The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
stand out people in the audio retail industry
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Maniac

stand out people in the audio retail industry

For me some really stand out people in the Audio business are Steven Slate, Amos from Moog, and Urs from U-He.

Who stands out for you?

I think for example Slate took a massive risk with Raven, I certainly wouldn't be interested in one, but I can see a niche market for them. I think it's really one of those things that could be a total game changer, but in the same vein a bit of a flop.. I respect Slates forward thinking with this product, and the fact that they are willing to take big risks to pioneer new technologies.

I also really appreciate how Slate takes all the time it needs to present the best quality equipment/software to the market. People complain about this, but really thats a bit stupid.. I'd be happier to wait, knowing I'm going to get something that I can totally rely on to be top quality.

Amos, well how can you not think that guy is not a complete legend?

Urs. Simply for making some of the most incredible, forward thinking, and different software instruments on the market. Also a straight up guy that will answer peoples questions and become a part of the community as much as anyone else to provide support and answers to any queries. You could say the same about the two people above as well.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search