The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland Integra 7 Windows VST editor coming! Integra Editor V2
Old 26th June 2014
Roland Integra 7 Windows VST editor coming! Integra Editor V2

So I just found this buried in the "New Producs" section from a few weeks ago:

INTEGRA 7 WINDOWS VST EDITOR

Does anyone read Japanese? Can you give the details??? Can anyone confirm? I will IMMEDIATELY buy the Integra 7 if this is 100% true.

The screenshots look weird - Is that Windows 8? Does it say 64 bit VST and Windows 7 support?

Old 26th June 2014
Here is everything from that page translated by Google:

Roland INTEGRA-7 has become a must-have and those who are troubled with the tone of the songwriting is not satisfied with the sound of the soft synth, the track maker professional must be the production is a high quality, even while doing the number. This is a hard sound source which condensed to a single technology and its many wonderful tone with the company's.

"There is no plug-in editor for Windows" big reason those who while still attracted to its good tone, not yet introduced was that. . .

Please be assured, it is the lifting of the ban on "INTEGRA-7 EDITOR Ver.2" Become a Window / Mac Compatible with both finally soon!

? We tell the end of May first, but we soon and correction (5/31)

"INTEGRA-7 EDITOR Ver.2" is a VST / AU plug-in that allows you to control to work with DAW software, such as a CUBASE 7.5 and SONAR X3, the INTEGRA-7 body. Like soft synth, so you do reproduce perfectly the state of the body if you load the data of the song You can use it to offer a significant efficiency of work by changing the tone and rework of the song.

In addition, new features also increasing and that it became a Ver.2!

The main features of INTEGRA-7 EDITOR

From the screen of the DAW, you can choose an easy-to-understand such an enormous amount of tone
Setting of INTEGRA-7 is because it is saved in the project file, I reproduce well next time to quit out of work
Also be placed at a location where hand the body, and can be remotely operated with a mouse, workability and flexibility of the layout is up

New Features from Ver.2

Not only SuperNATURAL sound, it can be edited almost all parameters PCM synth, of PCM drum!
It supports editing of controller settings and MFX!
64bit of both VST / AU. Native behavior you do not want to use the 32bit wrapper

Minute feature that is still capable of editing is increased, the screen from which used many graphical icons, and it is the numerical list of good center prospect. Considerations for migrating to Ver.2

With the 64bit of and is no longer available in 32bit DAW of behavior. Please note that the operating environment

This has made my day, my week ,my YEAR!!!! Not only is it PC but it looks 10 times better than the original Mac editor. SO SO SO HAPPY!!!!
Old 26th June 2014
Lives for gear

Lazy to check.
But if true, Integra should become very, very hot.
Actually so useful sound module, even without VST.
Old 26th June 2014 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang View Post
Lazy to check.
But if true, Integra should become very, very hot.
Actually so useful sound module, even without VST.
For me, VST control and visual patch editing as well as quick access to the mixer is crucial. This has me so excited.
Old 26th June 2014
awesome! I bet this in conjunction with the iPad editor will be a killer setup!
Old 26th June 2014
Theres a few things that are a little fishy though. The numbers for volume don't seem to match up right to the sliders? And they are showing a very simple screen. What does the TONE editor and expansion card selector look like?
Old 26th June 2014
Thought there would be a lot more praise on this one!
Old 26th June 2014
Lives for gear

I would need to see some reviews of this VST editor, but this is good news... it should breathe new life into Integra 7 sales... and if the editor is solid, that will include me
Old 26th June 2014
I plan now on getting the Integra AND the PRO 2 within the next year. It's going to be a VERY good year!!! With all of these outboard sounds, my PC (6 core i7) should be totally adequate for the next 5 years at least. I will want to install an SSD soon, however.
Old 27th June 2014
Lives for gear

I am hoping, very much so, that this is true. Love my Integra. Will love it a long-time with this.
Old 27th June 2014
I love my I-7, and have used plenty of drum sounds on a bunch of instrumental tracks already. The quality of the sounds are great, and the best part is that I can take it with me to gigs.

The PRO 2 would be an awesome addition to my setup as well. I think I would ditch my Little Phatty for the PRO 2 when gigging because of the larger keyboard, and newer sounding architecture.

Here's a shot of the last gig I did, and the Integra is under the table in the Gator Case. I used it for piano sounds and what not. My laptop was already running Serato DJ software and Ableton Live and I didn't want to load a soft synth and reverb to that mess.

For the next gig I will have my Roland RD700NX for all acoustic sounds, and I'll be leaving the Juno and LP at home and using the Integra 7 for all synth and drum sounds. It's great to be able to program multiple sounds across different MIDI channels very quickly! I love the iPad editor, it makes the I-7 a lot easier to handle. The VST editor looks pretty awesome as well!

In regards to your comment about more praise, I think either people don't know/care about it much. I honestly don't know if it will change my workflow at all. I bought a used Ipad 4th Gen Retina for about $250 on ebay. It's in decent condition and it's super easy to load expansions, change mixer volumes, setup user live sets, edit and save patches...

Since the ipad functionality is already present, maybe people aren't really too concerned with another way to control the Integra. I could be wrong though...
Old 27th June 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Personally I think you are very wrong..

In a studio environment, the difficulty associated with needing multiple independent setups for one song is castrating to any sort of organization or effective workflow...

I know of several folks, including myself, that have not purchased the I7 specifically because of this... and its a worrying trend from Roland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by channaD View Post
Since the ipad functionality is already present, maybe people aren't really too concerned with another way to control the Integra. I could be wrong though...
Old 27th June 2014
Yea plus the ipad and existing vst editor both kinda suck for detailed editing. It only has very basic features.

Look at the motif editor thats been out for like 6 years already. Its incredible.

Old 27th June 2014
The windows editor is now available on Rolands website!!!
Time to order an Integra with overnight delivery.

Just installed the editor - well it's not the prettiest thing I ever saw but it's there. It definitely has a ton of parameters but the graphics leave a lot to be desired and the windows is HUGE. It is VST3 so not sure if that matters to some DAWS, but in Cubase it loads up lovely (without the Integra, of course {for now})

Maybe I am missing something, but there is a place to load the 4 expansions, but then i see no way to assign them to parts???

Attached Thumbnails
Roland Integra 7 Windows VST editor coming!  Integra Editor V2-integraeditor.jpg  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic38 View Post

In a studio environment, the difficulty associated with needing multiple independent setups for one song is castrating to any sort of organization or effective workflow...

I know of several folks, including myself, that have not purchased the I7 specifically because of this... and its a worrying trend from Roland.
I've never had any problems, and I made at least 6 tracks with it, and have an old Power PC Mac on OS X 10.4, so I couldn't use an editor if I wanted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike vee View Post
Yea plus the ipad and existing vst editor both kinda suck for detailed editing. It only has very basic features.

Look at the motif editor thats been out for like 6 years already. Its incredible.

That editor does look really good!!

Quote:
The windows editor is now available on Rolands website!!!
Time to order an Integra with overnight delivery.

Just installed the editor - well it's not the prettiest thing I ever saw but it's there. It definitely has a ton of parameters but the graphics leave a lot to be desired and the windows is HUGE. It is VST3 so not sure if that matters to some DAWS, but in Cubase it loads up lovely (without the Integra, of course {for now})

Maybe I am missing something, but there is a place to load the 4 expansions, but then i see no way to assign them to parts???

I emailed these people LIIIIINK and they gave me a price of $1550 for a brand new I-7. I then went to Zzounds.com and they beat that price by almost $50. Hope you shopped around!

There are two ways I see the SRX sounds that have loaded:

1. when selecting sounds "By Category" - let's say 'Drums' - You will see a list of kits, and you'll see 'PRST' in between the numbers, and names, scrolling down, you'll see 'USER', then 'SRX-01' or 05, or which ever SRX board you loaded.

2. When selecting sounds "By Tone & Bank" - you can directly select the PCM Synth sounds of the SRX you've loaded, or the PCM Drum sounds of the SRX you've loaded.

In conclusion, load the SRX boards. Then go to change the sounds, and keep scrolling to find the 'SRX'
Old 27th June 2014
Thanks! And yes I always shop around
Lives for gear

Quote:
It is VST3 so not sure if that matters to some DAWS, but in Cubase it loads up lovely (without the Integra, of course {for now})

Insert loudly screamed bad word here.

Yup it does. I'm on Reaper. Well, Looks like I'm joining the Sonar/Rewire club. There are a couple things like Melodyne' Aira and some Arturia issues that have had me pondering the Multi DAW route but this finishes me.

Love me some Reaper and always will. But I gotsta do what I gotsta do and Cubase prices me out at the moment. Damn.
Old 28th June 2014
Just go full cubase man, its awesome. Do a payment plan from zzounds.
Old 28th June 2014 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normie View Post
Insert loudly screamed bad word here.

Yup it does. I'm on Reaper. Well, Looks like I'm joining the Sonar/Rewire club. There are a couple things like Melodyne' Aira and some Arturia issues that have had me pondering the Multi DAW route but this finishes me.

Love me some Reaper and always will. But I gotsta do what I gotsta do and Cubase prices me out at the moment. Damn.
Agreed. Not doing a VST2 version is seriously stupid.

And Mike, not everyone likes Cubase.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just go full cubase man, its awesome. Do a payment plan from zzounds.
Too late

Honestly, I will be only using Sonar (Studio version) as a really expensive go around for the i7 editor, Melodyne and Arturia's Keylab (as a front end for my other Arturia synths) because Reaper has problems with it and hasn't done Aria yet. Plus there is no VST3 on the forseeable horizon and Justin doesn't seem to have it as a priority. If the above changes, I'll set Sonar aside in a heartbeat as I love Reaper otherwise.

Nothing against cubase. I'd love it. Looks great and I hear lots of good things. It's just overkill for what I want vs. what I already have and this is the cheapest solution to fill the need.

Cheapest being an entirely relative term...r.....
Old 28th June 2014
Gear Maniac

I'm disappointed there's no standalone version.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post

Hi ED,

Oh I am not liking this Sonar madness already. Sonar ain't Reaper by a long shot. Granted it's a case of new program 'WTF is going on here' confusion but man...I hope Justin gets VST3 and Aria into Reaper soon. This is gonna be far from an easy 'adoption'.

No VST2 was boneheaded as hell. No doubt.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normie View Post
Hi ED,

Oh I am not liking this Sonar madness already. Sonar ain't Reaper by a long shot. Granted it's a case of new program 'WTF is going on here' confusion but man...I hope Justin gets VST3 and Aria into Reaper soon. This is gonna be far from an easy 'adoption'.

No VST2 was boneheaded as hell. No doubt.
You should try to get Sonar 8.5. That was the last professional version. All the X versions (X1, X2, X3) are so bad that it comes off like Cakewalk wants Sonar to fail. Each version they cripple it more and make it less of a professional product. I wish I could be more positive but if you find Sonar maddening now, trust me, it'll only get worse.

Sonar is coded by people who have never worked a professional day in their lives in a recording studio.

If I could learn how to use Cubase fast enough I'd jump ship but I just don't have the time at the moment.

Regards,
Frank
Old 28th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
All the X versions (X1, X2, X3) are so bad that it comes off like Cakewalk wants Sonar to fail.
Just read on another thread that Gibson/Tascam has aquired Cakewalk.

Good Luck

Cheers
Lives for gear

A completely absurd post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
You should try to get Sonar 8.5. That was the last professional version. All the X versions (X1, X2, X3) are so bad that it comes off like Cakewalk wants Sonar to fail. Each version they cripple it more and make it less of a professional product. I wish I could be more positive but if you find Sonar maddening now, trust me, it'll only get worse.

Sonar is coded by people who have never worked a professional day in their lives in a recording studio.

If I could learn how to use Cubase fast enough I'd jump ship but I just don't have the time at the moment.

Regards,
Frank
Old 28th June 2014
Gear Addict

I have a fully loaded XV-5080 (with all expansion slots filled with both JV and SRX cards) and have considered replacing it with an Integra. The thing that has held me back was the lack of a Windows editor AND no way to edit the PCM sounds (i.e., all the older XV patches) in the former Mac-only editor. This new v2 editor does seem to address both of those issues. But the PCM editor screenshot that Mike posted isn't very inspiring. WTF, there is no graphical editing of envelopes, etc.? That's lame.

EDIT: I just realized that the screenshot shows the PCM Patch Common page (which doesn't really have any parameters that need to be displayed graphically). But the fact that the parameters are presented in a long list isn't very elegant. Why not arrange them in a more useful and understandable way?
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post

If Roland has limited resources to devote to the Integra Editor, I would much rather see them put their efforts into a forward-looking VST3 version. Reaper just needs to get onboard the VST3 train.
Gear Addict

Quote:

Well, it all depends on the level of complexity you are willing to tolerate for better sound - or in the case of the Integra, a wider range of sounds than are currently available in a single software instrument.

Omnisphere is probably the closest thing to an Integra in terms of ROMpler-esque synth sounds. But Omnisphere doesn't have anywhere near the variety of acoustic sounds.

So you could mix and match a software sampler with synth plugins and a ROMpler instrument like Omnisphere to achieve a similar range of sounds. But managing that collection of software instruments is probably more complex than just using an Integra.
Lives for gear

Quote:
A completely absurd post.
Not really. Just depends what you need. If you need a professional product, Sonar X1, X2, or X3 sadly falls very short. For everyone else, I'm sure it's fine.

Meanwhile I thought the quality dropped when it went from Pro Audio to Sonar. I had no idea how badly Cakewalk could fall.

They used to have a quality product with an amazing workflow. Unfortunately if you have deadlines, look elsewhere.

This is coming from someone who's been using the program since it was Cakewalk 5 when it was just midi. Back when they had "The Scream" for the panic button.

Like I said - it's fine for most people, but for professionals with a deadline, sadly Sonar is a joke.

Really - do I need to bring up stuff like the embarrassingly bad toolbar which is nowhere near as functional as the one in 8.5? On top of that it can't be re-sized? Put too many icons on the toolbar and it disappears off screen. They screwed that up right from X1. They're up to X3 and still haven't figured out how to fix the mess they made of the toolbar. Laughable.

Long standing bugs that never get fixed. Go ahead, put an external insert on a bus. Now solo the bus and watch all your audio go mute. That bug's been around since the stone age. They'll never fix that.

Embarrassingly bad decisions like getting rid of the phase buttons and the stereo interleave buttons from every track. Used to be that you could look at your tracks and in a glance know which were stereo and which were mono. Plenty of times I have stereo tracks switched to mono. It's a real pain now to figure out what's what. Not to mention the phase buttons. God forbid you have an easy way to see which tracks you've changed the phase on. That made this grievous error when they moved to Sonar X1. They're up to X3 and they still haven't figured out how to fix what they broke. I can almost guarantee that's because none of the programmers at Cakewalk work in music at a professional level. That's why they have no idea how to give people who do, the right tools.

They're going backwards, and in a bad way.

This is all moot since Cakewalk's been purchased by Gibson. Gibson is where brands go to die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Style Guide View Post
I have a fully loaded XV-5080 (with all expansion slots filled with both JV and SRX cards) and have considered replacing it with an Integra. The thing that has held me back was the lack of a Windows editor AND no way to edit the PCM sounds (i.e., all the older XV patches) in the former Mac-only editor. This new v2 editor does seem to address both of those issues. But the PCM editor screenshot that Mike posted isn't very inspiring. WTF, there is no graphical editing of envelopes, etc.? That's lame.

EDIT: I just realized that the screenshot shows the PCM Patch Common page (which doesn't really have any parameters that need to be "visualized" graphically). But the fact that the parameters are presented in a long list isn't very elegant. Why not arrange them in a more useful and understandable way?
Yea its a little clunky but its not so bad actually.
πŸ“ Reply