The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Korg ARP Odyssey Update Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic92 View Post
Source?
Independent retailer - he says he has had hands on, it has mini keys.

Same retailer I got my TG77 from yesterday (see other thread). He may have been BS-ing me, did offer to call when I could pre-order (but not taking them now) and said practically nothing else. I think some of the rumors have come from the recent Moog Dealers seminar which is ongoing in NJ.
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
Independent retailer - he says he has hands on, it has mini keys.
Did he make a video?
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Did he make a video?
Yes, he strolled into Korg's lab and said, "would you mind terribly letting me video this and popping it onto YouTube"... the engineer replied "sure thing man... please credit me personally, 'cos I hate my job and it'd be a great way of getting fired".

I realize there is a 99.9% chance of this being pure BS... I don't know anymore than you, but this is what I was told only yesterday whilst haggling for my TG77.
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, he strolled into Korg's lab and said, "would you mind terribly letting me video this and popping it onto YouTube"... the engineer replied "sure thing man... please credit me personally, 'cos I hate my job and it'd be a great way of getting fired".

I realize there is a 99.9% chance of this being pure BS... I don't know anymore than you, but this is what I was told only yesterday whilst haggling for my TG77.
Aha. Aha. Interesting, interesting.

So, you bought a TG77 at a retailer in 2014? That knew about the Odyssey re-issue? Could you please specify which retailer this was from?
Old 10th August 2014
Gear Guru
I love time machines..
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Aha. Aha. Interesting, interesting.

So, you bought a TG77 at a retailer in 2014? That knew about the Odyssey re-issue? Could you please specify which retailer this was from?
No, I couldn't possibly tell you...

but... it was in NJ, sold second hand synths (obviously) as well as new ones, has been partially closed for the last week because the owner has been at the Moog Dealers conference and has the words 'wave' and 'three' in the name (not necessarily in that order), and he's pretty much as (in)famous for his vintage synth repairing skills, as he is for selling them.
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel View Post
I love time machines..
Me too, I wen't to this retailer once where they time-warped me back to summer NAMM 1982 when the DX-7 hit shelves. I came back to the present with a freaking MOOG Model D for 100 Bucks. Can you believe it! Also, they told me back in 1982 that Korg would re-issue the MS-20 with mini keys in 2013. And it was true! Crazy!
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Me too, I wen't to this retailer once where they time-warped me back to summer NAMM 1982 when the DX-7 hit shelves. I came back to the present with a freaking MOOG Model D for 100 Bucks. Can you believe it! Also, they told me back in 1982 that Korg would re-issue the MS-20 with mini keys in 2013. And it was true! Crazy!
Given that you've made 177 posts in a little over a month, I'd be surprised if you've been anywhere outside of your bedroom.
Old 10th August 2014
Gear Guru
Given that you're from Brooklyn, NY ... I wouldn't be too surprised that you're originally from Nebraska
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Given that you've made 177 posts in a little over a month, I'd be surprised if you've been anywhere outside of your bedroom.
Oh come on, why so stingy?

While we are on the subject of my bedroom, it's a pretty cozy place, full of synthesizers, lots of music to be made and an overall very nice atmosphere. You are free to chill out if you are in the neighborhood. Bring your TG77 along!
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
lol
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Given that you're from Brooklyn, NY ... I wouldn't be too surprised that you're originally from Nebraska
Now that's just mean, and about 2,000 miles in the wrong direction.

Quote:
Oh come on, why so stingy?

While we are on the subject of my bedroom, it's a pretty cozy place, full of synthesizers, lots of music to be made and an overall very nice atmosphere. You are free to chill out if you are in the neighborhood. Bring your TG77 along!
It's a bit big to wander around with - you're in BK?

Old 10th August 2014
Gear Guru
Quote:
Now that's just mean, and about 2,000 miles in the wrong direction.
bah... I tried..
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

NP - Nice that we all trust each other though eh?
Old 10th August 2014
Gear Guru
well you ruined it first!
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
well you ruined it first!
I think I got called a liar first... then got all silly.
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

I love yii all in drunk
Old 10th August 2014
it has a sequencer and full size keys and all revisions of the filters! There is a demo video of it up!

Just adding to the BS in the thread. All not true.
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
it was in NJ, sold second hand synths (obviously) as well as new ones, has been partially closed for the last week because the owner has been at the Moog Dealers conference and has the words 'wave' and 'three' in the name (not necessarily in that order), and he's pretty much as (in)famous for his vintage synth repairing skills, as he is for selling them.
So you're saying Sam (Osamu) from Three Wave Music told you this? I'll have to ask him about it.
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Omgggggggggggggggg sitl drunk live you alllv
Old 11th August 2014
Lives for gear
genetic92, you are no TremblingLarry
Old 11th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wozniak View Post
So you're saying Sam (Osamu) from Three Wave Music told you this? I'll have to ask him about it.
You should, yes.
Old 11th August 2014
Lives for gear

Still want a Time Machine though.
Old 11th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Still want a Time Machine though.
Well, Korg are catering for a lot of us lately, so maybe they can reissue one for us?

It'll probably have mini-keys, but as long as it goes back to where we need....
Old 11th August 2014
As a result of reading the poll results regarding mini keys, Korg has decided to scrap their current design completely, and go with a model with full size keys. This will delay release of the product by seven months.

Old 11th August 2014
Here for the gear

To the people who say I'm trolling or starting rumors, I am not. I've been a lurker for awhile and I rarely get to post because I'm busy with my band etc. I really would like to be more active on here, and I plan on doing just that! But trust me I am not a troll by any means.
Old 11th August 2014
Lives for gear

Meanwhile, at Korg headquarters, Karp production is a little out of control...

Old 12th August 2014
I really hope mini-keys are a bad joke !!!!!
Old 12th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot gigante View Post
Meanwhile, at Korg headquarters, Karp production is a little out of control...

I wish I can thump you up but I dont understand the joke im so stupid omg
Old 12th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I wish I can thump you up but I dont understand the joke im so stupid omg
I suggest you google "carp"
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search