their site about it, it does look like it has midi in which would be a handy plus over a stock 606, of course being able to shape the sounds more is nice over a stock 606. it looks like there are two kick drums and they both are tunable with decay, if that mimics what a 606 with tune and decay can do then that will be pretty impressive. the price isn't bad either. it looks like there is a trigger out which is linked to the rimshot, i'm glad they included at least one of these, very handy for clicking or triggering external stuff from this, a monotribe is one thing i like to slave to my 606 for example, 1/4 notes for normal time, 1/8 for double, 1/2 for 1/2 time, etc. i would assume that patterns can be written while it is running live, like a real 606. if it is built at all like the bassline3 which i have had a chance to touch and feel and hear, then it will be a solid built little machine which is always a good thing. the price looks nice as well.

having owned a stock 606, modded 606, and used another modded 606, i am impressed by the mods but not so much with the placement, it is quite peculiar to me to have the sound engine controls below the sequencer, it seems backwards and incredibly cumbersome, i wonder if it is an option to have that section moved up above the 606? exfade shows the kick drum having tune and decay which imho are the most important mods a person can do to a 606, it really makes the kick an 808 killer, well over a second long BOOOOM in your face rocking the place. i cannot seem to find a price for the mod, roland tr 606s are going above 500$ usd lately, i am not sure it would be worth it compared to the acidlab box. i wonder if it can still run off of batteries with these mods done, my modded 606 does not anymore which is kind of a bummer, i can see how that might not matter to many people though.

acidlab

exfade
Old 1st September 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have a modded 606 and it's a complete badass. I don't know enough about the other to comment.
Old 1st September 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Well no one has heard the Acidlab so it's all just speculation at this point. Looks sick though.

I love my unmodded 606 by the way. Well it has individual outs but that's it. Such a fun box...
Old 1st September 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I recently purchased an Acidlab Miami and my studio partner has a Bassline 3. All I can say is I am now a total Acidlab convert. Well built and designed little machines that really don't make you miss the originals or their potential problems. I can honestly and confidently say that I don't need a demo to know I want the Acidlab Drumatix.
πŸ“ Reply