The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland Integra 7 or Sample Tank 3 ?
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike vee View Post
well, that's the world you can't change it. them changing the name would have been the smart thing to do. it's not too late! re-issue as integra keys with the XV sounds.

Old 10th August 2014
Gear Addict

A bit off topic, but hows the Omnisphere stands against the Integra 7 ?
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNGmaestro View Post
Exactly the same as the Integra.
The Integra does have some increased programming capabilities the J-80 does not.

They're really two different beasts with the same core wave capabilities. The J-80 is all about live performance while the Integra is more the studio-monster.
Old 10th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by divine source View Post
A bit off topic, but hows the Omnisphere stands against the Integra 7 ?
Well, for starters, Eric Persing, the creator of Omnisphere, was previously Chief Sound Designer at Roland. Read this.

The sound quality of Omnisphere is simply phenomenal, and is as good or better than anything you can get out of the Integra.

That being said, they are two very different instruments.

The Integra excels in it's collection of "bread and butter" sounds - acoustic pianos, electric pianos, guitars, strings, organs, drums, brass, woodwinds, etc. It also has tons of synth leads, synth pads, sound effects, and virtually every other sound you could possibly want, ever. It is a Swiss Army Knife of synthesizers - the ultimate rompler with a VA synth thrown in.

Omnisphere, on the other hand, has very few "bread and butter" sounds, except for a ton of string pads, some guitars, bells, and a couple of other things. Any pianos, EPs, or organs you will find in Omnisphere are mostly strange and unusual characterizations. It is full of synthesizer-type sounds - countless leads and pads, although they tend toward the unusual. You won't find 50 different synth brass sounds for use in 80's pop tunes. There are no drum kits in Omnisphere.

Omnisphere assumes that the user either already has, or doesn't want, all of the standard rompler fare. It is easily my favorite software instrument.
Old 12th August 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrod View Post
The Integra does have some increased programming capabilities the J-80 does not.

They're really two different beasts with the same core wave capabilities. The J-80 is all about live performance while the Integra is more the studio-monster.
I was talking about the Rhodes sound in the video being the exact same.

If you followed this thread i said the Jupiter-80 has a different more flexible effect section than the Integra.
Old 4th September 2014
Lives for gear

i am a owner of sampletank 3 and i am highly underwhelmed and disappointed. Sounds are meh at best and i hate the sound browser is. Why do all the sounds have to have that dumb tab on them. makes it hard to just effortless browse sounds. i would stick with the integra i love mine.
Old 4th September 2014
Lives for gear

I just wanted to add that I love the Integra more and more every day. Unles something ridiculous comes out soon, this will be THE rompler for at least the next 5-6 years.
📝 Reply