The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stompbox versus multi effect rack for nord lead 2X Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 7th August 2014
Here for the gear
Stompbox versus multi effect rack for nord lead 2X

Hi,
I'm thinking to add effects to my nord lead 2x for live set up. I already have a TC electronic m350 and M-one XL and lexicon mx200 in my studio but they are all installed and I don't want to remove any of them for my live setting....what could be a good effect set up for live, 3/4 stomp box, a multi effect? If yes which one, I would like to keep it simple, easy to use and to keep the analog sound of my 2X....
Let me know
Sincerely
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Addict

Have you got a mixer with AUX send/returns?
To me some effects are best in a stomp box, especially distortion and delay (mainly because I'm a also playing guitar). For modulation FX you're pretty well equipped already. Unless you can find an old POD XT, very flexible and decent sound wise.
But still get a decent distortion pedal!
Old 11th August 2014
Here for the gear
Yes, my mixer for live is a Tascam LM-8T with stereo send and return, I was thinking about an eventide H9 ?
Old 11th August 2014
Lives for gear

Ensoniq DP/4. You can use it as four separate mono effects, two stereo effects, or one stereo dual effect. Perfect if you use the Nord Lead 2 in multitimbrally.
Old 11th August 2014
Gear Addict

It seems a big investement for a live setup (H9 or DP4)... but then if you can afford it, you won't regret it!
Old 11th August 2014
Lives for gear

I'd personally go for 3 stomp boxes. A delay, chorus and reverb.

It's like the Nords were made for 3 of them to sit on top of
Old 17th May 2017
Here for the gear
Hi Guys,
Just to give you an update of what I finaly did with my NL2X. Thanks again for the good advice.
Sincerely
Attached Thumbnails
Stompbox versus multi effect rack for nord lead 2X-nord-lead-2x-tc-pedals.jpg  
Old 17th May 2017
Old 17th May 2017
Here for the gear

I like a lot of the Strymon pedals, put that with a synth and you get some interesting sounds.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search