The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Midi to 1/4" expression input on guitar pedal Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Nut

Midi to 1/4" expression input on guitar pedal

I have a few guitar pedals with 1/4" expression pedal input. I was wondering if there are and devices that can take midi input and convert it to the expression pedal signal. This way i could modulate the expression control from a daw, sequencer, or other midi device, essentially adding midi input to my midi-less fx pedals. Does this exist?

I found one thread suggesting CV output from analog gear could be made to do this. If that is true, could a midi to CV converter do the job?
Old 7th August 2014
Lives for gear

Kenton in the UK is one company that makes MIDI to CV converters. It may be worthwhile to shoot them an email asking this question.

Kenton MIDI to CV Converters
Old 7th August 2014
Lives for gear

Kenton in the UK is one company that makes MIDI to CV converters. It may be worthwhile to shoot them an email asking this question.

Kenton MIDI to CV Converters
Old 7th August 2014
Lives for gear

Most expression inputs can accept most cv outs...depending on the spec and if it's wired standard. Even audio rate modulation can work... For example if you played a drum beat through a 1/4" output on your computer and plugged it into your expression input...it should work...no adapter required. You may have to tweak the levels and depth to get the desired result...
Old 14th August 2014
Gear Nut

Anyone know if this would work? Empress Effects Midibox
Old 14th August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarue09 View Post
Anyone know if this would work? Empress Effects Midibox
No. As it says in their manual: "The Midibox does not convert a MIDI signal into an analog signal. The Midibox can't be used to output CV signals."
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search