The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Korg ARP Odyssey Update Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 8th August 2014
Here for the gear

If its true i will buy the white face...... Its the most beautifull!!!!!!!!!!! Without any doubt!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8th August 2014
I would think a company with the resources and experience of Korg would have a prototype by now.
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I would think a company with the resources and experience of Korg would have a prototype by now.
With a projected release of September, they would have to be past the prototype stage and into production by now.
Old 9th August 2014
They supposedly had a prototype when they announced the whole thing, it was pictured in their press release.
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeQuarkStar View Post
They supposedly had a prototype when they announced the whole thing, it was pictured in their press release.

KORG announces the development of an all new ARP Odyssey synthesizer. | News | KORG

Quote:
Tokyo, Japan - February 17, 2014 - KORG INC. is proud to announce that a faithful recreation of the legendary 1970s analog synthesiser, the ARP Odyssey, is being developed by Korg for release later in 2014.

In the last few years, KORG INC. has released several top selling analog synthesizers such as the monotrons series, the monotribe, the volca series and the hugely successful MS-20 mini, a faithful fully analog recreation of the 1978 MS-20.
Old 9th August 2014
Quote:
Tokyo, Japan - February 17, 2014 - KORG INC. is proud to announce that a faithful recreation of the legendary 1970s analog synthesiser, the ARP Odyssey, is being developed by Korg for release later in 2014.

In the last few years, KORG INC. has released several top selling analog synthesizers such as the monotrons series, the monotribe, the volca series and the hugely successful MS-20 mini, a faithful fully analog recreation of the 1978 MS-20.
Hm, all this time I was thinking that it would not necessarily be a mini version because their "faithful MS-20 recreation" had the "mini" modifier attached to its name, whereas the Odyssey announcement lacked any mentioning of "mini". But they did not in fact give a name to this new product, they only described it, mostly in the same way they do the MS-20 mini; omitting a a size description. It could very well be named "Odyssey mini", for all we know from the press release. The prototype in the picture kinda does look like it's mini-sized, after all.
I'd still buy it
Old 9th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by once was... View Post
Maybe like this (?):

I have to say if this source is in any way genuine on the minikeys then my GAS levels have gone from 'uber-excited' to 'not so bothered'.
ah the creamware version looks very nice. killer design. if only it was analog..

i hate mini keys on a monoanalog. please just 19" slightly tilted desktop then.
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

MS-20 Mini never had "mini" keys. As in Casio CZ-101 mini keys. Those are medium sized keys, 85-ish percent of full size keys (ever played an accordion?). Perfectly playable even with larger hands, I find. And the LENGTH of the keys is longer than the usual mini keys. I just wish people would stop whining about this.
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
MS-20 Mini never had "mini" keys. As in Casio CZ-101 mini keys. Those are medium sized keys, 85-ish percent of full size keys (ever played an accordion?). Perfectly playable even with larger hands, I find. And the LENGTH of the keys is longer than the usual mini keys. I just wish people would stop whining about this.
I just wished people would stop whining about whining about it's 85% so it's not mini but I'm also whining so actually this is whining as well but then again this is Gearslutz so It's okay.
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Davis View Post
The average GS user.

What is Gaz Williams doing with those hands? Is this part of his live set, or something? (Just kidding, Gaz )
Old 9th August 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TremblingLarry
Whatever it will be, what ever decent things about us will be turned out for chump change eventually, will have no true input. And it will be death and discomfort. A requisite exaggeration of insult, then a a sarcasm less than truth. Then a basic utility of possibility. Then a crowing of whoever was superficially right. Then the essential machine. Basically the essential truth will be ruined. It will all come back to the cadaver. The argument will eat itself, and the sacred parameters will renew themselves in beautiful stupidity. There is no reality. It will only be semi new sounds out of the monkey system. There will be no insight. Only pantomimes of sophisticated sex. Simplistic metaphors will rule all. There will will be no more music. It will all end and start in a dumb orgy of power. All music will be money and amnesia. The decent and obsolete will think themselves insane, and eat themselves alive. The gifted will be mad. The art will be the joke. Just ****ing kidding.
1 Hour Ago 06:32 PM
Define:

-sacred parameters
-monkey system
-sophisticated sex

thanks

Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
hmmmmmm

yet you have said things like this over and over again

Quote:
Still continuing to be so dense, grasspike?

When it comes out as 1:1 size reissue in September (and it WILL be a 1:1 size reissue, whatever your dense non-thinking might otherwise imply) I'll be back in this thread laughing in your face. Make no doubt about it.
Quote:
Relax, Tom!

...which is exactly what I've been saying all along. These are not mini or even micro keys.
have you finally stopped whining about minikeys yourself? And remember even Korg calls they keys on the MS20Mini "mini keys"

So I guess you won't be laughing in my face now and you actually like minikeys?
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TremblingLarry View Post
Whatever it will be, what ever decent things about us will be turned out for chump change eventually, will have no true input. And it will be death and discomfort. A requisite exaggeration of insult, then a a sarcasm less than truth. Then a basic utility of possibility. Then a crowing of whoever was superficially right. Then the essential machine. Basically the essential truth will be ruined. It will all come back to the cadaver. The argument will eat itself, and the sacred parameters will renew themselves in beautiful stupidity. There is no reality. It will only be semi new sounds out of the monkey system. There will be no insight. Only pantomimes of sophisticated sex. Simplistic metaphors will rule all. There will will be no more music. It will all end and start in a dumb orgy of power. All music will be money and amnesia. The decent and obsolete will think themselves insane, and eat themselves alive. The gifted will be mad. The art will be the joke. Just ****ing kidding.
Dude, I love you.
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TremblingLarry View Post
Excellent! I will regard you as the GS shaman from now on.
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

I want some of what Larry's on!
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

I hereby raise my glass and proclaim TremblingLarry as the official Gearslut poet. Half of what he said barely made any sense and was probably fueled by a long night of heavy drinking. In other words, it as spoken like a true poet. Cheers.
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
have you finally stopped whining about minikeys yourself? And remember even Korg calls they keys on the MS20Mini "mini keys"
I have never whined about Korg's minikeys. Half the GS is.

Quote:
So I guess you won't be laughing in my face now and you actually like minikeys?
And where did I say that I hated minikeys? Nowhere.
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

I hate minikeys.

Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

No pre orders yet, but an announcement will be made from Korg in Sept. Expected to ship very late Sept. Apparently sounds amazing and will be "very affordable"
Old 10th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonInAustralia View Post
I want some of what Larry's on!
Old 10th August 2014
Gear Nut

I can easily see this being $599 with fullsize keys. No way it will be mini/85. Minibrute anyone? 25 keys is almost as frustrating. But only almost.

Plus we're talking about keys! The ms-20 kit is certainly overpriced, I wanna know how the cost difference in materials makes it twice as much. Korg can make these things with fullsize keys, sell tons and still make a fortune.
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by imissthewar View Post
Plus we're talking about keys! The ms-20 kit is certainly overpriced, I wanna know how the cost difference in materials makes it twice as much.
Probably also to do with the cost of lower volume production, and marketing choices, not just cost of components.
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
No pre orders yet, but an announcement will be made from Korg in Sept. Expected to ship very late Sept. Apparently sounds amazing and will be "very affordable"
Source?
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Maybe they should make the keys 85% smaller to stop them hanging over the bottom edge, like the original ARP's,.
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Mitch View Post
Maybe they should make the keys 85% smaller to stop them hanging over the bottom edge, like the original ARP's,.
What's the problem with them hanging over the edge?

Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Ouch yeah. I can see that fate hitting my Analog Keys at some point in the future :S
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonInAustralia View Post
What's the problem with them hanging over the edge?

I dont care. Still want it hahaha.

Quick question: anyone knows if the different components of an Oddessey are the same as the Arp 2600? Like the VCO's and filters? I know at some point the 2600 had the same filter as the Model D.
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

You know what this thread is missing? A little howling.

Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
FWIW and you can take this with what ever grain of salt you wish, or choose to believe it or not, I really do not care

but I was talking with my sales engineer at Sweetwater this past week, about a bunch of different things for the live sound company I work for, anyway I told him to let me know when I could preorder the Korg Arp Odyssey that I wanted to jump on it, so I could get it as soon as they do

He told me he had no info on it, he called me back the next day and said I could preorder it now by putting down a deposit and be first in line, but they have no information on them and do not expect any information until late fall early winter and do not expect to be shipping until spring 2015 or later, I passed at this point due to the fact I do not know what it will cost in the end

again take that for what it is, but that time table sounds right to me given the total radio silence on it
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by imissthewar View Post
I can easily see this being $599 with fullsize keys.
I can easily see you being very wrong (although it would be nice if you weren't!).
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search