The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Komplete 10 and "new" Kontrol S keyboards from Native Instruments soon???
Old 14th March 2015 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
Do you have to own Komplete for these to work with say Reaktor or Absynth? What level of integrated control would you get with such complex instruments?
The Komplete Kontrol software that is the integration component between the keyboard and the individual NI products will only work with products that were installed or updated by the Komplete 9 or Komplete 10 installers.

If you owned no other NI software and bought the standalone versions of Reaktor or Absynth today, you would not be able to use Komplete Kontrol with them, even though they're technically the same versions of the products that you would get in the Komplete 10 bundle.

Also, imagine that you had those two things installed and then decided to upgrade to Komplete 10 so you could use Komplete Kontrol. You would have to actually let the Komplete 10 installer update Reaktor and Absynth (instead of deselecting them at install time to speed up the setup process), otherwise Komplete Kontrol won't even open their plugins if you try to load any Reaktor or Absynth patches.
Old 14th March 2015
Thanks for clearing that up, Outsider.
Old 14th March 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
how did it not make "perfect sense" from the first announcement almost a year ago?
I did not realize how it integrates with the Maschine software. I thought it was just a MIDI controller with a fancy Komplete browser. How myopic of me....
Old 15th March 2015
Lives for gear

Here's a cool video.

Old 15th March 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderkyss View Post
Here's a cool video.

To embed, just put this part of the url: JWMOMga2nwM between the youtube tags:
Old 15th March 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by coven View Post
To embed, just put this part of the url: JWMOMga2nwM between the youtube tags:
Thanks. I also had to get rid of the spaces.
Old 25th April 2015
Gear Addict
I'm still on komplete 5. If they're support team wasn't completely atrocious I might consider it. And if they weren't so greedy putting out the bare minimum on this keyboard I might consider it. And if they're support team wasnt absolutely atrocious then I might consider it.

I've bought into the auto map thing so many times and it doesn't ever work as advertised. Every update moves me further into the analog world.

Ableton and external hardware for me.
Old 9th May 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Old 9th May 2015 | Show parent
Deleted c727f99
Quote:
Originally Posted by coven View Post
Cheers
Old 9th May 2015
Gear Addict
I just dealt with the support team again and after a few days they emailed back and were still as unhelpful and unpleasant as always with a bit of that pompous LA attitude. Sebastian was the guy I was chatting with. It seems like the culture there to be that way since I get the vibe from most folks there. I'll be staying behind the curve. I wouldn't mind hearing if any one else has experienced this.
Old 2nd December 2019 | Show parent
Gear Head
It's a load of ****! I bought any NI software and gear SPECIFICALLY for the integration (including auto mapping midi) and I find out, now, that the company had made extensive false claims.

Molekular is all I wanted. But had to buy Reaktor too! Of course the NI keyboard created a strong desire (I am not a brainiac about mapping, and NI has no scruples about that anyhow, as they scramble any "3rd party" controllers mapping. Only NI hardware follows a vividly understandable, common sense map.)

When I finally reach my goals in purchasing, after buying what I can(t) afford each month, I finally learn that their claims of integrated function are bold lies.

I'm pissed
What is the issue?
SO far KK and Maschine seem just fine for auto mapping NKS compatible plugins by default and then people make 3rd party NKS files you can install that pick up a lot of the popular 3rd party ones.. from Omnisphere to all the expansions as well as uvi and others.. its is well on its way to being a standard.. all of arturia's v-collection 7 is now NKS too. This includes mapping.. though what the mappings are is somewhat dependent on the plugin and the manufacturer making choices of what the useful DEFAULT pages are.. but you are free to save a preset in user and edit those for your needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Yeska View Post
It's a load of ****! I bought any NI software and gear SPECIFICALLY for the integration (including auto mapping midi) and I find out, now, that the company had made extensive false claims.

Molekular is all I wanted. But had to buy Reaktor too! Of course the NI keyboard created a strong desire (I am not a brainiac about mapping, and NI has no scruples about that anyhow, as they scramble any "3rd party" controllers mapping. Only NI hardware follows a vividly understandable, common sense map.)

When I finally reach my goals in purchasing, after buying what I can(t) afford each month, I finally learn that their claims of integrated function are bold lies.

I'm pissed
Gear Head
That's is hopeful to read.

I did read somewhere that I can assign TWO midi commands for controlling Molekular (proprietary NI software, with zero midi function?!)

Maybe it's still in beta, and they'll be releasing the functions in a future update?

I just hope i can trade this damn computer setup for a legitimate piece of hardware like the Mod Duo X.
Gear Head
The pick and poke of a mousepad turns me off so heavily as to anger me.

I need the real function of hardware to PLAY a piece of software, and the mouse pick-poke of the reality is not as promised in their sales pitch
In my case i assign both functions to a macro in ableton live and then midi learn that to one control on a midi controller.. should just work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Yeska View Post
That's is hopeful to read.

I did read somewhere that I can assign TWO midi commands for controlling Molekular (proprietary NI software, with zero midi function?!)

Maybe it's still in beta, and they'll be releasing the functions in a future update?

I just hope i can trade this damn computer setup for a legitimate piece of hardware like the Mod Duo X.
Gear Head
That's what's up. I really need to grasp the optimism You are blessed with.
📝 Reply