The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mid controller faders got dust in them! Cant get them smooth again? Saturation Plugins
Old 6th August 2014
Gear Maniac

Mid controller faders got dust in them! Cant get them smooth again?

Hi

I just bought a Faderfox Dj44 dj controller. I played at an outdoor party and it was really dusty from people dancing. Most of my stuff had a layer of dust on afterwards.

I got home and all the faders on my controller were sticky and horrible, they werent moving smoothly like the day before. So I have just opened it up, sprayed the inside of the fader pots with compressed air, and then put Caig De oxit faderlube in, and they are still sticky and horrible!!

Very strange, any ideas? I have some replacement faders, but Im reluctant to solder them in as its a tight job on a board that wasnt done by hand, so I relaly dont want to mess it up.

The replacement faders dont seem to have any visible lubricant in them, but they move very smoothly.

Any ideas? I have another gig soon

Thanks
Old 6th August 2014
Lives for gear

I don't know if this will be bad advice but I would use Quick Dry Contact Cleaner before using the lube. air+contact cleaner+lube.
In fact, I don't even use lube, just contact cleaner
Old 6th August 2014
Lives for gear

I'd contact Mathias at Faderfox and ask him!
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Maniac

I did contact Mathias, he didnt have much to say. He just said I could order some new faders, which I did. But I am reluctant to solder them in as its brand new and pretty fiddly.

I have just ordered some other de oxit lube, the purer stuff, maybe it will work. Such a shame!!
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Hmmm, the air spray was a good idea, some kind of super-vacuum cleaning might have been good but once you put the lube in there it's probably stuck the dust together more. If it was me I'd bite the bullet and get soldering or find someone who knows what they're doing and pay them for their time The opportunity to put some better faders in there is def. worth taking > the faders were one thing I thought could have been better on the DJ44.
I absolutely love mine, I tweaked the tsi for Traktor a little and I've never enjoyed mixing so much, those cue point etc buttons are fantastic IMO. Good luck and let us know how you go.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search