The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue vs Digital - Diva and OB8 test Keyboard Synthesizers
View Poll Results: Which synth is First in the 8 bar cycle?
Diva
92 Votes - 51.11%
OB8
88 Votes - 48.89%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th August 2014
Lives for gear

Hows about dirty,bubbling,buzzing,in your face,heavy and just plain out of fuggin control!!!!!!!!!! Some words to describe sound...

edit-cant wait for the clever one line replies from the sw/i love my pc crew.

edit 2-wow that was qwick......]
Old 4th August 2014
Lives for gear

I must admit id prefer a guitar and amp atm.....
Old 4th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
Yes its familiar because it is the way people make arguments and debate - to provide supporting evidence. What you dont seem to realise that that doesnt mean the argument is false or heavily influenced by confirmation bias. Cognitive bias is a tendency with variation - not an absolute fact. And the only way to evaluate the impact of bias is to study the balance of objective evaluation in the debate - not something you have done.

The irony - as I told you before - is your misuse of the term exposes your own bias - the bias of a troll:
You're just flat-out wrong, you're so blinded you can't even tell what CB actually is, it's no wonder you don't realize you're practicing it yourself.

The supreme irony was your demonstration of a classic example of confirmation bias in the same post where you make fun of it - you went looking for a news item to support something you believed - in this case finding a poll by Rolling Stone - and you ignored any possibility of countervailing evidence nor did you even bother to look for it.

What was funny was your crack at the end of the post ... about confirmation bias - you opened the door.
Old 4th August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
You're just flat-out wrong, you're so blinded you can't even tell what CB actually is, it's no wonder you don't realize you're practicing it yourself.

The supreme irony was your demonstration of a classic example of confirmation bias in the same post where you make fun of it - you went looking for a news item to support something you believed - in this case finding a poll by Rolling Stone - and you ignored any possibility of countervailing evidence nor did you even bother to look for it.

What was funny was your crack at the end of the post ... about confirmation bias - you opened the door.
You do realize you're talking about the guy who posted this entire thread because he was amazed at how close he could get Diva and his OB8 to sound? You are throwing out allegations that seem pretty meaningless in context.
Old 4th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by prontold View Post
You do realize you're talking about the guy who posted this entire thread because he was amazed at how close he could get Diva and his OB8 to sound? You are throwing out allegations that seem pretty meaningless in context.
.... and then backpedaled from his own result.

He's the one who keeps bringing up the confirmation bias stuff, not me.

If you want to suffer through it, read the entire thread.
Old 5th August 2014
OK, we're into bickering...
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search