The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Valhalla Vintage Verb Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 4th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaldansk View Post
I started the thread being polite. I continued being polite through all the hateful responses. There's only so much I'll take. 95% of you are pricks. Failed musicians who spend their days as "the most popular guy on gearslutz". In reality, your career has gone no where, you're full of hate and bitterness, so you decide to hide behind the internet's anonymity and act like you're a big shot. This forum needs better moderation. People should be able to come here to genuinely ask questions and not be bombarded with a bunch of assholes and rude remarks.

Whatever. I'm done here. Worst mistake I've ever made coming to GS expecting that I'll actually find some valuable information and genuinely good people who are willing to help.

2 learnings here
1. You can also learn by reading in silence
2. Overthink your questions BEFORE you post. What kind of answers did you expect to get. Your question is like "should i like blue or red" it's all up to you.
People here are getting sick of all those kids asking for some kind of EDM secrets blue-print, as if it exists. YOU need to man up and make some decissions in your life, have a point of view and make great music, rather than become a "me too EDM template house Big Room leech with no taste of his own" man up!
Old 4th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ999x View Post
OK, so if you google the quesiton you're going to pose, and get some relevant results, it's impolite / wrong to post the question? Is that the rule?

I dont agree with this rule but just want to check i understand your point.
This is directed at whom, exactly?
Old 4th August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ999x View Post
Mt 2c, the problem here, gentlemen, isnt the language anyone has used (I cant be bothered to review but i think it wasn't exactly screaming insults), or that veterans can or cant troll (surely some can and do, some dont )

It's that for every specific answer to OP's question, which is hardly grade-1 newbie, there are another five answers that go something like this:

"Your question is wrong, mixing 101 is about [good but unrelated advice that could be given to 90% of the questions on this forum and sound as reasonable], oh and here's what i think of the modern music you're making"

A real answer could include that but also provide some specific info related to OP's question e.g. once you've fixed the mix knob and found a preset you like, play with decay and mix first, and also check that you're not adding unhelpful mud by hipassing using VV's internal hipass EQ.
You really summed it up perfectly.
Old 4th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hello, Good Day Slutz! (haha) I just downloaded the trial version of Valhalla Vintage Verb plugin, and just wanted to say that my first impressions are that this thing sounds great!
So far so good....

Quote:
I'm in a bit of a rush to finish a project for a friend, and I'm thinking about giving a run of the VintageVerb on it. Since I'm in a bit of a time crunch -- and since I'm notorious for spending hours and hours losing myself in plugins going through and playing around with all the pretty presets (my weakness! haha)
WTF are u telling us here? what's your point and WHY is it funny haha?!?

Quote:
Does anybody have any "go-to's" that I should check out so that I can get rolling on this project and have it finished on time? (instead of spending the next 3 days toying around haha)
Do we know your project, do we know what it needs? Why would you like to use a new demo plug if you are in a hurry in the first place?!? again, what's so funny hahaha?!?

Quote:
The genre is your typical, 128bpm, "Beatport"-style energetic dance music.
Yeah, that says it all, we now exactly know what your track needs.

Quote:
Any recommendations for great starting points for your typical "Plate", "Hall", "Room"? Thanks for the help guys! Valhalla did a great job with this one!!
How would you know? you didn't even go through the presets. Your question is like "hej i torrented this Sylenth 5000 presets pack, can someone give me a shortlist of what's worth checking for ****ty me too EDM? because I'm to lazy to check them all myself"

jumpppp jumppp everybody jummmpp jummmppp
Old 4th August 2014
Gear Maniac

Geez! So much gear to talk about and people waste their time scolding some kid.
Old 4th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by baethku View Post
Geez! So much gear to talk about and people waste their time scolding some kid.
It runs deep, as it's examplary for what's happening A LOT ATM
Old 5th August 2014
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Mastering View Post
It runs deep, as it's examplary for what's happening A LOT ATM
It's a shame that that's the case -- not specifically relating to this thread, but to GEARSLUTZ in it's entirety.

Unlike most other hobbies/professions, people who share common interests are typically MORE THAN HAPPY to share any useful information they can with somebody who is just starting out and genuinely wants to learn and approaches it in a kind, respectful manner. The problem with music production (specifically digital music production) is that this camaraderie is practically non-existent. Everybody knows what they know by years of hitting brick walls, asking questions that nobody was kind enough to answer, wasting 100's -- if not 1000's of hours, dicking around and trying to figure out concepts which could just as easily be explained or demonstrated by a nice and willing individual. Everybody sees everybody as a "threat".. regardless of how experienced you are. Nobody wants to make things any easier for anybody else who are trying to achieve the ultimate goals as they are.. even though it's SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT THE MUSIC .. it turns into something else. Sure you can look at music production like the army or some fraternity.. where every member has to deal with at least a year of absolute face-planting before they can finally get their feet communicating and moving in the general direction you want them to. Sure, you can look at it with the attitude of "why should anybody else have it starting off any easier than I did?" or "they need to learn everything on their own like i did". But what's the point in doing that? What are you trying to prove? I may not be the best producer in the world, but I try. I try damn hard. It was a struggle for me a year ago, and it's still a slowly-progressing struggle for me now, but that's no reason for me to act like a jerk to someone looking for help. I remember how I felt when I started off, which is why I try to do my best to help nice people who are just starting out.. because I know I wished that someone would have helped me out when I was in their position.

Sure, okay, you could argue that people have different tastes and applications for everything and that it's something for me to decide by myself, but I specified what sound I was looking for. I specified what genre/bpm/feel that I'm looking for. With that being said, let me ask you something..

Pretend this:
You have a friend who works at a movie theatre that offers 20 different films to choose from. You don't really know all that much about movies, except that maybe you like comedies and action-thrillers (in this case, most 128bpm Beatport-style dance tracks). With 20 different films playing, and with your friend knowing what genre you like the best and would fit your description the best, would it really be that far out of the picture to ask your friend who knows everything there is to know about movies, for a recommendation out of the 20 film options, which ones may be best to start with, based on what you've told him?

No. He would pick out a few from the list of the 20 movies, based on what kind of "feel" or "genre" you're going for, and make your experience slightly more enjoyable.
Old 5th August 2014
Quote:

Pretend this:
You have a friend who works at a movie theatre that offers 20 different films to choose from. You don't really know all that much about movies, except that maybe you like comedies and action-thrillers (in this case, most 128bpm Beatport-style dance tracks). With 20 different films playing, and with your friend knowing what genre you like the best and would fit your description the best, would it really be that far out of the picture to ask your friend who knows everything there is to know about movies, for a recommendation out of the 20 film options, which ones may be best to start with, based on what you've told him?

No. He would pick out a few from the list of the 20 movies, based on what kind of "feel" or "genre" you're going for, and make your experience slightly more enjoyable.
The analogy isn't valid. Try using making a movie instead of watching it. You ask your buddy who has been making movies for years how to light a shot, something which takes real skill and time to develop that skill, and he discovers you've barely looked through the viewfinder or taken any pictures on your own to get a vibe for how it works. He's gonna tell you "sure dude, learn to crawl and come back in a year?" and that's because he's your friend.

You are new here. You made a bad first impression due to the nature of this post and a couple others, which just happen to be the posts that regulars here HATE seeing. Someone who has barely even tried on their own asking not for help but handouts. You need to show some effort to learn this stuff on your own or else you'll continue to get treated the same way most likely. Not by me, I'm done now.

And on a side note- it would probably help if you stopped using the phrase "128bpm Beatport-style dance tracks". Maybe in your universe everyone who's anyone uses Beatport, but it does nothing to describe the type of reverb you'd want on your snare vs a synth at all. I still have no idea what kind of music that is.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search