The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The E-mu Command Station XL-7/MP-7/PK-7 and Proteus 2500 tutorials Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 2nd November 2014
What's great about the Prodatum randomize feature is that I can use my computer keyboard to initiate the randomization instead of wearing out the enter button on my module.
Old 3rd November 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
Because Windows is evil. Still, only slightly more so than Apple. But still... EVIL!!!!

Good answer. I haven't done it either.

Page 280 of the manual:

http://www.e-univercity.com/SynthGea...7/XL7_Op-F.pdf
Well now Im embarrassed & red faced. I thought I had so well read the manual!

Thanks so much. Now Im excited. I actually only got my XL7 last year & haven't really gone deep with it yet synth programming wise.

I have gone deep with my Ultraproteus though which Ive had for @ 16 years , not that that excuses me from not knowing the above. The UP is a very deep synth as the XL7 is obviously.

Thanks Plaid Emu Im stoked now. Im so glad I embarrassed myself. I can't wait to explore the XL7 ( & I don't have to as its beside me)

Last edited by Spectralwaves; 3rd November 2014 at 04:44 AM.. Reason: beetroot soup
Old 3rd November 2014
No problemo, mang. Glad I could help. Just watch your levels. Sometimes the random feature opens up a sonic portal from hell.

And don't feel bad about not knowing your modern gear in and out. I'm still learning new tricks on nearly all my digital hardware. It can be overwhelming.
Old 8th December 2014
Lives for gear

I've asked this in the Yahoo group, but wanted to try my luck here as well. And sorry to get off topic.

My screen is dying. Some of my pixels are starting to fade. Is there anything I can do about this?

I've read about backlight repair on other instruments, but not fading pixels. I'm concerned.

And just as I'm getting into using my PX-7 for more than just a percussion sound module. Another ROM on the way and everything.
Old 8th December 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezowinZ View Post
My screen is dying. Some of my pixels are starting to fade. Is there anything I can do about this?
The most probable causes are the power supply or the LCD module itself.

I recently took my Proteus 2000 apart to replace skipping data wheel encoder and while I was at it, I took a quick look at the LCD module. The good news is that it looked as bog standard as LCDs go. Probably all Proteus 2000 family boxes use the same LCD.

I didn't take note of any part numbers, but if you visit an electronic parts store with the old display, I'm sure you probably find a replacement part. Of course, check or have someone check the power supply first.
Old 8th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinecultist View Post
The most probable causes are the power supply or the LCD module itself.

I recently took my Proteus 2000 apart to replace skipping data wheel encoder and while I was at it, I took a quick look at the LCD module. The good news is that it looked as bog standard as LCDs go. Probably all Proteus 2000 family boxes use the same LCD.

I didn't take note of any part numbers, but if you visit an electronic parts store with the old display, I'm sure you probably find a replacement part. Of course, check or have someone check the power supply first.
Thanks! Good to hear I can address this. Unfortunately, I've never opened anything like this. I guess I'll be looking for a local repair person. I wish I knew how to fix this stuff myself. I don't even know what I'd be looking for regarding the power supply. I have a fair amount of aging equipment too.

I have a skipping data wheel on a Motif Rack. It has buttons that duplicate it's function, so I've been working around it. I just watched a vid of someone replacing one on a Proteus module. Involves soldering. Lucky me!

Thanks again!

Pardon the non-creative tangent.
Old 11th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Quote from Command Station FAQs: Because E-Mu has complex Z-Plane filters that take a high amount of CPU cycles to calculate, all of which must happen at the same time your music is playing back. To help keep the strain of calculating those filters from affecting the timing critical playback of your Songs or Patterns, some compromises had to be made. In the case of the Command Stations, Resonance is fixed at note on, and cannot be changed while a note is held. See the Tutorials and Tricks section at E-Mu's website for a way to "fake" resonance sweeps using layer crossfading.
Of course, the link is dead in the FAQ above. Can anyone share this method of faking resonance sweeps?

Balma, this could very well be something you've explained already after listening to some of your examples. Being a Command Station noob, most of it is going over my head at the moment. If this is the case, can you give a simplified example?

Quote:
Wow! This is major for someone like myself just getting to know his PX-7.
Old 23rd February 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by balma View Post
The idea of this sound, is to produce a continuous changing effect over the sample waveforms. There´s a recognizable form in the sound, but also it has an unexpected behavior. This makes the sound more interesting and not just a mechanical predictable behavior. Trying to emulate the nature in some way.

PatchCord programming:
Aimed to hold a single note during a couple of minutes and produce changes over several parameters that won´t repeat on the same way. There will be noticeable patterns, but also unexpected changes over these patterns will be present.

I recorded the sound without the modulation matrix and filters programming at the beginning of this audio sample, to allow a comparison before/after using the modulation matrix and also demostrate how radically the Command Station´s engine can tweak samples.

Also there are no effects applied, I bypassed the FX section, to better appreciate how the mod matrix works:

Here´s the programming for this sound using the XL-7 ROM.. I can provide the whole chart if necessary. You can change the waveforms used and experiment how other samples react to these tricks:

WAveforms used:
L1 INSTRUMENT ROM:XROM
0460 wav:SquareAttack
L2 INSTRUMENT ROM:XROM
0463 wav:Sinusoid
L3 INSTRUMENT ROM:XROM
0459 wav:Juno Square
L4 INSTRUMENT ROM:XROM
0456 wav: Juno Square

Filters used:
L1 Filter Ord Type
DeadRinger 12 REZ
Freq: 128 Q:25

L2 Filter Ord Type
PhazeShift2 6 PHA
Freq: 64 Q: 32

L3 Filter Ord Type
ContraBand 06 BPF
Freq: 95 Q:0

L4 Filter Ord Type
KlubKlassik 12 LPF
Freq: 48 Q:0

FILTER ENVELOPE:
Mode: tempo-based
Repeat: on
AUX ENVELOPE:
Mode: tempo-based
Repeat: on

Modulation Matrix program:
With "All", I mean -same value for all layers-

LAll PATCHCORDS #01
Pink -> Gain4x +000

LAll PATCHCORDS #02
Gain -> Quantize +100

LAll PATCHCORDS #03
Quantize -> SLoop +100

LAll PATCHCORDS #04
FilEnv+ -> FiltFreq +000

LAll PATCHCORDS #05
AuxEnv+ -> C04Amt +000

L1 PATCHCORDS #06
ClkWhole -> ChrsAmt +000
L2 PATCHCORDS #06
ClkHalf ->ChrAmt +000
L3 PATCHCORDS #06
ClkQtr -> ChrsAmt +000
L4 PATCHCORDS #06
Clk8th -> ChrsAmt +000

L1 PATCHCORDS #07
Lfo1+ -> RTXfade +050
L2 PATCHCORDS #07
Lfo1+ -> RTXfade +100
L3 PATCHCORDS #07
Lfo1+ -> C06Amt +000
L4 PATCHCORDS #07
Lfo2+ -> C06Amt +000

L1 PATCHCORDS #08
Lfo1+ -> AmpPan +000
L2 PATCHCORDS #08
Lfo1+ -> AmpPan +000
L3 PATCHCORDS #08
Lfo2+- -> AmpPan +000
L4 PATCHCORDS #08
Lfo2+- -> AmpPan +000

LAll PATCHCORDS #09
XfdRand-> C04Amt +000

LAll PATCHCORDS #10
AuxEnv+- -> Gain4x +000

LAll PATCHCORDS #11
Gain4x -> SLoop +100

LAll PATCHCORDS #12
Lfo2+- -> C13Amt +000

LAll PATCHCORDS #13
FilEnv+- -> Gain4x +100

LAll PATCHCORDS #14
Gain4x -> C11Amt +000

L1 PATCHCORDS #15
Midi I -> AmpVol -36
L2 PATCHCORDS #15
Midi J -> AmpVol -36
L3 PATCHCORDS #15
Midi K -> AmpVol -36
L4 PATCHCORDS #15
Midi L -> AmpVol -36

L1 PATCHCORDS #16
MidiM -> C09Amt +100
L2 PATCHCORDS #16
MidiN -> C09Amt +100
L3 PATCHCORDS #16
MidiO -> C09Amt +100
L4 PATCHCORDS #16
MidiP -> C09Amt +100

LAll PATCHCORDS #17
MidiA -> C01Amt +100

LAll PATCHCORDS #18
MidiB -> C04Amt +50

LAll PATCHCORDS #19
MidiC -> C05Amt -100

L1 PATCHCORDS #20
MidiD -> C08Amt +100
L2 PATCHCORDS #20
MidiD -> C08Amt -100
L3 PATCHCORDS #20
MidiD -> C08Amt +100
L4 PATCHCORDS #20
MidiD -> C08Amt -100

LAll PATCHCORDS #21
MidiE -> C07Amt +75

LAll PATCHCORDS #22
MidiF -> C11Amt +100

LAll PATCHCORDS #23
MidiG -> C10Amt +100

L1 PATCHCORDS #24
MidiH +> C14Amt +100
L2 PATCHCORDS #24
MidiH +> C14Amt -100
L3 PATCHCORDS #24
MidiH +> C14Amt +100
L4 PATCHCORDS #24
MidiH +> C14Amt -100

I had some time yesterday to program this patch on my XL-1 and whilst doing so, I noticed when I got to slot #16 my MIDI parameters in the mod matrix only go as high as "MIDI-L". No "MIDI-M, N, O, P" to Z (?) or whatever it goes to.

I was under the impression the XL-1 and XL-7 have all the same parameters available but I guess I was wrong. What else is missing? Everything else appears to be there.
Old 23rd May 2015
Gear Nut
This thread is like a master class.

I just got an XL7 yesterday. I was iffy about the price but digging in reveals that (unless I'm mistaken) it has the B-3 and Vintage ROMs, so now it seems like a steal.

Can we expect the rumored "sequencer tricks" post any time soon?
Old 7th June 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
I had some time yesterday to program this patch on my XL-1 and whilst doing so, I noticed when I got to slot #16 my MIDI parameters in the mod matrix only go as high as "MIDI-L". No "MIDI-M, N, O, P" to Z (?) or whatever it goes to.

I was under the impression the XL-1 and XL-7 have all the same parameters available but I guess I was wrong. What else is missing? Everything else appears to be there.
The single rack unit P2K variants are 12-controller units. As such, the hardware and OS let you use 12 assignable CCs: MidiA --> MidiL. The larger variants (Command Stations and the P2500--plus the keyboard versions, I believe) are 16-controller units and include MidiM --> MidiP for four additional assignable CCs. Similarly, the 12-controller based SIMMS (e.g., XL-1's XLEAD) have factory presets designed for 12-controller units, while the 16-controller based SIMMs (e.g., XL-7's XROM) have factory presets designed for 16-controller units.

There are other differences between these 12- and 16-controller hardware, OS, and SIMM variants.
Old 7th June 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Of course, the link is dead in the FAQ above. Can anyone share this method of faking resonance sweeps?
Unfortunately, I don't seem to have saved that page. I seem to recall a few years ago doing something similar. It is much like Balma has provided related examples for. If I recall correctly, I copied a single layer to the other 3 layers and set them up with different filters. I think I set up patchcords for a single controller/knob [e.g., MidiD] so that the volume of each layer was staggered and overlapping (L1 -> L2 -> L3 -> L4).

I am not sure if this is what the Tips and Tutorials described. Also, I know I played around with RT Crossfade, but its been a while, so I can't recall what I did with it. I might have moved onto randomization and a series of "Randu" presets.

Glad to see Balma is inspiring discussions of E-Mu Proteus 2000/Command Station preset design with this thread. I have long loved the flexibility of the P2K synth engine!

Steve
Old 7th June 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorysplice View Post
What is everyones thought of using Ctrlr - Control your MIDI life (MIDI editor for all your hardware) for the proteus line?
I thought there was great potential for someone who can master the language(s) and interface used by Ctrlr to develop panels. Regrettably, I no longer have the mind or the time to try to master it (super steep learning curve!!). The most I did (a few years ago) was to create a performance panel to start, stop, and mix the relative volume of 32 latching arps on an XL-1. It was simple enough for me to do because it didn't involve passing any data back to Ctrlr; I simply sent data to the E-Mu using On/Off Buttons for the Note on/note off of latching arp triggers, and sliders for CC 11 to fade in/out and for mixing relative volume].

You can see how basic the panel is (and listen to a simple realtime performance using the panel) here: http://electro-music.com/forum/post-390458.html#390458 . Keep in mind this is probably less than 1/1,000,000th of what someone could do if they took the time to really master Ctrlr.

Steve

Last edited by Dr. Steve; 7th June 2015 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: to add a link to a very basic Ctrlr panel using arp triggers
Old 11th June 2015
Gear Nut
Quote:
"Ever wanted to get the sound of old analog filters? Here's a tip to set up the filters and patchcords section to get sweepable Q and that meaty sound:"
https://web.archive.org/web/20030227...7/filters.html
Old 11th June 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by boloid View Post
"Ever wanted to get the sound of old analog filters? Here's a tip to set up the filters and patchcords section to get sweepable Q and that meaty sound:"
https://web.archive.org/web/20030227...7/filters.html
archive.org comes through again!!! Nice that you were able to find that!
Steve
Old 17th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
To make the short samples to loop while holding a sound, send a clock divider to the SampleRetrigger destination on the mod matrix:

LA PATCHCORDS
Clk8th -> SRetrig +100

There´s a nice feature on the MP7, on the sample 0758 "rom: Thru Memory". If you hold it, it will go through the 1099 samples on sequential loop. No other ROM I´ve used has such feature.
I know this is a bit of a dated post....

But I was trying this "rom:Thru Memory" trick on my MP7 last night...and I'm not understanding it.

If I understand @balma correctly, holding a key-on event with this "Thru Memory" layer selected should cause it to sequence through all 1099 samples of the MROM (basically wave sequencing of sorts).

What it appears to me is that there IS a sequence of samples looping...but its a repeating loop of about 16 short percussion samples only....not looping through all 1099 samples. I made sure there is no envelope issues on that layer, that might be cutting off the sustain. But alas, no joy.

So does any one know the "trick" to getting this to cycle through 1099 samples from the Rom? If I could get that to work....I assume I could use the patch cords to assign or modulate the sample start parameter to give some randomness or variety to this 1099 sample "wave-sequence"?

Last edited by RonF; 17th September 2015 at 11:00 PM..
Old 17th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Reprogramming the knobs:
For example, there are sounds where I don´t need attack velocity, but having more detailed control over different LFO functions.

I decided to reprogram the functions of the knobs in order to:

-Interpolating between two hihat sounds

And yet another long over-due question: Exactly HOW do you program THIS (the knobs) on the MP-7 CS? If I'm understanding correctly, we can program a knob to scroll through (maybe even Morph between?) multiple samples? I'm not seeing where/how to make this setting.
Old 24th September 2015
Here for the gear
Hi

This thread really expands the possibilities of what I thought I could do with my MP7.

Sorry this is a little off topic but Im not having any luck with my post in the newbies section and hoped someone here may know something about it:

Is anyone using the digital output of their commandstation? If so would really appreciate any help on this post below:
S/PDIF problem; no signal 18i20 and EMU CommandStation - Gearslutz.com

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post
And yet another long over-due question: Exactly HOW do you program THIS (the knobs) on the MP-7 CS? If I'm understanding correctly, we can program a knob to scroll through (maybe even Morph between?) multiple samples? I'm not seeing where/how to make this setting.
Hello.

Knobs have polarities, they are + / - so can be programmed to increase a value on a sound while decreasing the same value on another sound.

On a simple example of application, if you have two instruments layered on a patch, you can use x knob to increase the volume of one of them, while fading out the other one. On the same patch cord, set

Layer 1
Knob A ----> Amp +100

Layer 2
Knob A ----> Amp -100

So, you'll have both layers at the same volume level, moving the knob at the half, on the value 64

Such interpolation can be achieved also with the Crossfade function, and controlling the crossfading using the Xcrossfade destination

Regarding the sample list scroll through, this can be achieved only on the MP7 ROM, wich has a "ROM" sample category. Look for it, there are only 2 sounds on that category, one of them is the multisample scroll through...

Sorry for leaving these "scientific" thread alone but I have been lost from the internet during several months, deep in a hole trying to take a big leap on another machines... but I'm back

regards,
Old 5th October 2015
Lives for gear

Hey Balma ! Long Time ..
Old 15th October 2015
Lives for gear

Hey there!

I haven't forget about this thread. Still getting in order with a lot of information I have been recolecting on notepads during a long time.

Normally, while I'm programming my synths, if a cool idea comes to my mind and it can be shared with others, I just open .txt file on the PC and write about it.

But I'm a very disordered person, so I'm trying to put them all together in order to bring them here.

I had a long time without login to Gearslutz and other forums, spend almost 5 months without using internet, not even once. My lifestyle is kind of bizarre, moving from high technological environments, to a total separation from civilization (Drake's Bay, Costa Rica)....

But I'm back, and very willing to share what I have learned during this time. Yeah, I have been digging not only the command station, but a Prophet 08, and getting the "Honoris Causa" on the DSI Tempest.
Old 4th November 2015
Gear Maniac

This whole thread has been extremely informative and inspiring to me to the extant that I've decided I need to upgrade my p2k to a command station . The "fizmo" patch above is really effin cool when each layer has a percussive sound... With some tweaking it results in really cool modulated drum rolls... Would love to try these out with the command stations x0x style sequencing !
Old 27th December 2015
Lives for gear

I've been writing a comprehensive description about the arppegiator, explaining some tips about how to integrate the 100 user arpeggios into the user patches.

The Command Station's arppegiator is extremely powerful and deep, deep, deep.

Each ROM you add, also comes with his own set of arpeggios, adding 200/300 more to factory arppegios. It also has 100 user arpeggio locations, wich are stored permanently but can also be modified at any moment, without having to perform a saving action.

Each track of the sequence can has its own arppegio with his own set of specific parameters. The 16-32 tracks can play same amount of arpeggios simultaneously during live performance.
There are also a few functions for them, on the second modulation matrix. You can program specific arpeggio modulations on each knob, and each patch has its own set of knob modulations.

I'm almost finished with this arppegio tutorial, and I will explain how to modulate a loope arpeggio into multiple ways, even how to change specific notes of an arpeggio pattern using only knobs.
Yeah, if you slice a 4 layer patch into 4 velocity layers, and create a specific arpeggio pattern to sequence that patch, you can program some of the arpeggio notes to fall into specific range of velocity, and then, use knobs to change the pitch of those notes.... quite a lot of fun when finished. A 32 arpeggio notes sequence, can provide minutes of tweaking fun, morphing into different melodies, without having to change the note sequence manually.

If the arppegio sequencer is not enough, there is even a second arpeggiator section, the "beats" section. It can be triggered just pressing the AUDITION button, but if you dig on it, you'll find a lot of functions wich are similar to premade sequences, not as flexible as the arpeggiator, but some of them can be chopped into 16 individual tracks, and modulated with the knobs.
Explaining it in deep I will.....
Old 27th December 2015
Lives for gear
Glad to have you back! Looking forward to the next tutorial!
Old 7th January 2016
Here for the gear

Glad to see the rebirth of this thread.
Old 7th January 2016
Lives for gear

Looking forward to more tutorials!
Old 7th January 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Steve View Post
The single rack unit P2K variants are 12-controller units. As such, the hardware and OS let you use 12 assignable CCs: MidiA --> MidiL. The larger variants (Command Stations and the P2500--plus the keyboard versions, I believe) are 16-controller units and include MidiM --> MidiP for four additional assignable CCs. Similarly, the 12-controller based SIMMS (e.g., XL-1's XLEAD) have factory presets designed for 12-controller units, while the 16-controller based SIMMs (e.g., XL-7's XROM) have factory presets designed for 16-controller units.

There are other differences between these 12- and 16-controller hardware, OS, and SIMM variants.
Just now reading this a little late. Thanks for the response and the info!
Old 7th January 2016
Gear Maniac

ordering a xl7 command station tomorrow . Ive already found these tutorials to be very useful with just my p2k rack ..itll be nice to implement the extra mod spots !
Old 11th January 2016
Lives for gear

Exploring the arpeggiator possibilities.
The arpeggiator section of the command station is one of the most powerful and versatil arpeggio sections ever released on a digital synth, so explaining and digging its possibilities requires a lot of time...
Each ROM comes with its own set of arpeggios (except for the XL7 and MP7, wich comes with the same arpeggio collection), going from 200 to 300 different arpeggios per ROM. So, each time you add a ROM to your command station you also add new preset arpeggios.

The USER arpeggio section is "hard wired" and every modification to them is immediately stored and affects all the sounds using them . There are 100 user arpeggio slots, each one of them can store 32 steps, and there are multiple parameters wich can be programmed to create complex sequences of notes.
If you want to assign a user arpeggio to one of your user patches, just go to the button 15 (ARP/RIFF), ARPEGGIATOR, and select the Mode "pattern", and select the User instead the preset ROM, or simple scroll all the left until the user arpeggios appear on the screen.
the length of each arpeggio and its complexity depends on how you program them.
Each step has its on velocity, pitch, duration and number of repetitions.
you can repeat any of the 32 steps several times (from 1 to 32 repetitions) before advancing to the next step. Also, the duration of each step can be programmed extensively, from 1/32 to 2/1. A single arpeggio can last even minutes before repeating again, depending of how you programmed the repetitions and duration of each spet....
Multiple parameters can be determined from the user arpeggio section on the main menu (ARP button) and also from the internal patch programming of each user patch preset. You can loop just a partial section of the arpeggios, or play it from beggining to the end, or also, delay the beginning of the note sequences, adding a rest at the end of the arpeggio before starting again, latch it, scale the pitch of each repetition, and even duplicate or reduce the speed of the arpeegio, by 2x, 4x, or 1/2, 1/4 of its bpm velocity!

the arpeggio tempo can be synchronized with the tempo of a playing beat, if you play arpeggio notes while the quantize arp function is on, they will be quantized to the next step.

Arpeggios can also be played on classic up/down-alternate-octaves etc mode, but the fun is to use arpeggio patterns,and to slowly shape your own arpeggio sequences.

The arpeggio pitch scale is determined by a -64 0 +64 range. The note you play will be the zero point reference on the arpeggio pitch scale.
As an example, if you press the C4 note while the arp is on, and the first note of the arpeggio's pattern is +2, the note you hear will be D4.

pattern arpeggio length:

I call length to the continuous playing of several notes an arppegio pattern, from the beggining until it finishes and it loops again, going back to the beggining.

Pattern arpeggios are monophonic, you cannot program chords (but there are alternative ways to create them), but to program notes one after another.
There are 32 slots for notes. But that does not mean that this is a 32 step sequencer.

Each one of the 32 slots have his own length, and can repeat several times before advance to the following slot.

the combination of these variables:
32 slots for different notes
variable time lenght for each slot
variable amount of repetitions for each slot

can produce very complex results in combination with the appropiate programming of the modulation matrix, while playing the arpeggio.
they can last minutes before looping again, and moving the knobs to produce specific results, like slowly bringing into scene an emerging instrument layer wich was muted, or slowly modulating the filter of four different sounds independently, or changing the pitch of the 4 different layers also independently, can produce a vast amount of variations and interesting changes into an always morphing, changing arpeggio.
the key, is to program the user arpeggio patterns while also programming the modulation matrix of a sound. Interactive programming to produce sinergy!!!!
Depending on how you program the knobs with the modulation matrix, you can turn a simplistic boring sequence of notes into a very flexible and dinamic soundscape, wich can loop and progress to multiple variations.
A dinamic knob programming is required, but also, the pattern arpeggio construction will require some basical mathematic skills to determine how much the pattern will last before looping again.
Moving the knobs, can even produce variations of specific notes of an static arppegio, if program the knobs to control the pitch of specific notes, while obviously selecting those notes on the user pattern arpeggio programming.

I know it sounds complex or even hard to understand but everything will be clearer after posting the programming chart for a few user arpeggio patterns I've created, and explaining why I did this and that, and then, posting the modulation matrix charts wich will make some crazy stuff over arpeggio live performance.

just let me put some order in all this s*it...
Old 12th January 2016
Lives for gear

Nice one Balma, thanks for all your Command Station expertise!
Old 13th January 2016
Here for the gear

Fake sequence (without any arp)

L1 wave: any "AuditySync" named
L2 wave: any "AuditySync" named
(for better result, do not choose identical for both)

L1 Amp: around -50 dB
L2 Amp: arounf -40 dB

L1 Filter: MegaSweepz
L2 Filter: Steeper LPF

L1 Filter Cutoff: 255
L2 Filter Cutoff: 80

L1 Filter Q: 0
L2 Filter Q: 90

L1 LFO 1: Rate = Sync 1/1, free run, sine or triangle
L2 LFO 1: same as L1

Choose long reverb for FXA, 1/3 TAP Delay for FXB, FXB -> FXA feedback around 40 (as you wish), send amounts below 50.

PATCHCORDS:

LAYER 1 ONLY

#18 ClckWhole => Quantizer : 100
#19 Quantizer => Gainer4x : 100
#20 Gainer4x => AmpPan : 100
#21 ClckWhole => Lfo1Trig : 100
#22 Lfo1+- => AmpVol : 100

LAYER 2 ONLY

#17 Clck8th => Sum : 100
#18 ClckHalf => Sum : 100
#19 ClckWhole => Sum : 100
#20 Sum => Quantize : 100
#21 Quantize => Gainer4x : 100
#22 Gainer => FilterCut : 60-100 (check what you hear)
#23 ClckWhole => Lfo1Trig : 100
#24 Lfo1+- => AmpVol : 100

Trigger this patch with lower keys, eg from C2. You should hear a pumping yet very electro-feel sequence and your arp not yet running.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search