The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland Integra 7 Users ... How do you like it ? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear

Go the Integra7 bro.

What makes this a better deal than the Jupiter which I used to own is the 11 or so JV libraries.

You get the Juno, Jupiter etc etc.

May I ask where you are getting you deal through.

I live in Australia.

Another killer function is the 24/96 and the 8 outs.

A 16. Track rompler needs a 16 track sequencer and I think that will come in the Akai Live or Legacy/ Eclipse.

Cheers
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear

I'm still holding on to my XV 5080 I just which it had all of the effect slots the the i7 has!
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear

Hi,

It's nice to see this topic is still alive.

I did add the Integra 7 to my setup a couple of years ago. and I'm glad I did. It has been a very useful sound module.

With Winter NAMM 2017 not too far away, I would love to see Roland announce the next generation Integra 8 Sound Module.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Old 1st December 2016
Gear Nut

Good point on NAMM 2017 muziksculp think i'll wait a few weeks until i buy an Integra 7!
Old 2nd December 2016
Lives for gear

Yes it would be nice to see Roland release another sound module.

There has been a recent price drop so could NAMM 2017 be the announcement.

I love speculation and Roland gear so I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Cheers
Old 2nd December 2016
Gear Maniac

i wouldn't wait for a integra 8.. i think the integra 7 is the last of his categorie. Today the romplers are not so popular. Also i don't know what more they could add from the 7.I'd say buy it when you still can !
Old 2nd December 2016
Lives for gear

I wouldn't mind ROLAND coming up with an Integra-7 plugin, each rom is only 384mb, so something like HalionSonic with a 4GB Library but then based on original ROLAND roms would be great.
I own an Integra-7 but would sell it if this would be launched

Last edited by Analogue Mastering; 2nd December 2016 at 09:18 AM..
Old 10th December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Mastering View Post
I wouldn't mind ROLAND coming up with an Integra-7 plugin, each rom is only 384mb, so something like HalionSonic with a 4GB Library but then based on original ROLAND roms would be great.
I own an Integra-7 but would sell it if this would be launched
If they do, hopefully they go about it very differently from how they did the Sound Canvas plug-in. That plug-in had so much potential- the complete libraries of several generations of Roland Sound Canvas modules in a single VSTi.

But it doesn't support output routing, so you can't mix separate output tracks with a single instance like you can with virtually every other multi-timbral plugin ever released.

Roland's got some great ideas, but they aren't the best on execution, at least not lately. (The AIRA line's USB implementation, for example...)
Old 10th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python Blue View Post
Been looking into this thread because I'm considering selling my D-550 in favor of this. Thankfully, I won't lose much if I do so: evidently, Roland does have a downloadable soundset recreating the D-50. Are there any users of that?

Either way, I probably won't abandon the XV/JV line completely, though: for one, as said in another thread, I love the SR-JV80 01 Pop card, which is not represented in any of the SRX cards.
I was quite disappointed in nearly all the Axial sound libraries that I checked out that were supposed to give you the vintage Rolands on the I7. I don't see the I7 as a D50 replacement if you like the D50 sounds specifically.

Also it's worth mentioning the when the JV boards were combined to make the SRX boards not all patches were included. Most but not all.

I also have a suspicion that due to the different effects structure some patches aren't 100% reproductions from the original modules eg:JV1080.
Old 11th December 2016
Lives for gear

We they off the Roland G series keyboard in some of their interfaces, but limited them to Sonar I believe?

Anyway, we can make a more robust system with an Intel i7 and Komplete. Though Roland sounds really good to me, it seems theyvare going to wait for the ship to sink, instead of making a DSP system that exceed the efforts they made before and compell people to feel they need it.

A DSP system could be part of you virtual set up and you could bounce offline like UAD2 and it'll be integrated into you workflow.

They good then move fordward out of the dark ages.
Old 13th December 2016
Lives for gear

I've been watching Integra demos on youtube.. I want it. It's a VA/Rompler and it sounds great. After all these years you use it a lot? or you use a hybrid of Integra and Softsynths from say Omnisphere.

I'll be waiting for the price again at 850.00 I should of snagged it on Sat. It was in perfect condition too and free shipping.

I'm changing my style to do something more World/Ambient Goth/Cinematic.

I'd love to plug this is to my MX1 on channel 1.

I will need to get an Ipad so i can control.

question, this doesn't come with an internal step sequencer? Sorry, but I'm just obsessed with this.. If I get this, my studio is definitely complete for what I do.

Worth it? I really don't like softsynths especially when it takes time to load up. I hate that. I have a fast computer too. It seems with Integra, it's instant.
Old 13th December 2016
Lives for gear

In 10 years this thread will be bumped and the price of used Integra 7s will triple overnight.

start... stockpiling... now
Old 14th December 2016
Lives for gear

I see an Integra for 998 free shipping... Good price?

I should of snagged the 850.00 one last week in excellent condition too free shipping.

or wait?
Old 15th December 2016
Lives for gear

Wait for what?

The rumoured ACB Sampler.

Would be nice for a new Integr8 .

Guess we'll have to see at Namm 2017.

Not sure if that's the Roland tradition or timing at that show.

Cheers

Last edited by nickknack; 15th December 2016 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 15th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpresev View Post
I see an Integra for 998 free shipping... Good price?

I should of snagged the 850.00 one last week in excellent condition too free shipping.

or wait?
get it ! its still a killer deal at this price !
Old 15th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd Anju View Post
get it ! its still a killer deal at this price !

Oh I was sooooo close.. but my gut tells me wait a few days to get that 850 deal. I'll wait.

I really want this unit.. I like Kontakt and Komplete but this Integra is what i want.. It will work well even in 20 years
Question.. how are the drums?(909/808 kits?) I want to use the TR8 and compliment this with Inegra drum kits.

Imagine, I can compose produce on Integra using 16 channels.
Old 15th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh I was sooooo close.. but my gut tells me wait a few days to get that 850 deal. I'll wait.

I really want this unit.. I like Kontakt and Komplete but this Integra is what i want.. It will work well even in 20 years
Question.. how are the drums?(909/808 kits?) I want to use the TR8 and compliment this with Inegra drum kits.

Imagine, I can compose produce on Integra using 16 channels.
The integra is a great machine, I would get it when you find the price that works for you.... from what "i" know, I don't think they are releasing an Integra 8 soon or anything.... the software interface with it leaves something to be desired, but it creates a LOT of sound, and doesn't kill your cpu.... I haven't used the 808's or 909's on it as I have other gear for that, but I imagine they are well presented PCM samples from their library... and if you utilize the Roland AXIAL site, you will get ALL sorts of great stuff...
Old 16th December 2016
Lives for gear

I'll see if I can load some files comparing the SRX boards vs battery 4 808s and 909s. Roland hits very hard from what i remember.
Old 16th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
I'll see if I can load some files comparing the SRX boards vs battery 4 808s and 909s. Roland hits very hard from what i remember.
yeah, some of my friends in the "pop" world swear by the integra drum sounds, and point out to me how certain kits etc are basically the "go to's" in a lot of modern pop productions etc we either love or hate!
Old 17th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:

Drums are probably the strongest sound category on the Integra, at least IMO. For the 808s and 909s you can go to the SRX boards, including SRX-08

There might also be some on SRX-05 but I can't recall for sure
Old 17th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gear_up View Post
Drums are probably the strongest sound category on the Integra, at least IMO. For the 808s and 909s you can go to the SRX boards, including SRX-08

There might also be some on SRX-05 but I can't recall for sure

thank you.. I'm totally gassing for this Virtual Analog/Rompler.
Old 17th December 2016
Gear Addict

It's a great unit,on a paper. But,in the reality, it sounds crappy, not near as good as the JV-XV-JD series. Sold mine after a couple of weeks/
Old 17th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidneySheldon View Post
It's a great unit,on a paper. But,in the reality, it sounds crappy, not near as good as the JV-XV-JD series. Sold mine after a couple of weeks/
I don't agree with this statement at all - I think it sounds fantastic.
Old 17th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post
I don't agree with this statement at all - I think it sounds fantastic.
Go buy some proper monitors.
Old 17th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
two troll posts right in a row, impressive!
Old 17th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Funny...I was about to tell you the same thing right after I saw your post.
Old 17th December 2016
Lives for gear

In my book Integra7 is worth 1600$, so more than current market prices.
What tells a lot.
Old 17th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd Anju View Post
i wouldn't wait for a integra 8.. i think the integra 7 is the last of his categorie. Today the romplers are not so popular. Also i don't know what more they could add from the 7.I'd say buy it when you still can !
The most logical form for an Integra 8 would be to simply package the sounds into a sequencer or allow this thru I-pad. I think many would value the ability to choose and control arps, drums patterns, etc. thru the Integra itself.

Maybe its as simple as creating a dedicated sequencing, composing app for I-pad.
Old 18th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune View Post
The most logical form for an Integra 8 would be to simply package the sounds into a sequencer or allow this thru I-pad. I think many would value the ability to choose and control arps, drums patterns, etc. thru the Integra itself.

Maybe its as simple as creating a dedicated sequencing, composing app for I-pad.
you mean in a software form? then i would gladly keep my integra 7
Old 18th December 2016
Lives for gear

I think Roland could easy get away with packaging different engines into the same box format. they have a clear field in this form factor. one could be placing the Juno Di engine in there with a lot more FX power. along with a plugout engine. they could do a bunch of useful things for an 8 output rack engine. even migrate it to a desktop form factor.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search